Cornwall Football Forum

Tottenham Hotspur

Mangle

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Haven't watched it yet, I did say just above halfway this season, so, may be - may be not.

I'll watch the highlights first......then let ya know buddy.

Now I've watched the highlights.

Very good game played at huge pace, Spurs shaded the game all round and could have possibly won it - but didn't.

One of those things, if we play like that every game at Wembley I'll change my prediction of just above halfway to top 6.

But the league table still looks good to me.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/25/2017 at 19:25, Mangle said:

Careful, I'm in Somerset at the moment, having a few days off. Going home tomorrow, I might set it on fire before I leave if you upset me.,,

Moved from Somerset.Dont live there anymore.

Over the moon with our transfer buisness. [ Unlike others ].

Just the two out, Walker and Wimmer.

Replaced with Aurier,a good if not better than Walker,at half the price.Then two promising youngsters ,Sanchez and Foyth to replace Wimmer.

Add to that a back up keeper,and Llorente,who is a great experienced striker,who has been there and done it.Great back up for Kane.

Now may be the moaners can stop going on about strikers.

We now have three.

Add the Champions League draw to the transfer window,and its happy day's.

COYS. 

Bloody Emmett.  Aurier good signing , is he allowed in to Britain ? Thought there was a problem when he tried to enter before ?   Agree about Sanchez what a **** up , a player who doesn't want to be there and in January can negotiate a free transfer , so no money for him Ozil the same what a lash up ,Ivan and Arsene have really messed this up , the club has been left looking stupid and other fans are laughing at it , the Gooners are also trying to get our head around what the f... Is going on  , for a so called top  club are left embarrassed and no players wanting to join , not a great time to be fan  , we can only hope it will improve .

2 hours ago, stevieb said:

Bloody Emmett.  Aurier good signing , is he allowed in to Britain ? Thought there was a problem when he tried to enter before ?   Agree about Sanchez what a **** up , a player who doesn't want to be there and in January can negotiate a free transfer , so no money for him Ozil the same what a lash up ,Ivan and Arsene have really messed this up , the club has been left looking stupid and other fans are laughing at it , the Gooners are also trying to get our head around what the f... Is going on  , for a so called top  club are left embarrassed and no players wanting to join , not a great time to be fan  , we can only hope it will improve .

Cornishman,born and bred.:c::smiley20::c:

5 hours ago, stevieb said:

You listen to too much hype in the media. Arsenal will be fine.

Spurs did good business. Never rated Walker much, so to get £50M for him, wow. Llorente is a player I admire. Good old-fashioned No. 9 I reckon. Not sure about the others, never heard of them. Maybe they can go on to get a "home" win at some time soon  lol 

Mangle I don't listen to the media  as much as you think , and I have my own opinions on the club , I don't see it through rose tinted , perfume smelling glasses , something is wrong  inside the club , Arsene alluded to this during the interview after the game on Sunday ,  Wrighty who  still refers to him as the Boss  thinks he should now step down ,   with him getting a new contract  he must have known that the pressure would be on if results went against the team . Facts we have conceded eight goals in three games  ,two losses with the loss at Anfield  which was probably one of the worse team performance for a few seasons  if it wasn't for the keeper it could have been even more . No shots on target for the whole game , I am sorry but you can't dress it up  to make it  any better .  The club will be there after Arsene , silent Stan and Ivan the terrible are long gone and after I leave this mortal coil, but the team are not playing well , the build up is to slow ,they don't move the ball quick enough from defence to the forwards , they no longer counter attack at pace . I hope after the international break  that they can  sort it out and hit the ground running , But there needs a big improvement on and off the pitch  to take the club forward , because at the moment it is treading water .  Don't like it we should be talking and praising the style of football  they play .

Big match revisited Something i didn't think i would see two of footballs hard men from the past Glen Hoddle trying to tackle Trevor Brooking on a muddy White Hart lane  the only two players with hard!y any mud on them , also Ralph Coates comb over , Lampard yellow card for a bodycheck put his hands up apologize to the ref and walked away 

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Spurs (4-2-3-1): Vorm, Trippier, Foyth, Vertonghen (c), Walker-Peters, Dembele (Dier 79), Winks, Sissoko, Dele (Oakley-Boothe 90+1), Son, Llorente (Nkoudou 67).

Substitutes (not used): Gazzaniga, Alderweireld, Eriksen, Kane.

Still a useful looking side!

Very surprised by the strength of that side.

A 1-0 win and into the next round.

COYS.

20 hours ago, somersetspur said:

WHAT A RESULT,AND WHAT A START TO OUR CHAMPIONS LEAGUE CAMPAIGN.

BRING ON REAL MADRID DOUBLE HEADER.

Be a good test , spurs on a roll , Kane hatrick , he certainly knows where the net is , but I wish when he is interviewed he wouldn't end the sentence with aaaaa,  listen to his next interview and count them , really annoying ,  still good goal to games ratio ,. The big test will come when one of the bigger clubs come sniffing around , dangling. A big wedge in front of him ?

4 hours ago, stevieb said:

Be a good test , spurs on a roll , Kane hatrick , he certainly knows where the net is , but I wish when he is interviewed he wouldn't end the sentence with aaaaa,  listen to his next interview and count them , really annoying ,  still good goal to games ratio ,. The big test will come when one of the bigger clubs come sniffing around , dangling. A big wedge in front of him ?

He won't leave for a few years yet.

7 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

He won't leave for a few years yet.

Older it's about Money ,  ambition to a certain extent , you can't even argue about short careers any more as players bar injury play well into their thirties , Spurs are up there with the top prem league sides on the pitch , but you can't compare with the wages ,terms the likes of utd , city and Chelski can pay your club is now in the Twilight zone the top four are becoming a three at the moment and then comes spurs , Liverpool , Arsenal in that order , can the three be toppled ?  

8 hours ago, stevieb said:

Older it's about Money ,  ambition to a certain extent , you can't even argue about short careers any more as players bar injury play well into their thirties , Spurs are up there with the top prem league sides on the pitch , but you can't compare with the wages ,terms the likes of utd , city and Chelski can pay your club is now in the Twilight zone the top four are becoming a three at the moment and then comes spurs , Liverpool , Arsenal in that order , can the three be toppled ?  

Levy has promised,that when we move into the new Stadium,the increased revenue will be used to improve contracts,to keep our top players.

Now weather he adhere's to that,only time will tell.

If he dont,then Spurs are going to be a very rich Club.

Kane,Alli,Eriksen,Dier, Son,Alderwierald,Vertonghen,would bring in ridiculous sums of money.

4 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Levy has promised,that when we move into the new Stadium,the increased revenue will be used to improve contracts,to keep our top players.

Now weather he adhere's to that,only time will tell.

If he dont,then Spurs are going to be a very rich Club.

Kane,Alli,Eriksen,Dier, Son,Alderwierald,Vertonghen,would bring in ridiculous sums of money.

I can see Da ja vue again , Arsenal business model , perhaps Levy has been talking to silent Satan on how to flatter to deceive the fans , smoke and mirrors SSS  , broken promises ahead , . 

On ‎28‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 06:54, stevieb said:

Nope - he won't leave for a few years yet, I sense a bit of loyalty from the fella.

A bit like Vardy turning Assenhole down.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Looking at the stats ......deffo smash and grab job ....but I'll take it - lol

Stats !!!!  Don't talk about stats goals win games shame on you older perhaps you are not as old as you feel ? Carry on like this and you might have to change your name . Bloody stats .

22 hours ago, stevieb said:

Stats !!!!  Don't talk about stats goals win games shame on you older perhaps you are not as old as you feel ? Carry on like this and you might have to change your name . Bloody stats .

Ha, ha ...I'm 65 and feel 65 that's the trouble these days.

Goals win games....but stats tell the story.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Hats off to Spurs very impressive win , could have been more ,Madrid underestimated there opponents ,.  And through to the KO stage , well done from me grrrr . Copy and paste spurs fans .

Thanks for that, don't know the result, was going to watch it later you numpty .........3-1 eat your heart out gooners.:drink:

42 minutes ago, stevieb said:

But not one English manager between them .

Trust you to throw in a negative.

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR  3  REAL MADRID  1.

Qualified ,out of a group,we had no chance in,and still two games to go.

Better than getting dicked by the big teams,like some teams,who USED to be in this competition.

We have a great chance.Got to be in it to win it.