Cornwall Football Forum

Guest Peppermint

I know whatever I write on the Forum seems to upset Patriot for some reason - I will risk stating that the rule regarding Culdrose has been in existence a very long time and perhaps it does need reviewing. I am not saying it should change but merely reviewed.

Guest WINNO

Hello Mr Drew how are you, As an ex matlot and player for culdrose I have said for a while now that they should really look at changing the breaks they have because of leave periods. It puts people off playing for them as lots of local Navy boys want to play through times like easter and christmas they dont want to miss weeks on end with games, and it would also be possible to attract more civillian players to look at the club with a view to playing

Guest Peppermint

Hi Winno - looking forward to seeing you tomorrow evening. Good response to the question and I did not state that the apparently unwritten rule regarding Culdrose should be changed but just reviewed in the light of it seemingly been in exsistence for a very long time.

Guest The Patriot

a matter of interest how many service personnel actually play for them now.

I know whatever I write on the Forum seems to upset Patriot for some reason -

I AM BY NO MEANS UPSET. I ONLY ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION SHIPMATE :c: :drink:

heard a rumour today that sam cooper has been thrown out of truro city for going against his city contract which restricted him from playing for anyone else. even though this was the case he went ahead and played for st day on tuesday at penryn (which is why I guess he's been asked to leave)......wondered if this is true and if the league would have anything to say about it if it was????

This is always an emotive subject which is raised almost annually. There are currently three players who are not service personnel who have played in the JCCL this season. Out of these one has subsequently joined the RN. Another is the only player so far to have represented RNAS Culdrose at every level from Mini-soccer, through all age groups, reserves and now first team.

We are proud of to be a Royal Naval Football Club and are just as proud to have such a long history in Cornish Football and as such have dual affiliation to both the CCFA and RNFA. We therefore do not feel we should have to justify a dispensation that although hinders us more than any, allows our service players to see their families during leave periods.

The majority of our players live on the base for long periods at a time, so even when not deployed are away from their families for most of the year.

I agree with Winno that inconsistency puts the local navy lads off playing for the club, but to be forced to play through leave periods would not help the main problem of losing 5-6 a week due to operational commitments nor do I believe that it would entice the local Navy lads back. The local Navy lads are exactly that 'local' and understandably may have loyalties elsewhere.

This has come up time and time again. It would be nice to log on to the forum and not feel the need to justify the existence of our club, that, although unique due to our circumstances has given a lot to Cornish Football since it was formed 62 years ago!

Our players have to play 3-4 times a week towards the end of each season, but would much rather do that than not go home at Christmas and Easter!

I am sorry Peppermint that you have to travel down to Culdrose on a Thursday night, however, we did not complain about travelling to Newquay for a midweek fixture earlier in the season, nor have we complained about fulfilling 12 league games in 4 and half weeks ( a game almost every other day).

Guest Peppermint

In answer to Scooby - I think it is not really travelling to Culdrose on a Thursday evening but the fact that Newquay have not played for three weeks before last night and they have completed their fixtures and some clubs still have a great deal of matches to play. Very lop sided league table as far as matches played - all teams should be within a span of one or two games played of each other.

It's simple: change the Fixture Secretary. If only all club representatives had the guts to vote publicly for what they say in private they believe, your fixturing would be a lot better in many different ways !

I mean this without rancour !

I think my saying this is also without hypocrisy. I have many faults, but excessive reticence about expressing my honest opinion is not often ascribed to me.

I see Mr Combo Chairman Vidal couldn't fork a pitch again, so another game at Gala Parc didn't go ahead ....no offence to Kev Richards or any of the good people at Port, but again the league will do nothing about the game having to be abandoned, because we all know who is well in with whom.

Just checking my spelling: f**k a pitch, that's right......

As usual, the admin of my favourite two Combo officers is about as straight as the Zimbabwean president.

You're not going to ban or censor me for telling the truth again, are you, Dave ? Ah well: James Joyce, Jesus, Bishop Trelawney, most of the Curnow family, Thaksin Shainawatra.....I'm in good company.

Off to do a map of the Mid-Nads now. Wouldn't want Ronin and B.Manning getting lost in bandit country...

:D

Guest WINNO

Is Liam Eddy not contracted at Truro City?

NO HES NOT FLIPPER ME OLD SON. WE CHECKED BEFORE HE PLAYED. IT WAS A HARD THING TO DO AS WELL. WE ASKED HIM!!!!!!!

Guest Sam Boston

Thanks for the concern Rodney but I have the latest version of SAMNAV which usually gets me from A to B. Fortunately, as I used to live in St Just, I will be able to find my way to the village quite easily. As for getting to the ground I'll just follows the smell of bulls*** :D

Good to know that, Sam. Sorry you didn't have the staying power to become a longer-term resident of City Limits. Glad to say that you are remembered: I am told that some of the graffiti on the stand relates to your past familiarity with one of the dugouts, although any hard evidence has long vanished. Congratulations on your titles. Don't forget the cotton wool for Alex. :D

B.Manning.....I know, we rejected you, and now you identify with Penzance...it's obvious from your style of refereeing. Have a good summer with the bat :D

Guest Sam Boston

Good to know that, Sam. Sorry you didn't have the staying power to become a longer-term resident of City Limits.

Unfortunately I only lived there for a few months and therefore never really felt that I got properly acquainted with the village although I certainly found it a very beautiful part of the County. :c:

I am told that some of the graffiti on the stand relates to your past familiarity with one of the dugouts, although any hard evidence has long vanished.

As funny as you think you are Mr Beer I find the insinuation behind that comment highly offensive (and totally down to your normal standard of posting) :SM_carton:

shame andy teams run came to a end i think it was 14 games unbeaten cracking little run including many weeks where games where cancelled which makes the run look more impressive. Pottsie are you sure you scored ? Must have been a fluke :clapper::clapper: :clapper:

Deano you cheeky ******!!

Yes I finally got one this season! Smashed home from...... actually tapped in from a yard out!

How many you got this season? Have i caught up with you?

See ya soon buddy.

Cornishteddyboy - Penryn scorer = MATT POTTS Ha ha

Gob, gob, gob. Moan, moan, whine. Beautiful part of what county, Sam ? The People's Republic of St Just is a nation.

:c:

Expressing that sort of Mancunian arrogance could get you stopped at North Road and deported. They're not all as tolerant as me.

As for insinuations, in sin you are born, in sin you die. You obviously never went to St Just Chapel....first mistake. Secondly, City Limits demands a sense of humour. T'edn't done to confuse the poor locals like me with a string of long words like that. No wonder you needed to go and live in bucket and spade land and sell candyfloss instead: we're probably a bit too real for you down on the granite. Look forward to seeing you Thursday. Earplugs will be provided: I expect you'll be screeching like a demented witnick on amphetamines as usual every time one of your children falls over. :o

Thanks, B.Manning. I was fishing for your identity. Now you've cleared up that you're not the other prat I unreservedly apologise for confusing you with him. You and he have in common, from my past experience of your posts, an unceasing faith that the referee is always right, even when he is a cheating moron. Apart from that, I'm sure you're just as nice as I am and I look forward to meeting you too ! :yahoo:

Pleased that I am not he prat you thought I was and as to the fact that the referee is always right i know only too well that we make mistakes during games, but providing it is a mistake then it`s something I do not dwell on as in football and in life we all make mistakes. The only course open to me is to recognise the mistake and try not to repeat it. Looking forward to meeting you at some stage.

Guest Sam Boston

Gob, gob, gob. Moan, moan, whine. Beautiful part of what county, Sam ? The People's Republic of St Just is a nation.

:c:

Expressing that sort of Mancunian arrogance could get you stopped at North Road and deported. They're not all as tolerant as me.

As for insinuations, in sin you are born, in sin you die. You obviously never went to St Just Chapel....first mistake. Secondly, City Limits demands a sense of humour. T'edn't done to confuse the poor locals like me with a string of long words like that. No wonder you needed to go and live in bucket and spade land and sell candyfloss instead: we're probably a bit too real for you down on the granite. Look forward to seeing you Thursday. Earplugs will be provided: I expect you'll be screeching like a demented witnick on amphetamines as usual every time one of your children falls over. :o

Let's hope you've got more courage than you did the last 2 times I saw you - the first being at Ponsmere Valley where you cowered almost out of sight and left as soon as the final whistle had gone, and the second being at Bickland Park where you had several opportunities to speak to me but chose not to. If you have so much to say to me Mr Beer why don't you "man up" and say it to my face rather than spouting your codswallop on here. You know where I'll be a week on Thursday - in the away dugout. I suggest you seek me out and say what's on your mind otherwise I shall have to come find you so I can tell you in short words of no more than two syllables to leave me the hell alone :angry2: Find another target Rod - you bore me.

Ronie-kins, I don't wish to say anything to you, dear. I enjoy my football; it used to be an escape from gobby women.

Your bossy little mascot antics around your boys echo Florence from the Magic Roundabout and your self-publicising vanity on this site reminds me of the primping little handbag-dancers who populated venues like the Barn about thirty years ago. Your persistent answering back is like the annoying, high-pitched barking of the Manchester terrier one of my neighbours used to own. It also was easier to wind up than a Mickey Mouse alarm clock; and equally predictable. Tragically, it was run over by a Range Rover.

Of course I left Ponsmere Valley straight after the final whistle. Your bar is too small for my ego, let alone yours. And after dark, the broomsticks start flying.

You'd been quite sensible recently, then I misspelt "Midlands" and you had to start again ! This is meant to be a website about football, not your chitchat !

Kindly stop harassing me with your asinine girly abuse. Disport yourself in the away dugout to your heart's content, but leave me the hell alone ! :c: :drink:

Guest Sam Boston

Ronie-kins, I don't wish to say anything to you, dear. I enjoy my football; it used to be an escape from gobby women.

Your bossy little mascot antics around your boys echo Florence from the Magic Roundabout and your self-publicising vanity on this site reminds me of the primping little handbag-dancers who populated venues like the Barn about thirty years ago. Your persistent answering back is like the annoying, high-pitched barking of the Manchester terrier one of my neighbours used to own. It also was easier to wind up than a Mickey Mouse alarm clock; and equally predictable. Tragically, it was run over by a Range Rover.

Of course I left Ponsmere Valley straight after the final whistle. Your bar is too small for my ego, let alone yours. And after dark, the broomsticks start flying.

You'd been quite sensible recently, then I misspelt "Midlands" and you had to start again ! This is meant to be a website about football, not your chitchat !

Kindly stop harassing me with your asinine girly abuse. Disport yourself in the away dugout to your heart's content, but leave me the hell alone ! :c::drink:

Look back over the posts Rodney - it was you who decided to get personal and obviously I am going to speak out to defend myself... I'm beginning to think your feelings for me may run deeper than the bravado you try and put across on here. Unfortunately your pompous attitude to all things female, as well as your seeming fetish for goats and childrens television characters, would place me well and truly out of your league. I shall therefore make this my last post on the subject, any comeback you wish to dribble will go so far over my head I won't even feel a breeze.

Guest Man on the Post

Thanks for the self-afflatus, but I prefer real women. You're right, I have been talking over your vain little head. Delighted to hear you're now going to shut up and leave me alone. Goodbye.

When Rodney was a child he spoke as child,

he understood as a child, he thought as a child;

but when he became a man nothing changed! :D

"Except ye become as little children, ye shall not enter the kingdom of heaven."

Glad to see you quoting St Paul: he would no doubt have shared my view of gobby handbag-dancers ruining football. Time for you to get off that post before it rusts and gets jammed up your fundament.

Moreover, you're playing me onside again and I'm bored by the ease of scoring against you.

:D

Guest Monty

you are correct mr gillo I played in that very game, if I remember right I think mr heenan even scored in a 1-1 draw with Falmouth with Ginger tits equalizing from distance,

Liam Heenan did not score in that game because some centre half had him in there pocket all game, It was a pass back from a midfielder that our stand in keeper Mike?? completley miss kicked and it was classed as an own goal? :D