Cornwall Football Forum

Glyn Rowett....sacked!!

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

jim hilton and hoopers just heard from wets

Why on earth would Jim want to leave Newquay ? We have better players, better ground, an excellent chance of promotion, a decent chance of a good run in the FA Vase, St Austell would be a backward step in my view. Jim also has a major role in the Newquay Youth set up and is well liked and admired by everyone at Mount Wise.

If anyone will take over short term at Poltair, I would guess Gary P and Bradley Ralph, both have expressed a desire to manage in the last few years and both have the respect of most people in the game.

Will some players looking to leave decide they have injuries this Saturday, so they will not be cup-tied at another club in a later round if they move on ?

As a player at St.Austell, I don't feel it's my place to post the reason for Glyn being dismissed as manager. But I will say it definately wasn't player power! I'm sure in time a member from our comitee will release reasons for their decision. I will also confirm there is a manager in place. Whether it is temporary or permanent i don't know. Again, not my place to release who this is, so no requirement for more stupid rumours about who may get the job. God knows where you got your shortlist of 6 people from! Further to this, no players have any intention of leaving the club. I would like to take this oppurtunity to say thanks to Glyn for all he's done, and wish him all the best for the future!

Well said Leaner,

Just thought i would say what a fantastic job Glyn has done at St Austel football club, remember when he took the job on St Austel were bottom of the league, a year later they win the Cornwall senior cup and finished runners up to a good Penzance side.

All the best for the future Glyn

from Plymstock Utd football club.

Well said Leaner,

Just thought i would say what a fantastic job Glyn has done at St Austel football club, remember when he took the job on St Austel were bottom of the league, a year later they win the Cornwall senior cup and finished runners up to a good Penzance side.

All the best for the future Glyn

from Plymstock Utd football club.

I remember Bodmin being bottom of the old SWL until the money walked in, they won they league next season.... and Newquay were runners up last season, although St Austell did do the league double over them.

Some have said your name is on the list of 6 Micky, anything you want to add ?

I would like to put on record that Afc st Austell has had a massive turnaround in fortunes since Glyn took over, and I as much as anyone thank him for that. When he took over the club was on its knees and on the brink of extiction, in just over a year you won the senior cup and came a creditable 3rd in the league.

You and Steve can hold your heads up high for what you achieved and I must go on record in saying that the club wouldnt be where it is today in terms of attendance, Financially and league position. You will be sadly missed in around the club .

I am sure you wont be out of football for very long and where ever you go they will benefit from your exeperience.

Thanks for all the good times Glyn/Steve you wont be forgotten.

AFC St Austell will continue like the great club we are under the new management team of Andy Dingle and Andy Parr, with the likes of Gary P, Gary Whieldon and James Chapman supporting them , Iam sure that the team will be a force to be reckoned with and have a good chance of finishing in the top 2.

Role on Saturday and a difficult first game for the boys against Liskeard.

Thanks for listening

Regards

Money Man

I would like to congratulate Andy and Andy on becoming the new management team at AFC St Austell. I am certain there will be a very smooth transition from Glyn as both lads are currently at the club in one role or another anyway.

Having been assistant to "Dingers" at Newquay, I know how passionate he is and I am certain he will take St Austell to even greater success than last season.

I wish both Andy's the very best of luck and auccess in their new role at the Club.

I would like to put on record that Afc st Austell has had a massive turnaround in fortunes since Glyn took over, and I as much as anyone thank him for that. When he took over the club was on its knees and on the brink of extiction, in just over a year you won the senior cup and came a creditable 3rd in the league.

You and Steve can hold your heads up high for what you achieved and I must go on record in saying that the club wouldnt be where it is today in terms of attendance, Financially and league position. You will be sadly missed in around the club .

Thanks for all the good times Glyn/Steve you wont be forgotten.

Thanks for listening

Regards

Money Man

So Money Man (love the name by the way), if Mr Rowett was as wonderful as you have implied above, why is he no longer your manager ? Surely, any club would love to have had the massive improvement that you have eluded to, in such as short space of time, so why the sudden departure ? As Football Person has previously stated, "something stinks".

WMN story link - http://www.thisiswesternmorningnews.co.uk/...il/article.html

Kitbag, your comment is just not worthy of a reply.

I feel that out of respect for Mr Glyn Rowett and the club it should be concluded that some and I say some with significance, thought that Glyns management style and influence on some of the players was not what it was at the end of last season.

The concern of SOME of the commitee was that the club would lose influential players and freefall down the league, this would effect attendance and revenue.

After a meeting with the Players and ultimatly with Glyn/Steve it was decided and not by all that Glyn/steve should leave.

To add this was only the thoughts of some and perhaps there was a bit of a knee jerk decision and all happened to quickly, personally this is happening all to much in football and I think Glyn/Steve would of proved that afc st Austell under there management would of been fine.

Things happen in Football that we dont agree with all the time but we need to move on now from this sad time and most importantly hope that AFC St Austell maintain there strong start to the season.

Money Man

That sounds like player power to me, if not by all then some. The progress on the pitch speaks for itself, so just how do committee members become concerned about losing players? Certain players expressing concerns maybe?

Good luck to the Andys. As for Glyn and Steve, they won't be out of it for long, I'm sure more than one club are going to be very interested in this development.

Thank you Money Man for answering so concisely. And yes, there will be more than one club looking at the situation very carefully... will the SWPL be rushing to print a big batch of 7 day notices ?

would newquay want any of them you think judge,

I can't speak for the club, Jim or anyone else, I am merely a supporter. All I can say, after seeing St Austell 4 times last season, is that 3 players would be on my shopping list. However, with the strict expenses cap at Mount Wise, I doubt if we could afford them. 1 Defender, 1 Midfielder and 1 Forward, no names as that would be unfair on the players concerned.

would newquay want any of them you think judge,

I can't speak for the club, Jim or anyone else, I am merely a supporter. All I can say, after seeing St Austell 4 times last season, is that 3 players would be on my shopping list. However, with the strict expenses cap at Mount Wise, I doubt if we could afford them. 1 Defender, 1 Midfielder and 1 Forward, no names as that would be unfair on the players concerned.

wets , olly and body , you would have a good team then ,