Cornwall Football Forum

think the way they played after the recent blips cheered us up more than the money a very good win could have been a banana skin game but they did very welll :drink:

Tiverton have a lovely set up but it seems that all the sucess of years gone by is slowly fading away and each season seems to become more of a struggle. They have failed to achieve promotion from the league their in and now they could be stuck there for some time.

Tiverton have been stagnating for some years, Paul. They stayed too long in the Western league (as we Mangos found to our cost on more than one occasion when they & Taunton kept staying put all the time) and then they began brightly enough in the Southern League, earning a quick promotion, but once in the Premier Division, the wheels have slowly come off, year by year.

Relegation is a distinct possibility right now, even though most of the season is still to come. It happened to us last season and you could see it coming pretty much for most of the campaign.

In my view, Martyn Rogers has been in charge for too long - almost 20 years. Common sense says that after so long, a new face is needed at the helm to freshen things up, but he is not just the manager down there (or up there from where you are!). He is commercial manager & various other things as well. The Tivvy fans, a decent bunch in my experience, have become quite fed up this past 2 or 3 seasons because as it's been clear to them that a change was needed, but nothing ever happens. But their 0-5 & 0-4 home defeats this past week, though, were worse than ever and surely something has to happen there sooner or later......

20 years!! Blimey, that is a long time. They have the set up to move up another level but to see them drop down would be a disaster for them now surly? There cant be many better grounds than Tivertons in that league. Look at Truro for example. They have nothing on Tivertons ground right now. Heavy home defeats look to be setting the tone for the season.

Act your age guys.

There are some clubs who know their limits. If they don't; they should. For Tivvy to go up would mean they would return from whence they came. For some clubs, Truro could well be one of them; promotion would ring a death knell.

You people crack me up. You sit on your butts deciding the future of a football club that up until a year ago; many of you never even knew existed. (all Tivvy fans are excluded) All Truro fans are not!

20 years!! Blimey, that is a long time. They have the set up to move up another level but to see them drop down would be a disaster for them now surly? There cant be many better grounds than Tivertons in that league. Look at Truro for example. They have nothing on Tivertons ground right now. Heavy home defeats look to be setting the tone for the season.

Yes Paul,I have got to agree Tiverton have got a very nice set up.The reason being that it was hoped they would climb further up the leagues and would be ready for it.But sadly things seem to have not worked out the way they wanted.Let's hope they can get it together and start climbing up the league.

As for making Truro's ground an example,we know there is no comparison at the moment,but it will come i'm sure.At the moment we have one of the best playing surfaces in the county,no matter how much rain we have the pitch is still playable,which was not the case a couple of seasons back when it was first relayed.I'm quite sure in the next couple of years after improvments have been made you wont know the place.

Pablo.....what the hell are you on about??

Are we not aloud to talk about other clubs?

And whos never heard of what?? Tiverton??

Ive been there every season to see them for the past 7 or 8 seasons with Argyle and St Blazey for pre season friendlies. This season was the first time I havnt been there. Ive seen Tiverton build into a good club so run along Pablo.

:wacko:

Kit 65, thankyou for the sensible reply.

I wasnt knocking Truro. More placing a comparison to Tiverton. What are the plans for Truros ground? When i was there a few weeks ago i noticed the latest improvements. Are there plans to develope the ground this season?

If you were to win promotion, would there be alot to do to meet the required standard?

Act your age guys.

There are some clubs who know their limits. If they don't; they should. For Tivvy to go up would mean they would return from whence they came. For some clubs, Truro could well be one of them; promotion would ring a death knell.

You people crack me up. You sit on your butts deciding the future of a football club that up until a year ago; many of you never even knew existed. (all Tivvy fans are excluded) All Truro fans are not!

What an utter load of rubbish.Truro deserve credit for having a go at climbing the ladder,and that's not done by sitting on your butt.True, a couple of years back many never knew we existed,but we are opening a few eyes now.Cornwall was always known to have a few good rugby teams,now they know we have a football team as well.No one knows how far we can progress,or even if we finish up playing in the county leagues again in a few years,but at least we are giving it a go and everyone involved with the club are enjoying every bit of it.That's what football should be all about.

Act your age guys.

i wish u never existed,you total :huh:

Act your age guys.

i knew tiverton excisted when i was with bodmin town in the late 80's early 90's i support city and pablo your barking up the wrong tree as they as say in wadebridge dont mind him he's from dogbin

Er excuse me but I was not knocking either Truro or Tiverton. I was trying to make the point that a club has to be equipped to deal with a higher league. Not just with their facilities but also with their finances. I apologise if I didn't make myself clear.

Er excuse me but I was not knocking either Truro or Tiverton. I was trying to make the point that a club has to be equipped to deal with a higher league. Not just with their facilities but also with their finances. I apologise if I didn't make myself clear.

To my mind you made it very bloody clear.Dont try and backtrack now.

Not back-tracking. I mean what? What are you and Mr Mourhino gonna do, talk me to death? Get a grip.

There is no point in a club at this level being promoted if it can't sustain itself at a higher level. Clubs who can't, go bust mate. Haven't you noticed? Jeez, do you two live in a plant pot or something?

Maybe Truro could pay back some of the money owed to many the local firms with the prize fund for the round?

name the firms truro city have ripped off . city havent done anything . seperate city from the chairmans private business .cornish homes sponsored city only get your facts straight

Not back-tracking. I mean what? What are you and Mr Mourhino gonna do, talk me to death? Get a grip.

There is no point in a club at this level being promoted if it can't sustain itself at a higher level. Clubs who can't, go bust mate. Haven't you noticed? Jeez, do you two live in a plant pot or something?

i have only made one post on this subject,so how the hell am i talking you to death,if i knew i would dont you worry, :blink:

i have only made one post on this subject,so how the hell am i talking you to death,if i knew i would dont you worry, :blink:

forgot to add plainstupid on again,what a ,is he pablo,s brother :clapper:

'Ripping off local businesses?' Who knows.

According to one credit referencing agency, there appears to be one unpaid County Court Judgement against Truro City Football Club for £6149 obtained at Truro Court on 1/5/09.

Of course, it is quite possible that the football club has paid now paid this amount although the agency is normally pretty good at updating its records. As of now, they are stating payment is still outstanding.

There were no comments regarding my previous post on the club's accounts, filed a few weeks ago.

Truro supporters should probably keep their fingers crossed that the Chairman retains his enthusiasm and his resources since it seems unlikely that the club can be self-funding with its current cost base.

That said, the 'park and walk' scheme might be far more lucrative than I ever imagined.

Guest plainmoor

So when the chairman tells a company not to invoice truro fc for work done on the ground but to invoice one of his failing companies that would be wound up a week or two later is quite acceptable to all you band wagon jumpers is it. he knew exactly what he was doing, the name of truro fc will always be tainted for everyone not conected with tcfc.

'Ripping off local businesses?' Who knows.

According to one credit referencing agency, there appears to be one unpaid County Court Judgement against Truro City Football Club for £6149 obtained at Truro Court on 1/5/09.

Of course, it is quite possible that the football club has paid now paid this amount although the agency is normally pretty good at updating its records. As of now, they are stating payment is still outstanding.

There were no comments regarding my previous post on the club's accounts, filed a few weeks ago.

Truro supporters should probably keep their fingers crossed that the Chairman retains his enthusiasm and his resources since it seems unlikely that the club can be self-funding with its current cost base.

That said, the 'park and walk' scheme might be far more lucrative than I ever imagined.

I dont think coming on here and asking football supporters about Truro City football club accounts is the correct way to answer your question.How the hell do you think we would know?

I would suggest you contact the clubs accountant,I expect he would be more than pleased to answer your questions.

So when the chairman tells a company not to invoice truro fc for work done on the ground but to invoice one of his failing companies that would be wound up a week or two later is quite acceptable to all you band wagon jumpers is it. he knew exactly what he was doing when he ripped them off, the name of truro fc will always be tainted for everyone not conected with tcfc.

The same old story.We have heared it a thousand times,and most of us are off hearing it.

Cant you find something new to knock Truro City with?

As a neutral and yes I am a neutral, it's great fun watching posters here from football clubs like Bodmin, St. Blazey and Newquay having a pop at Truro. You are all 3,000 ft under the radar in Cornish sporting terms. Apparently Falmouth Town are the most famous football club in Cornwall, well knock me down with a feather but two miles up the road Penryn rugby club have a far more illustrious history.

Cornwall is Rugby country. All football clubs in this part of the world are TIN POT FOOTBALL CLUBS and the sporting Cornish public don't really give a damn about "poofball".

At least Truro City and their backers are trying to do something about it.

I couldnt care less what the Cornish public thinks of St Blazey. The Blazey fans will worry about St Blazey, like wise Newquay fans will worry about Newquay etc. I aint knocking Truro for having a go at climbing the leagues. If St Blazey had the money, maybe we would to!!!

slummer if the cornish public were more interested in rugby why are there so few teams.any of the so called good cornish teams have few cornish players in there side.take redruth renowned for bringing players through the ranks gave a debut to a south african last week.what is this doing for the strength of cornish rugby.

why are most of the playing fields in cornwall football pitches,i have failed to see a council playing field with rugby posts on <_< your argument is dated :SM_carton:

Cornwall is Rugby country

Only when people can see a trip to Twickenham on the horizon.

Now if you're talking about tin-pot competitions, how easy was it for Cornwall to get there the season before last when I think I'm right in thinking they were a second-rate county playing in the "Plate" group or whatever!

I think I have finally managed to hit a nerve. I come from a strong family rugby background but I've always been more interested in football.

Today the only club in Cornish football that is having a go at playing at the highest level is Truro City. Every man and his dog from clubs like St. Blazey, Newquay etc that be honest nobody in Cornwall has ever heard of before are having a pop at Truro at the moment.

Turo city play at step 7 in the pyramid, all other football clubs in Cornwall play at step god know what. Amateur rubbish.

Dave I was there in 1991 but you can't argue that Redruth get over 1000 for home games, the Pirates average 2500+ even though they are nomads and the historical best rugby club in the country Camborne still get higher gates than the like of Newquay FC, St. Blazey FC et all.

I'm really not trying to knock fans from those clubs but they really need to start improving their poor footballing level in Cornwall rather than snipping at Truro all the time.

Slummer, Redruth might get over a 1000 and Penzance might get 2500+ but thats because there are 3 rugby teams in Cornwall and 500 football teams!! If there was as few football teams as Rugby teams then Penzance FC would have double the amount of supporters than their Egg chasing friends accross the road!!

It's simple maths!!

Rugby is nowhere near as popular in Cornwall than football....FACT!!

Slummer, Redruth might get over a 1000 and Penzance might get 2500+ but thats because there are 3 rugby teams in Cornwall and 500 football teams!! If there was as few football teams as Rugby teams then Penzance FC would have double the amount of supporters than their Egg chasing friends accross the road!!

It's simple maths!!

Rugby is nowhere near as popular in Cornwall than football....FACT!!

not true at all

i used to go to Truro R.F.C no more then 2 seasons ago and they were getting more crowds then any football team other then there footballing neighbours! but still close to that!

i would go out on a limb and say rugby has more fans in cornwall then football fans

slummer if the cornish public were more interested in rugby why are there so few teams.any of the so called good cornish teams have few cornish players in there side.take redruth renowned for bringing players through the ranks gave a debut to a south african last week.what is this doing for the strength of cornish rugby.

why are most of the playing fields in cornwall football pitches,i have failed to see a council playing field with rugby posts on <_< your argument is dated :SM_carton:

martin i think mate you are getting a bit carried away there redruth played there second team against manchester and gave the south african boy a game . but lets be honest here people say that falmouth and truro are famous in football standards . i say no way no cornish football team is famous . rugby teams in cornwall are famous . and im sorry but truro would have to get to the football league division one to match the standard of redruth rugby club .

When you consider the number of teams that play football each week compared with rugby, it's no wonder there are more supporters. You simply can't be playing and supporting at the same time.

Respect to Redruth and the Pirates who are playing at a great level, but cut the number of football teams by around 60% and you'll find you'll have more supporters over night.

I hate to admit it but apart from Truro City our top Rugby clubs play a much higher league standard than the rest of our so called top football teams. The only way they can get national coverage is if a player gets sent off and goes into the stand and assaults a visiting supporter.

sorry mate buy not apart from truro . including truro