Cornwall Football Forum

Cally v St Austell Match ABANDONED!!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite true sedge, the game at goonhavern was abandoned at half time against St Austell when they were leading 2-1 and they were awarded the game. Same senario, Chris Stevens the Ref had an absolute mare and even though he booked 5 goonhavern players for complaining about his display and their safety he felt that because someone swore at him as he was leaving the field that he couldn't go on with the second period.

In his report he stated that BOTH sides were to blame for the constant whining that he was getting during the first half and that he had had enough during the first 20 minutes and started booking players.

A big thing was made of it and Goonhavern were hung out to dry by the CSWL and the CCFA and were fined very heavily whilst St Austell got off scott free because they had no one booked and by all accounts weren't even there. and no questions were asked of Mr Stevens...........

So a precedent has been set by the SWPL & CCFA and must be followed through if cornish football is going to try and get back some respect lost after the mess it's made with the Ben Andros affair....

Come on Mr Beard try and get your club out of this one...........

It doesn't matter if the ref is having a poor game you have to learn to live with it god knows we give enough money to the county already without extra bookings and sendings off to swell the coffers........................

Guest Cornishdave1980

I wonder if the outcome of the Newquay v Penzance game will sway the SWPL/CCFA decision making when it comes to dealing with this unsavoury incident!!!!

How can you say i'm making myself look stupid? I think everyone else is making themselves look stupid trying to say what happened even though they weren't there!? I have been completely honest with the above report i made and I am sure any Callington player would agree.

In the end, the final decision is down to the SWPL and the CCFA as to what action will be taken. I'm sure St Austell will accept whatever decision is made.

Everyone has the right to express an opinion on this forum, but I just feel that inflammatory comments such as those made by baldy and pastyman only serve to make the situation worse.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

I wonder if the outcome of the Newquay v Penzance game will sway the SWPL/CCFA decision making when it comes to dealing with this unsavoury incident!!!!

Prize money at stake...

Division 1 West Champions 1,000

Runners - Up 750

3rd Placed 500

4th Placed 250

May not mean a lot to some clubs but vital to others.

Thought I'd throw this in as well... from the SWPL website.

FAIR PLAY AWARDS

The Fair Play Awards are judged over the course of the league season using a system of collating the disciplinary points of clubs in matches under the leagues control, in particular the number of Red & Yellow Cards. In addition the overall winner will receive the Sporting Trophy.

Premier Division Winners 200

Runners - Up 100

Division 1 East Winners 200

Runners - Up 100

Division 1 West Winners 200

Runners - Up 100

DIVISION ONE WEST (As at 1st April 2009)

Hayle - 1 Red & 20 Yellows - 23pts

Newquay - 1 Red & 20 Yellows - 23pts

Porthleven - 2 Reds & 18 Yellows - 24pts

Plymstock United - 1 Red & 22 Yellows - 25pts

Vospers Oak Villa - 2 Reds & 19 Yellows - 25pts

Camelford - 2 Reds & 20 Yellows - 26pts

Penzance - 0 Reds & 26 Yellows - 26pts

Godolphin Atlantic - 2 Reds & 21 Yellows - 27pts

Mousehole - 2 Reds & 21 Yellows - 27pts

Callington Town - 3 Reds & 19 Yellows - 28pts

St Austell - 2 Reds & 23 Yellows - 29pts

Truro City Reserves - 3 Reds & 28 Yellows - 37pts

Wendron United - 5 Reds & 25 Yellows - 40pts

Penryn Athletic - 4 Reds & 31 Yellows - 43pts

Millbrook - 6 Reds & 31 Yellows - 49pts

Dobwalls - 0 Reds & 52 Yellows - 52pts

Foxhole Stars - 9 Reds & 39 Yellows - 66pts

I feel sorry for Peter Beard and the long suffering few who struggled against the odds for so long to bring some credibility back to Town only to see it being destroyed by this and recent antics.

I applaud the Team's achievements on the field and feel that their cause would be best served now by a complete silence from those concerned in this unfortunate match. Noone in their right mind can condone lack of discipline and control and what is tantamount to bringing the game in disrepute.

Guest Peppermint

Thats a pity Nanks - you certainly played against Newquay three times and you were a bloody nusiance [in the nicest sense that is and were the main reason that St Austell won on each occasion. Hope you are soon fit again.

Guest leemccheese

ha finaly on here oh its whetts bye the way all i can say about last night is SENIOR CUP YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Guest leemccheese

last night i spoke to the ref before the game and he said like myself , shit weather can beleive im missin arsenal man u 4 this, he said he had it on sky plus recording, then i had to toss a coin in the changein room to sort out what end we was kickin,and there linesman ran there defence first half and our defence second half, with an offical doing the other sides, witch is wrong,as 4 the game it was a scpappy game and little chances through the weather ,did nt think it was a sendin off as there were 4 players all in the 6 yard box but decision r decisions, i was nt happy and left the pitch,where i sat in the dug out,then the linesman kicked off because i was sat there so i sat about 50 yards away with a jacket on and he still came over and made things worse, as i was nearly in th changein room,i heard the whistle 4 full time ,i even said look ref just carry on the game and so did all of both teams, but he locked his self in the changeing rooms,both teams wanted to play and he spat his dummy out games like that u need a ref who can handle the presure and not just worry about the MANU ARSENAL SCORE i know they get a lot of stick but a lot of them bring it on there selfs BRING BACK LARRY MARSH

Guest fromacrossthewater

Leemccheese, you are making it out as if you were the innocent party here and the referee was doing the wrong thing. He asked you to leave and you did not, end of story!!!! You and the failure of the bench to sort you out made things worse.

Please don't forget, the top 2 clubs in SWPL 1W face each other tomorrow night... sorry to go off topic but it has just turned into a slanging match and until the ref puts his report in and the SWPL/CCFA get round to sorting themselves out, no-one will know the outcome.

Guest fromacrossthewater

as your name suggests... why dont you stay across the water and stay out of it...

Well done leaner.... If you must know i'm from the cornwall side of the water. like i said before maybe the ref was having a mare (they do that sometimes!!!) doesn't excuse any arguements or childish behaviour.

Guest leemccheese

be nice to see the report and see what he has to say , not sayin it was his fault, but when tempers r flaired refs need to be calm before stiring up a hornets nest , as soon as he done that he bottled,i think now he has had time to look back he will think he should of carryed the game on, oh good luck to the newquay boys morrow night jake,sam,and co just a shame u have nt got the judge his own car parkin space yet after all he has done 4 the club , judge if u came to support us u could have mine hahahahahahahaha

Disgraceful performance, this sort of thing should never be allowed to happen, Towna dn their players should be ashamed of what happened last night.

BUT..........

In most cases where dissent etc is involved the is normally an egocentric referee who watches too much TV and wants to make a name for himself. We have all been there, we have all been on the right/wrong side of these jumped up officials who want the game to revolve around them and NOT the 22 players. As I said previously, the reaction of the town players/officials is unacceptable and I'm sure that they will be dealt with by the FA, but having spoken to several spectators at last nights game the referee made the problem for himself with an inept performance. As a wise man once said to me (at this years Senior Cup final) "you can preach on about respecting officials, but it will never work unless they open their eyes to whats going on in front of them!!!"

"you can preach on about respecting officials, but it will never work unless they open their eyes to whats going on in front of them!!!"

And it will take longer to see any improvements with the Respect Campaign in the senior levels until everyone realises that the campaign is about respecting that that person is the referee. It says nothing about repsecting them because they are good.

Why is it always the referees fault?

Yes, they make mistakes in games. Players make mistakes, as do managers, but how often do any of these get publicly slated for costing their team the game?

"you can preach on about respecting officials, but it will never work unless they open their eyes to whats going on in front of them!!!"

And it will take longer to see any improvements with the Respect Campaign in the senior levels until everyone realises that the campaign is about respecting that that person is the referee. It says nothing about repsecting them because they are good.

Yes, they make mistakes in games. Players make mistakes, as do managers, but how often do any of these get publicly slated for costing their team the game?

spot on gary.funny how they liked the ref that made a mistake in the cup final :clapper: :clapper:

christ!! this is dragging on!! whetters and leaner u two still act like when u played kids football!!

anyone wouldnt think ur only a couple of years from thirty whetters!!

all joking aside a good quick resolution is whats needed and some closure!!! the people at the top need to get some balls and make the decisions and make them quickly so this matter that has brought about much petulance can be put to bed!

my final thoughts on referees is that the league has to start agreeing to referees reports because at the end of the season a lot of referees may give up reffing in cornwall due to decisions that they cant be supported with. im not saying the league have made the decision against the referee which we will know soon, but more refs are going to look elsewhere rather than cornwall if things like this are not sorted out the proper way. we're short as it is for EC games lets not move that to the next tier of football please

Guest plainmoor

Quite true sedge, the game at goonhavern was abandoned at half time against St Austell when they were leading 2-1 and they were awarded the game. Same senario, Chris Stevens the Ref had an absolute mare and even though he booked 5 goonhavern players for complaining about his display and their safety he felt that because someone swore at him as he was leaving the field that he couldn't go on with the second period.

It doesn't matter if the ref is having a poor game you have to learn to live with it god knows we give enough money to the county already without extra bookings and sendings off to swell the coffers........................

So it looks like you have to be a little bit of a spineless referee, that way you'll get a County Cup Final at the end of the season. Watch this space, I'm sure that dave Green will be given one next season by the incompetant referees jobsworth at CCFA.

last night i spoke to the ref before the game and he said like myself , shit weather can beleive im missin arsenal man u 4 this, he said he had it on sky plus recording, then i had to toss a coin in the changein room to sort out what end we was kickin,and there linesman ran there defence first half and our defence second half, with an offical doing the other sides, witch is wrong,as 4 the game it was a scpappy game and little chances through the weather ,did nt think it was a sendin off as there were 4 players all in the 6 yard box but decision r decisions, i was nt happy and left the pitch,where i sat in the dug out,then the linesman kicked off because i was sat there so i sat about 50 yards away with a jacket on and he still came over and made things worse, as i was nearly in th changein room,i heard the whistle 4 full time ,i even said look ref just carry on the game and so did all of both teams, but he locked his self in the changeing rooms,both teams wanted to play and he spat his dummy out games like that u need a ref who can handle the presure and not just worry about the MANU ARSENAL SCORE i know they get a lot of stick but a lot of them bring it on there selfs BRING BACK LARRY MARSH

So you acted like a prat because you couldn't toss the coin up on the field.......what a big man....not.

It doesn't matter if there are none, one, two, three, four or even five players in the 6 yard box, you denied a player a goal scoring oppotunity for which you were rightly sent off.

When you are sent off you should know the rules which says you are not allowed to remain in view of the pitch.

be nice to see the report and see what he has to say , not sayin it was his fault, but when tempers r flaired refs need to be calm before stiring up a hornets nest , as soon as he done that he bottled,i think now he has had time to look back he will think he should of carryed the game on, oh good luck to the newquay boys morrow night jake,sam,and co just a shame u have nt got the judge his own car parkin space yet after all he has done 4 the club , judge if u came to support us u could have mine hahahahahahahaha

You little wet cheese, caused all this trouble with your bad attitude and lack off common sense, I bet you feel really proud to have shown the rest of your mates and Cornwall how a team captain should behave both on and off the pitch.

Guest leemccheese

i totally agree with sir alex its not right what happend but refs dont help there selfs, and im 4 years from 30 u checker fucker lol roll on next season

Not a cats in hells chance of that happening Anita.

we can dream that some of these perfect people who never have bad days and who are always right will one day be refs. :D ok so its more of a nightmare but ................................................................ :P

Come on St Awful, your captain has made a complete ass of himself on this forum in the last 48 hours. You were being done big style by Cally who would have been 2-0 up against 10 men. You had no chance of winning the league and even less of being promoted, you showed what bunch of nobodies you really are. You should get a statue of Nanks put up in your clubhouse, if you had one, as he saved you from your arses being kicked in the senior cup.

The whole club are an embaressment to Cornish football but you really need to get rid of McCheese who thinks he is bigger than than the whole county... what a muppet ! You deserve everything you get from SWPL/CCFA, crap ground, no fans, sums it up !

Im not a fan of town, but I feel the need to stick up for them to a degree. Judge, you are always on the back of someone with a sneaky little comment, if it aint the 'pub team' then its town you are winding up. Was it because you were bullied as a child??? Never played the game??? No friends???

Fair enough Whettsy's red may have been justified, but he then said/did nothing wrong, why slaughter the lad for having his own parking space (would sure beat walking to the ground). As for the stick Leaner has been getting on here Im sure he is really upset by that, given he has been serving his country for god knows how long, kind of puts things into perspective when the people he is serving and protecting are the little runts who are on here having a go!!!

Deal with it, Town got a shocker of a decision to win the Senior Cup, then they were on the wrong end of a shite decision midweek, c'est la vie. Im sure the FA will dish out the appropriate sanctions in due course. BUT, Im sure that the referee A. from the senior cup final and B. from midweek wont be punished for their poor decisions which defined the outcomes of both games, thats the REAL problem here!!!

P.S I heard Josh Higman is being scouted by Bolton Wanderers, watch this space!!!

Cheers Sir Alex. Appreciate that. Obviously 1 or 2 too many beers for the old fat man himself last night... He seems to forget the results of the 3 times we have played newquay this year.

Regardless whether Whetsy thinks he's bigger than the county.. Judge, you literally are bigger than the county. Take your stupid flags/your mrs underpants and stick them where it isn't sunny!

Guest leemccheese

thanks sir alex, but sticks and stones and all that lol , well done to newquay last night have a few mates there hopefully they will pull it off and win the league, as 4 the judge, prob has never played the game in his life , well seein the size of him doubt he could run, i love the banter,and forgot that nanks scored 1 in the senior cup final and we won 3 2 so he cant count 4 shit, wonder if he has newquay cricket flag 4 the summer if so might watch a few games

ha hes a real star , yeah he has never played the game , and lookin at the state of him 4 sure he was bullied as a child never mind , good luck to the newquay boys , i dont wind payin jake a tenner 4 the bet we had if they win the league

I have it on good authority that an abondonned game cannot be awarded to a team if it directly effects promotion or relegation. As Newquay (GET IN THERE) won last night there is a chance that St Austell can still win the league so it is unlikely that Callington will be awareded the points at this stage. If Penzance had got thier point last night it would have made the decision much easier- fine and game to cally. If the situation is to sorted out soon I can only see a fine and 3 point/or more deduction to St Austell and the game to be replayed. If St Austell were to win they would be in no better place than before the game.

What would be ideal is a fine, possibly a points deduction and then play 25 mins, starting with Cally 1-0 up with a penalty to start the game. 11 v 10 with the teams on the pitch at the time of abondonement.

Thats see what actually happens.

Well done to Newquay last night a great result and a great season. Two games left stay focused lads. Although played well I was expecting more- Last game away at Cally could be interesting to say the least.

Cheers

Grant

Callington allready have got to play 4 games in a week to play, there last game against penzance which is really unfair to them and a big advantage for penzance,any team would struggle to playthat amount of minutes in a week.The fourth game and could be for the title, surely that's not the way to determine the league winners.asking callington to turn up and play another 25 minutes surely not

I'm sorry for Peter Beard and a very loyal few who have stuck by Town through desperate times,they really deserve better than the juvenile actions and words that are now detracting from this season's fine achievements and exciting plans for the future off-field.

It would serve Town best if their players and supporters went quiet on this Forum for a while.

Come on St Awful, your captain has made a complete ass of himself on this forum in the last 48 hours. You were being done big style by Cally who would have been 2-0 up against 10 men. You had no chance of winning the league and even less of being promoted, you showed what bunch of nobodies you really are. You should get a statue of Nanks put up in your clubhouse, if you had one, as he saved you from your arses being kicked in the senior cup.

The whole club are an embaressment to Cornish football but you really need to get rid of McCheese who thinks he is bigger than than the whole county... what a muppet ! You deserve everything you get from SWPL/CCFA, crap ground, no fans, sums it up !

Well Well Judge

Where do i start ?

I know

The parking sign was put up as a joke!!!Only for the rest of the team to DEMAND they all get one so as a LOYAL fan of St Austell (and yes i watched St Austell last season when we were ****) i have said i will sponser the signs for all of them for next season.

You need to hold your tongue with regards to St Austell as a club, just because your club is doing well (which i applaud all connected with Newquay FC) why oh why you dont sometimes just congratulate other clubs on there success is beyond me.

Nobody from St austell has said they didnt deserve to be losing aganist Callington as they did as the result suggests when it was ABANDONED by the REFEREE not by anyone connected to St austell at all.

Please can you explain to me how St Austell are "an embaressment to Cornish football " ? (looking forward to the answer to this question).

"Crap Ground" which comes with enough parking for all players and officials oh and supporters (not having to give some money to the local council for parking charges). Average fans for the season so far 104, so not sure how many fans you need to have before you have got fans ? (again please feel free to answer this question).

As for the book being thrown at St Austell by either the SWPL or CCFA (if St Austell are found guilty then i'm sure they will take what ever punishment is handed out), having spoken to various people regarding the game aganist callington, they all seem to say they think the game will be replayed as only 62 min had gone and they have all said they think the Ref was a little soft in the way he dealt with the situation and took the easy option out.

Good result last night Newquay keeping it interesting right too the wire.

Hi Harry, I cannot back up the info regarding the promotion/relegation thing as I was told by someone who is fairly high up in the County FA and is well informed of all the rules etc. I don't know how true or correct it is but I'm sure the person who told me this would know hte rules. I don't want to come on hear and put names of people who have told me info but if you read the FA rules it may be in their somewhere? I dont know!! Sorry. As i said just what I heard from a reliable, well informed person.

Cheers

Guest plainmoor

The referee couldn't control the game!! I have never seen anything like it before!!! To be honest the pitch was unplayable anyway :D

Or as a fact that SA as a club couldn't control their own players or managerial bench.

Im not a fan of town, but I feel the need to stick up for them to a degree. Judge, you are always on the back of someone with a sneaky little comment, if it aint the 'pub team' then its town you are winding up. Was it because you were bullied as a child??? Never played the game??? No friends???

Fair enough Whettsy's red may have been justified, but he then said/did nothing wrong, why slaughter the lad for having his own parking space (would sure beat walking to the ground). As for the stick Leaner has been getting on here Im sure he is really upset by that, given he has been serving his country for god knows how long, kind of puts things into perspective when the people he is serving and protecting are the little runts who are on here having a go!!!

Deal with it, Town got a shocker of a decision to win the Senior Cup, then they were on the wrong end of a shite decision midweek, c'est la vie. Im sure the FA will dish out the appropriate sanctions in due course. BUT, Im sure that the referee A. from the senior cup final and B. from midweek wont be punished for their poor decisions which defined the outcomes of both games, thats the REAL problem here!!!

P.S I heard Josh Higman is being scouted by Bolton Wanderers, watch this space!!!

Sneaky comments are coming from who now? Whetts did do something wrong he never left the playing area which includes the technical area, if he doesn't know the rules isn't it about time he started to learm them? or is this a managment problem?

Cheers Sir Alex. Appreciate that. Obviously 1 or 2 too many beers for the old fat man himself last night... He seems to forget the results of the 3 times we have played newquay this year.

Regardless whether Whetsy thinks he's bigger than the county.. Judge, you literally are bigger than the county. Take your stupid flags/your mrs underpants and stick them where it isn't sunny!

Silly idiotic little snipes, wouldn't you just love fans as passionate as newquay's? or are all your new found fans exiles from blazey, as it appears that you have the blazey team from last seasom playing for you.

thanks sir alex, but sticks and stones and all that lol , well done to newquay last night have a few mates there hopefully they will pull it off and win the league, as 4 the judge, prob has never played the game in his life , well seein the size of him doubt he could run, i love the banter,and forgot that nanks scored 1 in the senior cup final and we won 3 2 so he cant count 4 shit, wonder if he has newquay cricket flag 4 the summer if so might watch a few games

ha hes a real star , yeah he has never played the game , and lookin at the state of him 4 sure he was bullied as a child never mind , good luck to the newquay boys , i dont wind payin jake a tenner 4 the bet we had if they win the league

Again little cheeky snipes at a true fan, they are not even your own words! get a life and get a grip on your own actions, you caused teh match to be abandoned, you and your manager no one else.

So are we saying that he thinks he's a big McCheese? No discipline, and comprehension like a traveller.

Well Well Judge

Where do i start ?

I know

The parking sign was put up as a joke!!!Only for the rest of the team to DEMAND they all get one so as a LOYAL fan of St Austell (and yes i watched St Austell last season when we were ****) i have said i will sponser the signs for all of them for next season.

And I'm sure teh Judge only posted it as joke, why don't you ask him instead of making wild ass..umptions?

You need to hold your tongue with regards to St Austell as a club, just because your club is doing well (which i applaud all connected with Newquay FC) why oh why you dont sometimes just congratulate other clubs on there success is beyond me.

Why should he hold his tongue, it's a free country with freedom of speach still on teh up and free.

Nobody from St austell has said they didnt deserve to be losing aganist Callington as they did as the result suggests when it was ABANDONED by the REFEREE not by anyone connected to St austell at all.

Wrong it was abandoned by the referee because of the actions of people connected with SA football club, namely the big cheese and the managment bench.

Please can you explain to me how St Austell are "an embaressment to Cornish football " ? (looking forward to the answer to this question).

Any team who's actions cause a game to be abandoned is an embaressment, not only to cornish football but football all over the country.

"Crap Ground" which comes with enough parking for all players and officials oh and supporters (not having to give some money to the local council for parking charges). Average fans for the season so far 104, so not sure how many fans you need to have before you have got fans ? (again please feel free to answer this question).

You forgot to add crap fire damaged changing rooms and a slope that you could absail down. Tell me you haven't taken your fans from blazey? because you have, your new fans are following the players not SA football club.

As for the book being thrown at St Austell by either the SWPL or CCFA (if St Austell are found guilty then i'm sure they will take what ever punishment is handed out), having spoken to various people regarding the game aganist callington, they all seem to say they think the game will be replayed as only 62 min had gone and they have all said they think the Ref was a little soft in the way he dealt with the situation and took the easy option out.

Should never be replayed, you should not get a second bite of the cherry to make up for your awful display both on and off the field.

Good result last night Newquay keeping it interesting right too the wire.

That's all folks!

Cheers for insulting every St Austell fan plainmoor. Merry Christmas to you too!

One thing I found today was that it's amazing how much arguing and aggressive behaviour disappears as soon as you point a video camera at someone.

I'm sure most clubs with a decent following could manage 3-4 fans with cheap camcorders covering most areas of the pitch and dugout.