Cornwall Football Forum

Chelsea v Barcelona

Brace yourselves boys and girls, there's gonna be some serious ref-bashing from our Bluenose friends. Even I'll admit the Pique handball was a pen, all day long.

That said, JT & his boys could've lost with a little more grace, but I appreciate emotions are as high as they possibly could be! If it was Spurs, I would've lynched the ref!!!

Brace yourselves boys and girls, there's gonna be some serious ref-bashing from our Bluenose friends. Even I'll admit the Pique handball was a pen, all day long.

That said, JT & his boys could've lost with a little more grace, but I appreciate emotions are as high as they possibly could be! If it was Spurs, I would've lynched the ref!!!

Ballack Was goin nuts

yeah on a serious note, never understood when clubs always said they were happy when their home leg was the 2nd leg as tonight's game just sums up what can happen, chelsea were'nt really troubled but one shot in the 92nd minute did them.

And for that Barcelona we salute you :c::c::clapper::clapper::thumbsup::thumbsup::yahoo::yahoo:

Ballack Was goin nuts

if ballack was going nuts what was drogba doing :D:D its a effin disgrace big trouble coming his and chelseas way

Well i wished Chelsea did win really but so many Chelsea fans give me sh.t and say that Man U are scum !!and the ref was a shocker like last night but he sent off Fletcher which was wrong in my eyes!! As a fair person that i really am, comments like that will bite you in the butt big time! :c: And Chelsea should have had at least 1 penalty!! So now cheer on Man u in the final and not slag them!! As we may have 3 or 4 home grown ( would have been 5 ) players in the team!!

Nice to see the Chelscum players so gracious in defeat as usual, I hope that uefa come down hard on them big time :SM_carton:

As players we get it in the neck for swearing and there is Drogba doing it on live TV at the camera, John terry was just as bad what a loser that chap really is and all because he wanted to pick up another runners up medal in the final :D

At least the final itself will be a good game now :yahoo:

Up your arse and up your arse

Stick the blue flag up your arse

From Stamford Bridge to Upton Park

We'll stick the blue flag up your arse

I MUST ADMIT CHELSEA WAS ROBBED BY A TERRIBLE REF BUT BLAME DROGBA IF HE DIDNT DIVE SO MUCH IN GAMES HE MAY OF GOT 1 OF THE PENS AND HE SHOULD OF SCORED WHEN ONLY KEPER TO BEAT ,IT WILL BE A BETTER FINAL THOUGH 2 TEAMS WHO LIKE TO PLAY FOOTBALL HOW IT SHOULD BE PLAYED AT LEAST CHELSEA HAVE THE CUP FINAL TO LOOK FORWARD TO THAT SHOULD BE BORING AS HELL .

I was proud of Drogba: with a reaction like that, you can see he has the heart of a Tinner. If only Chelsea were Man Ure, they would have been awarded five penalties. The last Scandinavian to treat Chelsea like that, Anders Frisk, needed a new identity, address and maxillofacial disguise surgery. OK, psychologist Tom Henning Oviebo, I have had plenty of dealings with your professional colleagues.

I am inclined to pay for the Tinners to take a pre-season tour of Norway now.

But in the interests of sportsmanship, I wish Barcelona all the best in the final and will support them passionately. Sorry, Kempy, but we have closer ties with any Basques who happen to be with Barca than with Scholes,Neville,Foster or Rooney, none of whom, as far as I know, emante either from the People's Republic of St Just or even the bordering nation of Cornwall. See you Saturday....the way it's looking, I'm probably in centre-mid.

:c: :D

The Chelsea players should take a leaf out of Darren Fletcher's book. Not only did he just "get on with it" after being nailed by a couple of foul Arsenal challenges, his reaction to his own sending off was quite unbelievable. No shouting at the ref, swearing etc etc. I have the utmost admiration for him, and other players like him.

Unfortunately, there aren't many around. Drogba deserves nothing more than to be dumped out like that. How long did he roll around pretending to be hurt? Too long. Disgraceful.

The Chelsea players should take a leaf out of Darren Fletcher's book. Not only did he just "get on with it" after being nailed by a couple of foul Arsenal challenges, his reaction to his own sending off was quite unbelievable. No shouting at the ref, swearing etc etc. I have the utmost admiration for him, and other players like him.

Unfortunately, there aren't many around. Drogba deserves nothing more than to be dumped out like that. How long did he roll around pretending to be hurt? Too long. Disgraceful.

to be fair fletcher didnt even think himself he got the ball so he had no reason tp complain

I didn't watch the match, unfortunately I had a much more important appointment to keep, hoovering the stairs or something. However, all this "missed 5 blatant penalties" rubbish (I have watched countless replays). I think a lot of people are listening to the "pundits" views and taking them as gospel. Even they can get things wrong you know. Malouda, that was not a penalty in a million years. And Drogba, built like a brick shithouse, falls over again as the ball gets away from his foot and the goalkeeper is clearly going to get to the ball before him. NO PENALTY. Okay, okay, the second to last (and last) penalty shout, for handball. The laws of the game state: -

A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following three offences:

• holds an opponent

• spits at an opponent

• handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area).

Key word, deliberately. Never enough emphasis on this part of handball in my opinion. Whilst runnning and turning etc etc as football players do, the arms (hands) are used as balancing poles, to stop you falling over (perhaps Drogba hasn't figured out how to use his properly yet). Did either player deliberately try to handle the ball? In my opinion (am I allowed to have one).....NO.

I would have given that 3rd penalty claim where he clearly handled. The rest I wouldn't. Drogba falls over so easily referees are never convinced by his theatricals. Hope he gets a nice, long ban. His behaviour was well out of order. So was Ballack for that matter. Sore losers against a far superior side.

I have never been a person who goes for the conspitacy theory but the referee certainly made me question that view. Forget all the other penalty appeals, how can the man not see that the player raised his arms to ensure that some part of his body would stop the ball. And where was the referee - not more than five yards away and looking at the incident. There is not a referee on the planet who would not have given a penalty unless !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And for all you so called fans who decried the chelsea players reactions especially Ballack. It would take a brave man to say, fair cop ref you got it wrong but hey thats football. This was a player who in an instant saw his dreams of a football final disappear due to a peice of sheer incompetence or SOMETHING ELSE !!!!!!!!!!

I think its a shame Chelsea went out, another all English, Champions League final would have been great, especially after the drama and quality of football of Moscow!

Its just a shame we cant have more English refs working on the continent as it seems their foreign counterparts are poor in comparison.

:c:

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Come on lads, if you had played and had been denied the chance of the biggest match of your life, would you really have reacted any differently ? Ref was wrong 3 or 4 times during the match but I don't go with conspiracy theory or he wouldn't have sent the Barca lad off when he did.

Having said that, I do believe that UEFA would rather Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea didn't meet in any final as it clearly shows the Prem League to be the dominant one in Europe... as that just goes against the Euro ethos of inclusion for all. Outside of England, Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland and France, there is no real competition but UEFA have a policy of allowing lesser National Leagues to have a go in the Worlds top club competition.

The Cup Winners Cup was fun as it gave an edge to the FA Cup Final which some clubs have taken away due to UEFA policies of Champ League is the be all and end all of football. The Europa/UEFA Cup has become a joke with the best behaved sides getting a place and what is/was the Inter TOTO all about. It seems they want to add to all clubs in Europe with already busy seasons, to be involved, thus taking away the prestige of each countries FA.

Gutted Chelsea are out at the Semi stage (again) but you already know that at least one of the English big 3 will be in next years final, sorry Arsenal you just don't count yet.

Anyone remember the clear pen Barca should have had in the 1st leg!!? Anyone remember the clear cut chances Didier Divemore missed over both legs!!? Some harsh reffing but hey thats football, look closer to home as to why Chelsea are out. Did Chelsea complain that Ballack wasnt sent off in the 1st leg!?

On another note, why wasnt Iniesta booked for celebrations? Would have been a 2nd booking for him!

Roman will have to spend big this summer to build the squad, Ballack, Divemore and Terry(England skipper leading by example yet again) all facing BIIIIIIG bans in Europe!

Chelsea FC = BOTTLERS

Chelsea FC = UNGRACIOUS IN DEFEAT

Chelsea FC = DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR

Chelsea FC = TOO MUCH MOUTH FROM SUPPORTERS BEFORE A GAME

Chelsea FC = STUPID ENOUGH TO THINK THAT 1 GOAL WAS GOING TO BE ENOUGH AGAINST A TEAM THAT HAS SCORED WELL IN EXCESS OF 100 GOALS THIS SEASON

Chelsea FC = ALOT OF SUPPORTERS WITH EGG ON THEIR FACE

Chelsea FC = HAPPY SUPPORTERS FROM EVERY OTHER CLUB IN LONDON, NEW YORK, PARIS AND PECKHAM..

As cockerkneeboy said so elequently, Get in there :thumbsup::yahoo::clapper: :D

Guest Sport Lover

Just seen the behaviour of some of the Chelsea players - total disgrace.

Ballack sprinting and shouting at the ref when he had turned down a penalty. The ref should of stood his ground and showed him a red card. The ref would of earned a bit more respcect if he had.

When is football going to get its house in order and either introduce sin bins, and/or video refs?

Give the manager 2 appeals to go to the 4th official. One for each half.

Im afraid that there are a lot of football morons out there that will now put the refs life in danger and like Anders Frisk may not ref ever again.

Did anyone else see the similarity between Michael Ballack/the ref and Martin Keown/Van Nistelrooy penalty incident?!

Two great goals, not a great game, however, I'd agree with the post that states it was the right result for football. Harsh in a way but we are told that these things have a way of evening themselves out. Just have to decide whether this is karma for Chelsea or if they are now set for a bit of good fortune?

Sky - what the hell was that all about? Talk about stoking things up even more! (Not quite up to ITV standards!) Thank god for Richard Keys and his calm, hairy handed approach!

Is the reason why Drogba can't stand up for too long or fails to score any goals?

Perhaps, instead of flip flops he should try football boots with those studdy things underneath to help give him some grip?

Didier-Drogba-Tom-Henning-Ovrebo-Chelsea

Guest Postie Pidge

I heard there were 40,000 new cases of Swine Flu in the London area over the last 24 hours - all Chelsea fans, pig sick about the Barcelona game

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

It was a shame the poor b******* the estate agent sent to view my house ther morning after the game were..............Norweigan.... :D

Perhaps thay had some massive €uro grant stashed away in their back pocket, where the red/yellow cards are normally kept !

Oh dear stig you are at it again. Are you telling us all that because a player is prone to fits of simulation that everytime he goes to ground he is diving. Surely every referee must make a decision on what he sees not on what he thinks the player is doing. The other classic was Fletcher. There is to much of this by referees copping out on what sometimes are simple decisions. Drogba was clearly fouled but the referee did not give the penalty, why? was he saying 'oh he must have dived so I'm not giving that' If that is so the the governing bodies must ensure that referees are properly trained to 'SPOT THE DIFFERENCE'.

I watched a great game on Thuesday between Saltash United and Plymouth Parkway reserve teams in the ECPL supplemntary Cup Final. What a cracking performance by referee Jeff Rutherford. No fuss, no bother, dealt with the odd histrionics with calm assurance and turned down what Salatsh were convinced was a penalty when in fact it was great tackle. Why because it happened right in front of me. The referees perfomance took me back to the days when I played . Great refereeing. Another referee would have filled his book with names and brandished the odd red card. I bet if an assessor was watching he would have been marked down because he had ample opportunity to caution players but surprise, surprise used common sense.

No stig, referees must give what they see, not what they think they see. It does not matter at what level.

Oh dear stig you are at it again. Are you telling us all that because a player is prone to fits of simulation that everytime he goes to ground he is diving. Surely every referee must make a decision on what he sees not on what he thinks the player is doing. The other classic was Fletcher. There is to much of this by referees copping out on what sometimes are simple decisions. Drogba was clearly fouled but the referee did not give the penalty, why? was he saying 'oh he must have dived so I'm not giving that' If that is so the the governing bodies must ensure that referees are properly trained to 'SPOT THE DIFFERENCE'.

I watched a great game on Thuesday between Saltash United and Plymouth Parkway reserve teams in the ECPL supplemntary Cup Final. What a cracking performance by referee Jeff Rutherford. No fuss, no bother, dealt with the odd histrionics with calm assurance and turned down what Salatsh were convinced was a penalty when in fact it was great tackle. Why because it happened right in front of me. The referees perfomance took me back to the days when I played . Great refereeing. Another referee would have filled his book with names and brandished the odd red card. I bet if an assessor was watching he would have been marked down because he had ample opportunity to caution players but surprise, surprise used common sense.

No stig, referees must give what they see, not what they think they see. It does not matter at what level.

Amen to that. :clapper: :c: