Cornwall Football Forum

Crowds!!!

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

I don't get that mate, why declare a crowd HIGHER than it actually is ? There are costs involved in such actions VAT etc...

If clubs stick to a head count after 30mins, which some clubs have now adopted and said "what a good idea", then we would all know where we are.

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think clubs pay VAT on gate receipts so that is why some cook the attendance figures in league games.

It's funny though that they get it spot on when they play an FA game, ie Cup or Vase, as the gate receipts are shared!!

I have no idea why clubs do this. Maybe its so that they look good on the average attendance list. Surly there cant be any other reason. It cant be for money reasons because if it was, then clubs with say a crowd of 100 might only declare 75 and there the rest of the cash would be lost!!

But to over declare can only mean they want to look good surly!!

Oh, by the way, St Blazey have sold 2300 tickets for next saturdays match already!! Hurry before theyve all gone!! :lol:

Don't forget Paul, that figure will include life members, some of whom passed away as long ago as the 80s.

Being a "statto" myself, I was dead chuffed when our league started announcing attendance figures, but I also have been disappointed by how wildly wrong they often are. Surely it's just a case of getting a roll of numbered admission tickets and handing them to spectators as they go in. Subtract the last number from the first and you have your attendance. Not rocket science surely.

Don't like this idea of doing a headcount myself. What I call a 90, someone else will call a 60.

Is it really that difficult to count the spectators as they come in?

Dave non more so than Elburton Villa Vospers Plymstock Saltash Utd all within 4 miles.So Parkway must have something going for them yet to drop below a three figure attendace since the SWPL start. Also note that Saltash have increased gates when Parkway are not at home. :drink:

We were there last year and the given crowd of 96 (I think) was WILDLY wrong.

Holsworthy's home support was about 40 on that day. Liskeard take no more than about 15 on the road, so I expect the actual figure was closer to 50 or 60.

(but of course I fully admit that I wasn't at the game and have absolutely no right to comment :D)

Could be 500 at parkway v Buckland tomorrow Friday. Of all the clubs wishing to move up the pyramid Plymouth Parkway are the more likely to do it because of their gates. Don't forget nothing is on in Plymouth on a Friday night so if Parkway continue to do well then people will go along to watch. Plymouth population is in excess of 250,000.

Cant wait for the planning permision to build the new club hosue, changing rooms etc is passed so they can get on with building.

DanBlazey, I think ul find that the number of spectators given for the Holsworhty/Liskeard game was just about correct as i was present at the match myself. However numbers are known to be lower than this over the vast majority of the season but hey look at the size of holsworthy and the surrodning area, nothing like the catchment area of Plymouth sides or St.Austell sides???

DanBlazey, I think ul find that the number of spectators given for the Holsworhty/Liskeard game was just about correct as i was present at the match myself. However numbers are known to be lower than this over the vast majority of the season but hey look at the size of holsworthy and the surrodning area, nothing like the catchment area of Plymouth sides or St.Austell sides???

What do you think accounted for the increased attendance?

Could be 500 at parkway v Buckland tomorrow Friday. Of all the clubs wishing to move up the pyramid Plymouth Parkway are the more likely to do it because of their gates. Don't forget nothing is on in Plymouth on a Friday night so if Parkway continue to do well then people will go along to watch. Plymouth population is in excess of 250,000.

Cant wait for the planning permision to build the new club hosue, changing rooms etc is passed so they can get on with building.

Less than 200.