Cornwall Football Forum

New shirt sponsor announced

I thought parking was going to be a £1 a day with a free plastic raincape chucked in. I notice it's now £2 a throw from 7am-7pm.

You pay at the bar if open or honesty box if closed. Then they announce they have the right to clamp cars. So if you use the honesty box and then get clamped how do you prove you've paid?

Just a question I'd like answered before I ever park there when no-one is around or is this threat of clamping another empty threat.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Nothing like a gentle nudge in the right direction to get things moving. No doubt a few free drinks will be lined up for me in Stinkers on Wednesday night :smiley20:

If you watch the ticker on the Truro Website until the last news item it says

Tiger Commercial secures new shirt sponsors for the club - TRURO COLLEGE will be on the front and LIVERY DOLE MITSUBISHI on the back.

Is that better judge?

Truro College,mmm,would that be tax payers money. :ninja:

The Cornish Pirates are also sponsered by Truro College :rolleyes:

Really ? my Pirates shirt says CORNWALL COLLEGE on the sleeve. However, unless we actually know this is a financial deal, then perhaps we should hold fire. Perhaps for once Truro have done the right thing like Aston Villa have done with Acorns (Childrens Charity) and given the advertising space free of charge.

Guest hammer3

Really ? my Pirates shirt says CORNWALL COLLEGE on the sleeve. However, unless we actually know this is a financial deal, then perhaps we should hold fire. Perhaps for once Truro have done the right thing like Aston Villa have done with Acorns (Childrens Charity) and given the advertising space free of charge.

Would that make you like Truro then? Or would you still hate them to the core?

As you are a relative newbie to the forum Hammer3, you may not know the full story. However, I will happily tell you what most others know, I have no problem with Truro City AFC as was or those who supported the club. One man and one man only is the problem with the current club and even that has been acknowledged by some more enlightened City fans.

If Truro have gone for a one year no fee sponsorship deal with a local education facility, then it would be a good PR move, something the club desparately need. I can see the next move as discounted tickets for students... watch this space !

Guest hammer3

lol

Im not a newbie, I just choose not to post very often. Mostly because the majority of the stuff that gets presented to my Monitor is anti Truro drivel. Im fully aware of your love/hate relationship with Truro City and Mr Heany.

I am sure that TCFC and Truro College have a sensible business arrangement that suits both parties in terms of finance, facilities etc. It is great that clubs can offer charitable opportunities, although in a lot of cases we are all well aware of the costs involved in running a local football club and the need to obtain financial support to remain viable.

As you are a relative newbie to the forum Hammer3, you may not know the full story. However, I will happily tell you what most others know, I have no problem with Truro City AFC as was or those who supported the club. One man and one man only is the problem with the current club and even that has been acknowledged by some more enlightened City fans.

If Truro have gone for a one year no fee sponsorship deal with a local education facility, then it would be a good PR move, something the club desparately need. I can see the next move as discounted tickets for students... watch this space !

Judge, am I correct in saying you are a Chelsea supporter? Could you please tell me the difference between Heaney and Roman. Im sure as high powered business men they have not treated everyone as perhaps they should, how many successful business folks have, but it strikes me there are massive similarities. Taken a decent club from its knees and made it successful once again. Forgive me if im treading on old ground or there are other reasons but it seems to me to smart of jealousy. Judge, this is in no way meant to offend or upset you, just a curious onlooker :smiley20:

No offence taken.

Roman walked into Chelsea and took on a massive debt but he cleared those and gave the fans a sense of security.

A chap walks into a club with more than one eye on the land the club owned, in the opinion of many, he looked at how much he could make from the deal. Circumstances and politics have prevented him from doing so. During his stewardship, many local businesses were denied the money owed by the football club as he asked that accounts be sent to another, now defunct company.

I don't recall the Chelsea man doing this since he took over at the Bridge.

As far as the sponsorship deal goes, I do not know if it is a commercial venture or a charitable deal with the college, no info on the official TCFC website. But wouldn't it be a nice gesture and good PR for the club if it were true.

Abramovich is seemed to have, according to the papers, lost billions of pounds due to the credit crunch. His company had not gone under.

Heaney had a company valued a probably a mere hundred times less the value of Abramovich.

Both have lost probably the same percentage of each of their respective companies, if not Heaney more as houses are not being traded at the moment, whereas Oil will always be needed.

The majority of people will always secure their own homes and lives before thinking of others.

Would any of you sell your house or assets to keep other happy? I'm sure alot of people would in goodwill, but I bet that more than 50% when put in the situation would, as long as too many people aren't hurt by the decision have done the same thing if it was possible to "get away with it", of which the current trading laws have clearly stated, no 'legal' wrong has been done.

Somerset, I was merely asking the Judge a question regarding his anti Truro comments made on this and other threads. I was not turning the thread into one of your little battles you like to start out of the blue with the Arsenal fans. As I explained, at least I tried to but it clearly hasnt worked, on the other thread I was not giving you stick. Just asking if you could keep an open mind regarding the issue in question rather than start one of your little bantering sessions. Starting to think issac had it right that you spend to long up those poles!! :wacko:

Thanks Judge, agree that the deal would be good for both parties if its community based deal, with students and lecturers from all over the county attending the college it could boost match day revenue etc. Though like Dave says it would be a shock if they have given away that space on the shirt for free, there must be plenty of businesses willing to on the front of the shirt given the decent attendances Truro have.

Understand your anger regarding the money owed to other companies but I also feel he deserves a lot of credit. He has spent a lot of money to bring success to the club. I agree the man probably did go there looking to see what he could get out of it, hes a businessman after all. But he has put his money where his mouth is since then(providing all monies owed were paid in May!) Has Roman given Chelsea any more stability that Heaney has given Truro given that if they both walked away today could the clubs survive the wage bill without them?