Cornwall Football Forum

will arsene spend [the so called transfer pot]

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two defeats in a week , today Arsenal were shown up  as has been in the title race , Chelski spot on with their tactics and were the better side , Arsenal flatter to deceive  ,  the team are not serious challengers for the title and haven't been for many years , pains me to say this but perhaps Arsene and a few players are coming to the end ,  can't see Sanchez and Ozil wanting to stay , whoever or whenever someone takes the team over there are problems to be sorted ,   the board needs to be forward thinking Arsene is now into his retirement phase perhaps the time has come to step aside for a younger , hungrier manager  ,  who can shake up the club from  being the bridesmaids and recently never the bride ,  I can see the club going back to the club of the70s, with the occasional cup run and try to hang on to the best players . Disappointing week to be a Gooner  but we have been here before . 

3 hours ago, Keith B said:

Played off the park yesterday stevie. Arsenal seemed to be bystanders at times. That said, take nothing away from Chelsea they were superb - fast, slick passing and pin point accuracy most of the game. Eden Hazard brilliant - and what a goal ! The league title is Chelsea's to lose.

Keith you are right Arsenal were second best yesterday can't dispute beat by the better team , Conte has done a masterclass on Chelski  after Arsenal beat them 3-0 at the Emirates , he took stock and have turned them in to a efficient football team , hard to break down , and fast counter attack  ,if they go on and win the league it is down to his management skills , last season Pedro hardly got a kick . I just wish Arsene would learn from the defeats and change  things on the pitch be it tactics or playing staff ,  but this is what being an Arsenal fan is all about  we should learn by now we should not expect  the league for a while yet .

45 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

AND THE SPURS GO MARCHING ON.

Can't disagree there SSS. Your team seems to get a result and keep the pressure on good run at the moment but don't crow to soon ,  as older says the table doesn't lie and at present Arsenal are where they should be .:(

Arsenal played off the park. You lot crack me up. Poor finishing for Arsenal let them down. Chelsea scored the first by knocking the defender unconscious. Normally you see a free kick given. Second goal, pure genius that is Hazard - probably the best footballer in the PL. Third goal, a pure gift - these mistakes happen. The difference between the teams was not big. Anyone could see that. The pundits tell you otherwise, but make your own minds up. Arsenal had a lot of decent possession, but did not make the most of it.

I love the fact that its Arsenal that have blown the chance of winning the league. They sit 4th, 3 points behind 2nd placed Spurs, Clearly everyone else have also blown their chances too. But no one seems to care about that. Arsenal have consistently been one of the teams challenging for the league title for 20 years or more. No other teams can seriously say that. I see no difference this year.

Up The Gunners.

Mangle yes first goal could have been ruled out , spoke to a ref Sat his opinion was ball played first ?   Watched up until about 70 mins live ( off to real football)   what I saw was that Chelsea looked dangerous on the attack and seemed quicker in the challenge , up to that point Sanchez our best player didn't get a ball! To feet  anywhere near their box , Conte got the tactics spot on , Le Coq  was eased off the ball by Hazard very easy for a so called defensive midfielder ,.  Third goal yes mistake  . There is something wrong with the way Arsenal  play , when they play the quick passing game they look dangerous , but to many times the ball is slowed  up and passed either sideways or backwards giving opponents a chance to get back , Twelve points behind is a big ask to make up my head says no way of getting that back. Pundits I don't always listen to what they say , but how can Arsenal keep hold of Sanchez and Ozil  with results like losing at home To Watford , you can't put a spin on either result , Chelsea are top for a reason  Conte has done a good job so far , the club needs an Arsene masterclass  to overtake them  but two losses in a week is not championship form .

10 hours ago, Mangle said:

Arsenal played off the park. You lot crack me up. Poor finishing for Arsenal let them down. Chelsea scored the first by knocking the defender unconscious. Normally you see a free kick given. Second goal, pure genius that is Hazard - probably the best footballer in the PL. Third goal, a pure gift - these mistakes happen. The difference between the teams was not big. Anyone could see that. The pundits tell you otherwise, but make your own minds up. Arsenal had a lot of decent possession, but did not make the most of it.

I love the fact that its Arsenal that have blown the chance of winning the league. They sit 4th, 3 points behind 2nd placed Spurs, Clearly everyone else have also blown their chances too. But no one seems to care about that. Arsenal have consistently been one of the teams challenging for the league title for 20 years or more. No other teams can seriously say that. I see no difference this year.

Up The Gunners.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Stewards had to intervene at Stamford Bridge on Saturday to break up several fights in the Arsenal end.

NO CHELSEA FANS WERE INVOLVED.

Fighting your own supporters.

Classless bunch of . 

The Goons will not win the Premiership.

They win their group in the Champions League,and get a easy draw.So thats the end of that competition.

Only got the F.A Cup to go for with their usual easy draws.

If the big Clubs decide to take this competition seriously,thats the end of that as well.

Another successful season if they manage to finish top 4.

SSS at this moment in time I would take 3rd and the FA Cup  , I still think the FA Cup is a great trophy even though you think it is beneath your clubs ambition to win it ,  Easy draw ???? That goes for all teams that is why it is a cup competition the oldest and most famous in football , gives chance for giant killing  and headlines for lower leagues clubs which is great and can make money to help them survive , can't see a problem with that , now if spuds win the cup bet like all cock.... You will be crowing from the roof tops,    For the first time in 56 years you are in with a chance to win the league , first chance to be top dogs in North London for 22 years , first chance of a trophy for 9 years  your long wait could be over  , pressure on my old mate  , and we know how your lot deal with pressure ?   If your mob wins the title you will deserve it  on merit ,But there still plenty of games to go many results to surprise us all  , all to play for yet  nothing won in February  let's all wait for May , the vultures are circling over the Emirates but Arsenal aren't dead quite yet .

11 hours ago, Mangle said:

Go easy on us SSS. Phew, that was excruciating. At least we are still in the CL. Your chumps couldn't get out the group with such European heavyweights as CSK Moscow, Bayer Leverkusen and Monaco. Lets see how you get on against that next hurdle, Gent.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Woke up this morning,and I still cant stop laughing.

Please dont sack Wenger.

Really feels like Wenger is going to go this time, the atmosphere is different. I just want the team to at least play for him for the rest of the season, last night was embarrassing. I thought up until Koscielny went off the team were playing really well and holding their own. I know he's the skipper and one of the best defenders in the league, maybe even the world, but that's no excuse, the defending from when he went off was nothing short of shoddy. It could've been double figures if it wasn't for a magnificent display by Ospina.

Woke up this morning and it wasn't a bad dream , Arsene interview after this heavy defeat was sad , he looked a tired old man and seemed to have had the fight knocked out of him ,  he looks all of his 67 years  , I am afraid father time has caught up with him , he changed Arsenal as a club from top to bottom from the new training ground , nutrition , pushing for the stadium working within a tight budget  , in the early years winning trophies but in twenty years other clubs caught up and passed the club by , it pains supporters to see a man who has given so much to one club ,  losing the players  ex players who have supported him saying the end is nigh ,. In hindsight perhaps he should have stood down after the last FA cup . Alexis will be on the way  in the summer and any real fan won't begrudge him a move to a club that can win titles/ trophies , an end of an era , I can see a few hard seasons ahead  , but us gooners have been here before  .  True supporters stick with their clubs through thick and thin ,. Don't care what other clubs fans think  gloat as much as you want  .

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/02/2017 at 09:29, somersetspur said:

Just for the record, could all you Goons answer me a question.

WHO WAS THE LAST NORTH LONDON CLUB TO REACH THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER FINAL'S ??????????????

Who were the last North London club to get knocked out of Europe twice in one season ?  , answers on a post card to White Fart Lane  ,co perpetual yesterday's men  , or alternatively Pocahontas  , Real Madrid after May .

Cider Spud , you can't be true , when your beloved club gets beat you disappear from these pages for ages only to pop up when Arsenal have a run of bad results , you rehash your usual hate for Arsenal  , Spuds on a good run at present but  we all know how history turns out for your team .  Your thoughts and gloating  on Arsenal  problems are nothing new  , Jamie  Redknap on Sky has just said that for the first time in years  spuds may be able to stop worrying about Arsenal and what they are doing  ,  perhaps that says more about your club  than Arsenal . Your last trophy was nine years ago the league in 1961 bloody hell I wasn't even born then .  Trophies won  your club doesn't compare . Arsenal has consistently been in the top four  has spuds ? But as a fan I want trophies  top four  a minimum ,. Personally I think 3rd and 4th shouldn't be in the Champs league but it is a money spinner for ueafa and the big clubs around Europe the TV rights are massive it won't change , Arsenal are rocking at present  but we aren't finished yet , perhaps if your club don't win anything this season perhaps Europes elite clubs might start picking at your squad and staff , oh and don't forget you have to pay for your new stadium .  

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:P

Taking the Michael cider drinker , still have sense of humour , ithink you're has gone south ?

On 16/02/2017 at 09:29, somersetspur said:

Just for the record, could all you Goons answer me a question.

WHO WAS THE LAST NORTH LONDON CLUB TO REACH THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER FINAL'S ??????????????

Ambitious club.  Priceless SSS  your true claim to fame , 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2017 at 14:27, stevieb said:

The main title should now be Will  Arsene be there to spend the transfer money ?????

The main title should now be Will  Arsene be there to spend the transfer money ?????

Well I can tell you Wenger has already signed a new 2 year contract.

The Club are now trying to decide when will be the best time for the announcement.

GREAT NEWS.

THE FUTURE IS LILYWHITE.

• 2 weeks later...

Poor old Spuds. Haven't been on here for months and they're still in the same old argument with their neighbours about which of them might pip ManUre for fifth place. Minor clubs. Next year's European Champions League winners ten points clear, or is it twelve. Dunno, it's like taking candy from a corpse. I understand we might be playing them in one of those cheap little FA competitions we win every three or four years. At Wembley, apparently. Last time this happened it ended 5 1. After the embarrassment of Spuds performances there in front of about 80,000 poor saps, I wouldn't expect many of them to turn up. . too demoralising.Not sure why we are bothering either.Make more money selling replica kits in China .

On 3/31/2017 at 22:42, isaac rosenberg said:

Poor old Spuds. Haven't been on here for months and they're still in the same old argument with their neighbours about which of them might pip ManUre for fifth place. Minor clubs. Next year's European Champions League winners ten points clear, or is it twelve. Dunno, it's like taking candy from a corpse. I understand we might be playing them in one of those cheap little FA competitions we win every three or four years. At Wembley, apparently. Last time this happened it ended 5 1. After the embarrassment of Spuds performances there in front of about 80,000 poor saps, I wouldn't expect many of them to turn up. . too demoralising.Not sure why we are bothering either.Make more money selling replica kits in China .

WE ARE COMING FOR YOU.

WE ARE COMING FOR YOU.

CHELSEA RENT BOYS.

WE ARE COMING FOR YOU.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

COYS

lj6JN9SxPRJ95yiCEKZf1xlwvjmTi8tNLwh3J3-R

Change the record older , at least you won't have to wait for next season as your usual end of season quote ,  season not over for you yet but both North London's clubs could end up pot  less ( trophies not money ) .

41 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Change the record older , at least you won't have to wait for next season as your usual end of season quote ,  season not over for you yet but both North London's clubs could end up pot  less ( trophies not money ) .

That may be true, but if we end up above you lot, and you are outside the top 4 ..... happy days here:yahoo: