Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results or Postponements

Can you post, on this thread, any postponements or results, scorers and attendances please.

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

Saturday 21st November (2:30pm)

Falmouth Town Reserves P-P St Ives Town

Helston Athletic 0-2 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Angus Howlett, Cody Cooke)

Att - 50

Holman SC (Rob Press 4, Adam Selley 2, Dominic Batchelor 2, Scott Robinson, Derek Pickin, Rob Hopkins, Tony Eddy) 12-0 Portreath

Att - 15

Illogan RBL P-P Hayle Reserves

Newquay Reserves (Darren Roose 3, Dave Rabone 2) 5-2 Mullion (Andy Witheywood, Chris Ensink)

Att - 25

Perranwell (Tom Hogarth 2, Matt Rose) 3-0 St Just

Att - 58

RNAS Culdrose (Matt Thirkle, Sam Holbrook, Nick Longstaff) 3-1 Ludgvan (Mike Cruse)

Att - 6

St Agnes (Tom Benney 3, Mike Burn) 4-2 Wendron CC United Reserves (Ashley Pascoe, Leon Smethurst)

Att - 20

St Day P-P Penzance Reserves

Troon (Matt Witts) 1-1 Porthleven Reserves (Matt Dawson)

Att - 18

well with the local radio just announcing the met office have issued a severe weather warning for cornwall this afternoon with over an inch of rain expected, could be interesting! just driven between portreath and redruth and its the first time i have ever seen large stretches of that road flooded!

Guest Chris B

HELSTON 0-2 PENRYN

BETTER TEAM WON. 0-2 H/T

COULD OF BEEN 4. GOAL DISALLOWED PLUS GOOD SAVE FROM HELSTON KEEPER FROM A 1 ON 1 TO KEEP IT ONLY 2-0.

OVERALL A POOR GAME...BUT NO RAIN!

GOOD SIZE CROUD - WOULD GUESS AT 50??

illogan vs hayle-----OFF

:angry::angry::angry:

wasnt waterlogged and rain stoppin at 3ish-how can it be called off?? <_<

Mmmm, would have to disagree with that statement. The pitch was under water in most places which is why it was deemed unplayable. Perhaps a closer look at the state of playing surface wouldnt go a miss next time as apose to a ' drive by looking ' .

Guest Mr-_-Hovis

Rubbish game of football in my eyes :angry:

St just should off got back in the game at half time when they missed a penalty :unsure:

Also anybody see the penryn helston game ? It was 2-0 I think

illogan vs hayle-----OFF

:angry::angry::angry:

wasnt waterlogged and rain stoppin at 3ish-how can it be called off?? <_<

Mmmm, would have to disagree with that statement. The pitch was under water in most places which is why it was deemed unplayable. Perhaps a closer look at the state of playing surface wouldnt go a miss next time as apose to a ' drive by looking ' .

i wish it was a drive by looking then i would have stayed dry!!! lol (hopefully i wont be charged now with trespassing lol)

but like my prediction thanks to the bbc-it stopped raining here in illogan at i think 2:40ish and hasnt rained since- admittedly i did not walk into the middle of the pitch where i was told it was as you say underwater, i just feel that sometimes games get called off a little too easily-its not like we are professional clubs and have to play 2/3 times a week on the same pitch.

Look at clubs like perranwell, aggy, culdrose who i personally think are quite bad for holding water-they always seem to play and credit to them- i played in the charity cup match against perranwell a few weeks ago and the pitch was shocking but to their credit instead of dissapointing players and fans who wait and look forward to playing/watching footy all week they put it on.

local footy is all about playing and enjoying it as often as possible after all its only abit of rain- i reckon, and i could be wrong (CTB i need your help on this one) most matches would have been played no matter the weather 10yrs+ ago

i am not having a pop at illogan for calling the game off-just dissapointed that yet another week has gone by with another round of cancellations that in my eyes are a little soft :smiley20:

Heres to dry weather next week :smiley20:

Guest holmans10

CAN CONFIRM THE ABOVE GOALSCORERS ALSO PLAYER SENT OFF FOR THROWING A PUNCH AT OUR CENTRE-BACK, STRAIGHT RED. :SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton:. JUST HOPE PORTREATH SEE OUT THE SEASON AND SORT OUT THERE PROBLEMS :drink::drink::drink::drink: :drink:

RNAS CULDROSE 3 (2) V (0) 1 LUDGVAN

Ludgvan goalscorer: Mike Cruse.

Fairly blustery conditions with both teams working hard against the elements, was not what I called a classic. Culdrose deserved the win. Ludgvan played well in patches but did not use the wind to their advantage second half, I would say not a great deal between the teams but Culdrose had more expereience and better fittness, could see we had not played for a couple of weeks. Thanks goes to Culdrose for their hospitality after the game. We will see you on Feast day down at Ludgvan all the best for the rest of the season.

Yes Smithy I remember 10 years ago, when football was played on pitches when it shouldn't have been.

You had a great big mud diamond that peaked at each goal mouth and spread toward the halfway line where it finished on the touchline. That appeared about now and lasted until the end of the season. When I started looking after pitches some 20 years ago this was the norm, today we are better read I hope, and want our games to be played on something that resembles a green surface. Playing on a pitch that is waterlogged only causes more problems long term, once the soil is churned several times it loses any ambition to grow grass, or even weeds. Whilst I understand your frustration at not playing,surely the time has come to cure the cause, not the sympton. Grass roots football needs an injection of cash to ensure that playing surfaces are maintained to a level where play is possible every week. Loads of money is spent on encouraging coaching and status. charter standard springs to mind. When did you last hear of the FA, at either local or national level encouraging the groundsman side of soccer to improve. Most of my knowledge has been gained through the RFU training schemes, IOG and other related websites. So spare a thought for the poor sod who has to turn up Monday, or even later, to try and make the pitch playable for the next onslaught, and remember he is probably only a volunteer!

Holman SC 12-0

HT 6-0

Holman Goalscorers

Rob Press 4 (he claimed the 2 OG's)

Adam Selley 2

Dom Batchelor 2

Tony Eddy 1

Derek Pickin 1

Scott Robinson 1

Rob Hopkins 1

Holmans gain their 2nd win in two matches to move them on to 7 points however Portreath have major problems and best of luck to them for the season but only turning up with 10 players and being beaten by a side that is only three places above them conceeding 12 goals must be very disheartening and i fear they may not see the season out.

Blaythorne defied the elements for the 2nd week running and the pitch was in good condition to stage the game. Holmans started with the wind at their backs against 10 man Portreath and were becoming frustrated after 20min when the scores were still level following numerous home team chances that were denied by some poor finishing and good reaction saves from the Portreath keeper. The 1st goal finally came when Scott Robinson was fouled in the area for ref James O Brian to award a penalty which Dom Batchelor duly slotted into the back of the net. The goal was quickly followed by 5 others in the next 15 min with goals by Rob press (2) Rob Hopkins & Tony Eddy most notable was the goal by 17 year old Dom Batchelor who raced through from midfield skilfully beating 3 defenders before shooting past the keeper.

On the 40th minute a tackle by Holmans defender Mark Richards sparked a raised fist reaction from Dean Lambert who was shown a straight red card reducing the away side to 9 players

HT 6-0

Holmans found themselves against the wind in the 2nd half but with Portreath reduced to 9 men were finding themselves in acres of space and continued to exert pressure around the edge of the away sides 18yd box Adam Selley who had been guilty of a number of missed chances in the 1st half finally found his scoring boots and netted twice but was also creating a number of chances 1 falling to derek pickin to score following a rebound off the hardworking portreath keeper further goals from Rob Press and a Scott Robinson header took the final scoreline to 12-0

Thanks to Ben Minns from Holmans 2nds for stepping in to run the line for Portreath....i had to give him his entrance fee back and he will probably charge me for cleaning his jeans after he slipped over in the mud in his trainers....not happy lol!!!!!

Holmans hope to continue their recent run of good form when they face Culdrose at Blaythorne next week in their 3rd meeting of the season which has seen the airmen narrowly winning the two previous encounters.

Rubbish game of football in my eyes :angry:

St just should off got back in the game at half time when they missed a penalty :unsure:

Also anybody see the penryn helston game ? It was 2-0 I think

Should OFF ?? and did they miss a penalty in the break??

Go back up the hill on your bike with a couple of unsliced loaves as if they were sliced you would be missing a couple!! :c: