Cornwall Football Forum

What is your top 100

I was just reading an interesting article (For West Ham fans) on there top 100 greatest momments of all time, Some I agree with some I do not but one thing is for sure they have happened and there are some real crackers in there

As a football fan and someone who is passionate about his team I just love watching my team either live or on t.v and I have witnessed some great momments over the years all the highs and all lows but one thing is for sure you just cannot beat the buzz when you see something amazing from your own team

I was wondering what you as a football fan would say are some of your greatest momments watching your team play either live or on t.v?

Here are the ones taken from a recent poll on West Hams top 100 greatest momments (Enjoy)

The 1-0 FA Cup 4th round win at Old Trafford, 2000

Bobby Moore saving a penalty, early 1970's

Geoff Hurst's 6 goals against Sunderland, 1968

8-1 v Newcastle - Alvin's hat-trick against 3 different goalkeepers

Winning the Intertoto Cup in Metz

The 'Academy', and the quality produced in the 1990's

Frank MacAvennie's hat-trick against Nottingham Forest in his final game for the club

Kenny Brown's goal in the 1-0 win against Manchester United

Beating t*ttenham 4-1 at White Hart Lane thanks to a Steve Jones brace

Alvin Martin lumping Matthew Rush in training

The 1991 Villa Park FA Cup semi-final atmosphere

Beating Chelsea 4-0 at Stamford Bridge in the 1985/86 season

Jimmy Greaves' 2 goal debut in the 5-1 win at Maine Road, 1970

Beating Blackburn Rovers in the only wartime (1939-45) FA Cup Final

Two goals against Liverpool in the 1988 League Cup by (a previously un-hated) Paul Ince

Trevor Brooking knocking the referee flying (1976/77 season).

Mike Small's goal in the 1-0 win at Highbury

Martin Peters' 'Goal of the Season' against Leicester in 1966

Stuart Slater's total domination of our 2-1 win over Everton in 1991

The last day of terracing at Upton Park

1976 ECWC semi-final 2nd leg: 3-1 v Eintracht Frankfurt

Ray Stewart's last minute penalty at home to Villa in the 1979/80 FA Cup quarter-final

The comeback in the 5-4 win over Bradford City

Punt out, Dickens in the centre circle looped it upfield for Cottee to hit on the edge of the box first time. Quality! (match unknown!)

Hartson kicking Berko's teeth in at Chadwell Heath

Defoe goal at Old Trafford 2001, our only ever Premier League win against Manchester United - home or away

2-2 draw away to Spartak (1964/5 ECWC)

Spending a then World record fee for a goalkeeper when signing Phil Parkes from QPR

The Bobby Moore memorial game

Beating Arsenal 2-0 at Highbury the week before they played in the Cup Winners Cup final (Martin Allen scored a screamer)

Finishing 3rd in Division One, 1985/ 86

Paolo's volley - the Goal of the Season against Wimbledon, March 2000

Gaining promotion against Cambridge, 1993

The 4-1 League Cup win against Liverpool, November 1988

The White Horse FA Cup Final, 1923 (the first at Wembley)

George Parris' last minute winner at home against Watford in the mud, March 1987

The unveiling of the 'Champions' statue, 2003

Bobby Moore's embrace with Pele, 1970 World Cup Finals

Beating Don Revie's Leeds United 7-0, November 1966

The anti-bond protests, 1992

Frank Lampard's extra-time winner against Everton, 1979/80 FA Cup semi-final

Ray Stewart's last minute penalty against Aston Villa, 1979/80 FA Cup quarter-final

Bobby Moore & Jimmy Greaves' linked-arms dance during an away match at Spurs, 1969

'Chippy' Brady's curler at home to Arsenal, April 1987

The tributes at Upton Park following the death of Bobby Moore, February 1993

Julian Dicks' penalty against Manchester United, December 1996

Alan Taylor's record of 2 goals in the quarter, semi and final of the FA Cup run, 1975

Winning 3-0 at Middlesbrough to clinch promotion, May 1958

Ron Greenwood being made England manager, Summer 1977

Ronnie Boyce scoring from the half-way line after a Joe Corrigan goal kick - West Ham 5 Man City 1, March 1970

Keith Robson's 30-yarder against Eintracht Frankfurt - ECWC quarter-final, April 1976

Paolo Di Canio catching the ball at Everton (and subsequently winning the FIFA fair play award), December 2000

Liam Brady's last game - 4-0 at home to Wolves, May 1990

The FA Cup semi-final in the mud at Hillsborough - West Ham 3 Man Utd 1, March 1964

The 4-3 win at Upton Park v Spurs in the gale, February 1997

Dani's match winner against Spurs at White Hart Lane, February 1996

5-5 draw v Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, December 1966

The Queens visit to Upton Park, 2002

Gareth Southgate's penalty miss in the quarter-final shootout against Aston Villa, December 1999

Beating Man Utd 4-2 under the floodlights to avoid relegation, May 1977

Bobby Moore lifting the World Cup, June 1966

Trevor Brooking's goals for England in Hungary, 1981

Leroy Rosenior's winning goal (header) against Arsenal in the FA Cup 3rd round replay at Highbury, January 1989

Beating Bury 10-0 (12-1 on aggregate), October 1983

Ian Bishops 'contretemps' with his missus which led to a bandaged arse

Trevor Sinclair's scissors kick against Derby at Upton Park, December 2001

Beating Chelsea 4-1 at home to guarantee our safety and all but send them down, May 1988

Paolo Di Canio making a monkey out of Keown - West Ham 2 Arsenal 1, October 1999

Clyde Best, Clive Charles and Ade Coker playing in the same team, blazing a trail for black footballers, 1971/72 season

3 goals in 6 minutes against Coventry - Upton Park, September 1983

Geoff Hurst scoring the only hat-trick in a World Cup Final, July 1966

David Cross' 4 goals at White Hart Lane - Spurs 0 West Ham 4, September 1981

Retaining our Premiership status thanks mainly to the Kitson/Hartson partnership, 1996/97 season

Paolo Futre's first touch as a West Ham player. Dazzling 30 yard dribble then laid it off to ... Dowie - vs Coventry, August 1996

Ian Pearce's last minute thunderbolt at White Hart Lane - Spurs 1 West Ham 1, April 2002

The lights go out at Upton Park right after Frank Lampard Jnr equalises - West Ham 2 Palace 2, 1997/98 season

Dutch striker Marco Boogers being found in a caravan and declared insane

Stuart Slater's goal against Sunderland; goal-kick, ball never touched the ground, flick-on, volley, top corner - West Ham 5 S'land 0, October 1989

Bryan `Pop' Robson's back-heel - West Ham 3 Man Utd 0, News Years Day 1972

Billy Bonds' tears as we are all but relegated - West Ham 0 Liverpool 2, April 1978

West Ham lifting the Cup Winners Cup at Wembley - West Ham 2 Munich 0, May 1965

Ludo's game: stopping Man Utd winning the Championship - West Ham 1 Man Utd 1, May 1995

Julian Dicks punching Arsenal's Perry Groves full in the face with both fists when going up for a header - Groves begged to be substituted (date unknown)

Pottsy's goal - West Ham 7 Hull City 1, October 1990

Martin Allen's volley in the League Cup 'war' - West Ham 1 Wimbledon 0, November 1989

The 6-0 humiliation of Coventry in the FA Youth Cup Final, 1999

Brian Dear's 5 goal haul - in 20 minutes - against West Brom, April 1965

Trevor Brooking's first game as manager - Man City 0 West Ham 1, April 2003

First ever UEFA Cup tie at Upton Park - West Ham 3 Osijek 0, September 1999

Bare bones? Goalkeeper Les Sealy coming on at Highbury as a makeshift striker - Arsenal 1 West Ham 0, September 1995

West Ham 3 Preston 2 - our first FA Cup Final victory, May 1964

Ray Stewart's last minute penalty in the League Cup Final at Wembley - March 1981

Paolo Di Canio's farewell goal at Upton Park - West Ham 1 Chelsea 0, May 2003

Bobby Moore blowing the referee's whistle after the man in black had been knocked out (date unknown)

5-1 ECWC extra-time win against Castilla behind closed doors at Upton Park - October 1980

The 1-1 draw against Real Zaragoza in the home leg of the ECWC semi-finals, April 1965

Chilean defender Javier Margas dying his hair claret and blue, September 1999

West Ham 2 Fulham 0 - our second FA Cup Final victory (and against Bobby Moore), May 1975

The Cup returns to East London; West Ham 1 Arsenal 0 - FA Cup Final, May 1980

Julian Dicks 'stamps' on John Spencer - West Ham 1 Chelsea 3, September 1995

Gazza freekick against Arse-anal in the 91 FA Cup semi final at Wembley :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVMaIUSeRxA

Nayim scoring for Zaragoza against Arsenal :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv35OY396Fo&NR=1

Gazza goal against Scotland at Euro 96 :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0NT6aUwN8c

Shearers 2nd goal in the 4-1 win against Holland in Euro 96 as he and Sheringham tore the Dutch to pieces, TOTAL FOOTBALL :thumbsup: (all worth seeing again though)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3O0psZe-VE...=PL&index=7

And for pure nailbiting intensity, I have to agree with mariner... This is about the best link I could find, and to be honest, I think it's superb. Apart from the hilarious Yank trying to make out he knows something about the beautiful game that is "Soccer", the commentary is superb. I can only imagine what you United supporters must have felt like that night. Surely something that will NEVER be forgotten?.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH4kKAwsux8

george weah's solo run against Verona (i think) back in either 95 or 96- i remember watching it on channel 4's football italia when i was a wee nipper and thinking i want to be george weah!!!

everytime i played at school or in the street i was always calling myself weah!! lol

alan smiths wonder goal against parma that won us the cup winners cup in 94

anders limpar in 92 scoring from nearly half way line against liverpool

maxi rodriguez winning vs mexico in WC-stunnin

henry goal in the bernabeu-classic!

adebayor volley against spurs!--had to add that one, rude not to lol

just to name a few

gota agree with mariner, ole and teddy doing the krauts in barcelona, george best once said that he left the stadium before the 1st goal went in, bet he was gutted

the semi against juventus in 99, keano getting his yellow then playing out of his skin for the rest of the game making sure we got there no matter what his personal situation, true leader

terry falling over in moscow, my heart nearly landed in my beer when that happened

1st united game i remember watching on tv, 4-0 against chelski in the fa cup final, pure amazment on my tv screen, never looked back since

beckhams free kick against greece at wembley sending us to the world cup

owens world cup 98 goal

england 5-1 germany, the look on the crowds faces when heskey scored will be in my head forever

12th May 1979

What a cup final.

agree with that one mangle . alan sunderland 3-2 arsenal

but the top one for me has to be michael thomas running through to clinch the league at anfield . 2-0 to arsenal and anfield stunned as they watched the gunners pick up the trophy .

They'd never have done it without David "The Rock" Rocastle and Perry "I'm 12 with ginger hair and look like Jimmy Somerville" Groves :c:

Marino Keith scoring the 94th minute winner away at Swindon just two minutes after the Swindon equaliser and with the Swindon fans singing "2-0 and you f***ed it up!".

Mickey Evans scoring in his final game for Argyle at home to Ipswich in front of the Devonport End. I celebrated that as much as promotion games.

Friio's goal v QPR. The moment I knew we were promoted.

Martin Barlow scoring at home to Gillingham in March '96 promotion run in.

Friio scoring two goals right at the end of the game (possibly in injury time?) at home to Gillingham to turn a 1-0 defeat into a 2-1 win.

Friio saving a shot in the final game of Argyle's last promotion season. Sent off and gave away a penalty. Penalty was missed and clean sheet was kept.

Winning 3-0 away at Forest in their relegation season. Awsome atmosphere and great day.

Halmosi scoring in the 1-0 win away at Sheff Utd. the game after Holloway had left.

0-0 draw away at Notts County the game after Sturrock had left for Saints. A huge Argyle crowd saw McCormick save a pen to hold on.

Super Rory Fallon scoring twice at Ashton Gate to secure a win against City.

Ian Stonebridge scoring a 93rd minute header away at the scum to get a 3-2 win at St. Aimless Park.

My most exciting moment was at home park many years ago in the league cup plymouth where beating crystal palace when in the last minute palace get a pen up steps terry venables to take it and plymouth goalie jim furnell pulls off a tremendous save and plymouth win also i can still see john barnes goin down the wing at villa park to cross for george reilly to head watford into the fa cup final vs everton if only gordon nisbet had fouled that little shit barnes or kevin hodges had not missed a sitter near the end we could of been goin to wembley ,did get there years later to see them play darlington and ronnie mauge score the winner but watching darlington at wembley and when it could of been everton doesnt have the same ring does it .Well done to rory fallon in getting new zealand into the world cup finals be good seeing him on tv . :c: