Cornwall Football Forum

Does this ring any (alarm) bells ?

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Southampton have been effectively relegated after being docked 10 points by the Football League.

The ruling comes after Saints' parent company went into administration, though the club and administrators say they expect to launch an appeal. The south coast outfit had hoped to avoid the punishment as they argued that it was their parent company Southampton Leisure Holdings plc (SLH) which had gone into administration on 2 April - not the football club. But a League investigation by "independent forensic accountants" found that the football club and SLH were "inextricably linked as one economic entity" and applied their mandatory penalty.

The League also found that: "The holding company has no income of its own; all revenue and expenditure is derived from the operation of Southampton Football Club and the associated stadium company. "The holding company is solvent in its own right. It only becomes insolvent when account is taken of the position of Southampton football club and the other group companies." The statement added that there was no alternative other than to invoke the 10-point penalty.

So when you are collecting your free club tat that they couldn't sell so are having to give it away, think on. That shiny trophy they will parade may yet have to be handed back !

Yawn.

Go back to making people dislike your own club because of your stupid postings. I love hearing from Newquay fans/players about what an idiot they think you are.

Firstly, totally different thing with regards to Southampton. They're holding company were intrinsically linked to the club, far different from being a main sponsor.

Secondly, even if the league docked ten points there wouldn't be any need to hand the trophy back now would there Mr Judge.

Check the league table before you post you innane rubbish.

BORE.... OFF.

/response to jealous rant over/

Or 17 points, maybe even 30 points, perhaps even demotion...

You have to admit, there a quite a few who are actually a little worried that it will go tits up !

Just think of all those local derbys you could have again, no more worrying about Kings Lynn et al.

Ah yeah, I forgot the deduction West Ham got when XL went down!!

Who owns or owned Cornish Homes and who owns Truro City FC, that will be one and the same then, XL were a sponsor, Heaney is a bankroller - go on JASA even you can spot the difference.

The Southampton situation is more akin to Truro City that Wet Spam !

Local derbies against other Southern League clubs? Not all that many of them to be honest. I don't suppose you know that being a Newquay fan.

I wish there was a yawning smily.

Newquay = chav capital of Cornwall. Must be idyllic for you Judge. All the best with 3rd place, good year that for you.

THUMBS UP!

why do you come on here an wind people up

Because it is so goddam easy ! Wind em up and watch em go...

Seriously though, you lot have got your heads so much buried in the sand, that you cannot see that he has failed on his most important promises to deliver various stadiums, facilities and sporting excellence for the whole of Cornwall (are you listening in Millbrook and Sennan).

I don't have anything against Truro City AFC as was, in fact I used to love visiting Treyew Road when it was run by people who cared about their club. But one man does not make a club, one man does make (and can apparently lose) money hand over fist and he has given a group of glory hunters some fun along the way. The Original 50 or so have either given up and gone to Penryn or hang on in there knowing that someone will have to pick up the peices when it does go tits up.

Is he really the messiah you portray him or does any of the published stories not send disturbing messages that all is not well. All I have tried to do from day one, is warn Truro fans of the impending nightmare that will befall the club one day. I care about local football, but all the glory hunters care about is themselves, they will disappear if/when Truro fall from from grace.

I'm glad that the original fans have seen a Truro side do well over the last few years, it will live with them forever and it will be those loyal fans who are still there when all the mess is left behind. You good people have my deepest respect, the rest of you can rot !

Guest plainmoor

Yawn.

Go back to making people dislike your own club because of your stupid postings. I love hearing from Newquay fans/players about what an idiot they think you are.

Firstly, totally different thing with regards to Southampton. They're holding company were intrinsically linked to the club, far different from being a main sponsor.

Secondly, even if the league docked ten points there wouldn't be any need to hand the trophy back now would there Mr Judge.

Check the league table before you post you innane rubbish.

BORE.... OFF.

/response to jealous rant over/

What is the matter with you people? This man comes on here (an open public forum) and gives people like me some information that I hadn't even thought about before.

Give him a break and stop posting silly childish replies, I bet there are hundreds who hadn't thought that this may or may not affect Truro City FC, if anything else it creates a good talking point in the pub, club house or in the board room.

Len

why do you come on here an wind people up just go back to the hole you crawled out of and leave truro alone

Newquay = chav capital of Cornwall.

I might just be getting old but whats a 'chav' ???? :mellow:

Usually those who are guests of the Jeremy Kyle show apparently.

Does Truro have a Matalan, TK Maxx and JJB (for the all important tracksuit bottoms). 2 litre Diamond White anyone ?

Basically Anita, they always have a pop at Newquay via me when they have no answer !

Newquay = chav capital of Cornwall.

I might just be getting old but whats a 'chav' ???? :mellow:

Usually those who are guests of the Jeremy Kyle show apparently.

Does Truro have a Matalan, TK Maxx and JJB (for the all important tracksuit bottoms). 2 litre Diamond White anyone ?

Basically Anita, they always have a pop at Newquay via me when they have no answer !

Ahhhh thanks for that judge :D So when are you going on the Jeremy Kyle show then?? i'll be sure to tune in :thumbsup: :drink:

I'm re-posting this as no one seems to have bothered reading it first time !

Seriously though, you lot have got your heads so much buried in the sand, that you cannot see that he has failed on his most important promises to deliver various stadiums, facilities and sporting excellence for the whole of Cornwall (are you listening in Millbrook and Sennan).

I don't have anything against Truro City AFC as was, in fact I used to love visiting Treyew Road when it was run by people who cared about their club. But one man does not make a club, one man does make (and can apparently lose) money hand over fist and he has given a group of glory hunters some fun along the way. The Original 50 or so have either given up and gone to Penryn or hang on in there knowing that someone will have to pick up the peices when it does go tits up.

Is he really the messiah you portray him or does any of the published stories not send disturbing messages that all is not well. All I have tried to do from day one, is warn Truro fans of the impending nightmare that will befall the club one day. I care about local football, but all the glory hunters care about is themselves, they will disappear if/when Truro fall from from grace.

I'm glad that the original fans have seen a Truro side do well over the last few years, it will live with them forever and it will be those loyal fans who are still there when all the mess is left behind. You good people have my deepest respect, the rest of you can rot !

I'm told a piccy or image has been removed, perhaps someone would like to email it to me at newquayafc@gmail.com or PM me, I do have a sense of humour and would love to know what some wag posted.

Keep the faith Truro old guard !

Judge go to google images, type in

"I am an attention w****".

Can't believe the image was removed, it was apt, to the point and summed you up to a tee Judge.

If it was the one with the black surround, it looks exactly like Everton Dave on New Years Eve. Otherwise, I look fantastic in a bikini.

Judge go to google images, type in

"I am an attention w****".

Can't believe the image was removed, it was apt, to the point and summed you up to a tee Judge.

If it was the one with the black surround, it looks exactly like Everton Dave on New Years Eve. Otherwise, I look fantastic in a bikini.

hang on everton dave looke dead fit on new years eve.

Mr Heaney ducked that question when interviewed on Radio Cornwall this afternoon.

Did anyone hear it. Some good questions but a lot of "Poor old me" answers. Blame the County Council for no stadium, I lost 20 times as much money as those poor creditors etc.

Others surely heard it

One thing I picked up on was the fact Truro have got new sponsors for next season. Can't remember the name. Is Heaney slowly pulling his fingers out of the pie?

The interview was conducted as if there was a set of questions known in advance by the interviewee. Cos the interviewer never came back on an answer but went on to the next question. It was like "you can interview me if I know the questions so can work out some carefully worded answers and don't ask anything else or we cut it out before it's broadcast".

More of a public exercise that didn't work. The interviewers tone was grovelling.

• 2 weeks later...

Good post judge, You know as i know it will indeed all end in tiny tears its only a matter of time, quite frankly i cant wait im looking forward to it so much . Never liked them or their new found followers , i e The desperate saddo's looking for a little bit of glory. They can all go back to shopping with their wives on saturday afternoons and talk about the wonderful day they had at wembleyjava script:emoticon(':thumbsup:',java script:emoticon(':thumbsup:', 'smid_22') 'smid_22')

Good post judge, You know as i know it will indeed all end in tiny tears its only a matter of time, quite frankly i cant wait im looking forward to it so much . Never liked them or their new found followers , i e The desperate saddo's looking for a little bit of glory. They can all go back to shopping with their wives on saturday afternoons and talk about the wonderful day they had at wembleyjava script:emoticon(':thumbsup:',java script:emoticon(':thumbsup:', 'smid_22') 'smid_22')

Good post judge, You know as i know it will indeed all end in tiny tears its only a matter of time, quite frankly i cant wait im looking forward to it so much . Never liked them or their new found followers , i e The desperate saddo's looking for a little bit of glory. They can all go back to shopping with their wives on saturday afternoons and talk about the wonderful day they had at wembley :yahoo: :yahoo:

Dont need to ask ,what you do in your spare time.

Think you may have to wait a while yet,before you can start throwing your little party.

Some bloody party you and the judge.WHOOOOPPPPPEEEE.

My posting was before the TRUCE was called, I asked for others to abide by it but have no control over what others think.

Sorry judge.

We will see if snooper fancies a truce.

sorry somerset spur but i remember going to see matches at truro when we always outnumbered the home support and it just makes me laugh to see all the glory brigade desperately clutching to the success that truro city have had . And when it does go tits up i sincerely hope that you stick by your club because you must realise it will end . But after all said and done for the true city fans [ as in the ones in south western league days ] No problem enjoy what glory you have . But as every fan in cornish football knows there cannot possibly be many of them around . Truro's marks and Spencers moving to Falmouth and the cathedral, and HMV , And Truro to be raised to the ground to be Park and ride for Falmouth . Thats the rumour !!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Guest Man on the Post

i remember going to see matches at truro when we always outnumbered the home support and it just makes me laugh to see all the glory brigade desperately clutching to the success that truro city have had . And when it does go tits up i sincerely hope that you stick by your club

You mean like supporters who have stuck by Falmouth after their glory years? [Falmouth average home attendance 93]. Not having a go at Falmouth but it is the same with all clubs. Perhaps you could give us an example of a cornish club where attendances have not declined when lean times followed a period of success?

i remember going to see matches at truro when we always outnumbered the home support and it just makes me laugh to see all the glory brigade desperately clutching to the success that truro city have had . And when it does go tits up i sincerely hope that you stick by your club

You mean like supporters who have stuck by Falmouth after their glory years? [Falmouth average home attendance 93]. Not having a go at Falmouth but it is the same with all clubs. Perhaps you could give us an example of a cornish club where attendances have not declined when lean times followed a period of success?

Yep i totally agree 93 Fans is poor compared to what town used to get but if you take into consideration how much disruption falmouth town have gone through over the last 10 years or so , I would say those 93 are and will always be there for the club . also when you take in to account the fact that there is so much football on the box 93 aint that bad for a club that as under achieved big time in recent years . But i have to state that going back when both town and truro were more or less on on level footing when playing at treyew road the Falmouth support was always good compared to the truro home support usually 6 or 7 people in the stand and 20 or 30 scattered around the rest of the ground. And yes you are right it is the same with all clubs we are in hard times even at town 98 99 season under dave ball towns attendances were not that good , for a team that won the treble! . All im saying is that some city so called supporters will find saturday afternoons hard to pass when combo football is beckoninghttp://www.cornwallfootballforum.com/forum/style_images/worldcup/folder_post_icons/icon8.gif

Yep i totally agree 93 Fans is poor compared to what town used to get but if you take into consideration how much disruption falmouth town have gone through over the last 10 years or so , I would say those 93 are and will always be there for the club . also when you take in to account the fact that there is so much football on the box 93 aint that bad for a club that as under achieved big time in recent years . But i have to state that going back when both town and truro were more or less on on level footing when playing at treyew road the Falmouth support was always good compared to the truro home support usually 6 or 7 people in the stand and 20 or 30 scattered around the rest of the ground. And yes you are right it is the same with all clubs we are in hard times even at town 98 99 season under dave ball towns attendances were not that good , for a team that won the treble! . All im saying is that some city so called supporters will find saturday afternoons hard to pass when combo football is beckoningjava script:emoticon(':(', 'smid_2')java script:emoticon(':(', 'smid_2')

I think Snooper means "razed" to the ground.

What the snipers don't seem to grasp is that whichever club it was in Cornwall, particularly West Cornwall, that was moving up the pyramid would have attracted bigger crowds. I'm one of them when I'm in Cornwall, not because I am glory hunting but simply because of the lure of a better standard of football. Of course there are a few who have joined the loudest group of spectators, the ones who move from end to end at half time, and they wouldn't be there if Truro weren't doing well; but I fancy that the bulk of the three or four hundred extra spectators compared to four years ago are simply there for the football. Do they "support" Truro? Of course they do. They don't go there to see Truro lose. On the odd day there are six or seven hundred (or more) in, those numbers will include many from Penzance, Penryn, Falmouth, St. Austell, etc., etc., who have also come to watch a higher level game. Most of them will want to see the Cornish side win (viz. 15,000 at Wembley!) because that is the way of the Cornish. A few of them will want to see Truro lose - the knockers and snipers on here amongst them, I shouldn't wonder.

Can it go on for ever? Hardly. Bumping along like Torquay is probably the limit.

For Cornwall, the football at Truro has been good - from them and from many of their opponents. There have been many exhibitions of fine goalkeeping, excellent ball control, canny tactics and plenty of action at either end. I'm looking forward to next season. My travels may make it possible for me to see them away more than home.

Stop knocking!

Commontater -

An excellent reply - the phrase 'hit the nail on the head' comes to mind.!

Big g , I Strongly suggest that you go out and seek to get yourself a life , '' Hit the nail on the Head '' Whatever you are doing stop right now , Telephone the samaritans and tell them you like truro city . They will prepare you for your sleepless nights, when it all falls apart God Willing !!!' :yahoo: :thumbsup:

Snooper, why does it bother you that Cornwall have a successful team? Indeed I bet you support Man U / Liverpool / Arsenal / another Premiership team like so many other 'Cornishman' (as clearly shown in the Non-Cornish Football Forum).

Whatever the rights and wrongs of Kevin Heaney, it is fantastic that Cornwall have a team striving to play as high a level of football as possible. It may turn sour, but the Cornish Pirates have shown that the County can get behind a team who strive to climb the ladder and it would be superb for Cornwall (population approx 500,000, Blackburn have a population of 105,085) to have a team in the Conference / League 2.

Get behind Truro and hopefully in a few years we'll have a derby against the Argyle to savour.

Snooper, why does it bother you that Cornwall have a successful team? Indeed I bet you support Man U / Liverpool / Arsenal / another Premiership team like so many other 'Cornishman' (as clearly shown in the Non-Cornish Football Forum).

Whatever the rights and wrongs of Kevin Heaney, it is fantastic that Cornwall have a team striving to play as high a level of football as possible. It may turn sour, but the Cornish Pirates have shown that the County can get behind a team who strive to climb the ladder and it would be superb for Cornwall (population approx 500,000, Blackburn have a population of 105,085) to have a team in the Conference / League 2.

Get behind Truro and hopefully in a few years we'll have a derby against the Argyle to savour.

Dont think so padgate, And you have it all wrong pal its nothing about a successful team in Cornwall its purely Truro. You say that blackburn has a population of 105 thousand but dont forget where its is its close to Manchester and liverpool , and still there ground is never full . You also state that the pirates have shown the way but Cornwall has always been a Rugby stronghold . But for once padgate you are correct i do support a premiership football team and can gladly say i have watched many times live and its cost me a fortune. Just out of curiosity Padgate how long have supported Truro ? No porky pies Now! , p.s my premiership team isnt in the top 8

I think the time has come to IGNORE SNOOPER, on his/her own admission he/she dislikes TRURO

so NO SENSE will be emitted from his/her mouth or the keyboard he/she controls.

TRURONIANS BEWARE OF THE SNOOPER - SNOOPERS are the same breed as NIMBY's -

They spout a load of CRAP.

Is there a frustrated female lurking within THE SNOOPERS MAKE-UP? :SM_carton:

What has Snooper actually said wrong?

He/she has put across their own views on the subject.

Someone said that on the odd occasion that Truro have had 700 at games, where the majority have wanted Truro to win. I bet you would probably find that the majority there couldn't give two shits whether Truro won or lost, just want a good game of football!

4-4 draw with sendings off, crowd abuse, referee abuse beats a Truro 1-0 win anyday in my book!!!

Darren,

I think SNOOPERS attack on BigG was uncalled for but then those who SNOOP haven't a life themselves.

Come on MOUNTAINEER' Have a laugh , Quote ''those who snoop haven't a life themselves . Be serious pal a bit deep dont you think . I must say im sorry for lighting the fuse on your Tampon please forgive me!!! :yahoo::yahoo:

What has Snooper actually said wrong?

He/she has put across their own views on the subject.

Someone said that on the odd occasion that Truro have had 700 at games, where the majority have wanted Truro to win. I bet you would probably find that the majority there couldn't give two shits whether Truro won or lost, just want a good game of football!

4-4 draw with sendings off, crowd abuse, referee abuse beats a Truro 1-0 win anyday in my book!!!

Cheers St Darren , You are absolutely right my views are entirely my own . I dont see any probs with having a bit of banter with others on this forum , Life is serious enough all we have to do is look at the news. :smiley20:

I think the time has come to IGNORE SNOOPER, on his/her own admission he/she dislikes TRURO

so NO SENSE will be emitted from his/her mouth or the keyboard he/she controls.

TRURONIANS BEWARE OF THE SNOOPER - SNOOPERS are the same breed as NIMBY's -

They spout a load of CRAP.

Is there a frustrated female lurking within THE SNOOPERS MAKE-UP? :SM_carton:

Please dont ignore me Mountaineer please dont put me back in that Playground at school, Ive got marbles we can play with at snack time ! SNOOPERS ARE THE SAME BREED AS NIMBY'S, Come on is that the best you can do? :yahoo:

Oh my lord what an absolute load of rubbish :SM_carton: ,

i would say the majority of people on this forum follow a league club of sorts but that doesn't stop me from supporting my local side, if we were just purely interested in those clubs we would be posting on those clubs forums not a cornish soccer forum :P

and too compare blackburn with cornwall is ludicrous cornwall is a county not a city so why would you expect the people of cornwall to turn their backs on their local clubs to support truro?? if i want to watch a so called higher standard of football i'll go to argyle :blink: