Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 07/03/2009

Mining 3

Redruth Utd Res 16 - 0 Madron Res

Fair play to Madron for turning up even if it was with only 9 men, they must hate the sight of us after losing 9-1 3 weeks ago and then 14-0 last week, most of us didnt expect them to turn up, shame that they are finding things difficult at the moment as they seem to be a decent bunch of lads, difficult game to write a report on as it was never really going to be a contest.

Guest titan1

mining div 2

halsetown 1 - 2 titans

good game played in good spirit ,shame the halsetown goalkeeper spat his dummy out at the end and refused to shake hands with the wining side, good luck to halsetown for the rest of the season all the best from the titans.

Guest Markdavis

Ludgvan 8 pendeen 0

Ludgvan could have scored more if AKA had his shooting boots!!

Some good play from the midfield to control the game and another solid defensive performance from the back 4.

Pendeen had a goal disallowed for a push, which seemed abit harsh on them.

I guess west cornwall didn't have a game today because some of their players came to watch?

Guest lynchmob

Heamoor 1 Cornish new boys 1

Heamoor worked hard first half making some solid chances and i would say looked the better side, Damien Wager creating lots of room on the wing and setting Truan Osborne up to make it 1-0 though New boys replied quickly through an own goal which was a pitty as the Heamoor defense have been looking brilliant recently and extremely hard to break down.

Second Half New Boys had the better of chances and worked hard to try and get a win but Heamoor made chances themselves and our defense did a brilliant job keeping the New Boys attack away from our box. Dave Tremayne had somme good saves and did a great job for us. Though my man of the match was Malcolm Sabine with some awesome defending, he is looking the real deal!!!! :thumbsup:

Godd luck to New Boys, and bring on the next game cos Heamoor are full of confidence :smiley20:

MOM: Malcolm Sabine

Guest Mouth

Goonhavern 3 - 1 Newlyn NA

Bad day at the office for a depleted Newlyn who never really showed up. Goonhavern went in 1-0 up at half-time after a long free-kick was helped in by the wind. Newlyn created a couple of chances but lack of penetration and composure showed.

Started the second half OK, but were then caught on the break allowing Goonhavern to grab a second. As The Crabs pushed Goonhavern broke and scored a third with a cracking finish.

Luke Frost grabbed a goal in the final few to ensure Newlyn kept their record of scoring in every league game this year, but unfortunately we surrendered our 100% away record too easily.

Well done to Goonhavern; a good team and a good bunch of lads. We look forward to entertaining you back at our place soon.

Minor slip-up for the Crabs, but we'll bounce back.

Mining League Div. 3

Gulval Res. 3 .v. Trevenson Utd Res 4

Trevenson took a quick 2 goal lead with some brilliant build up play leading to Stu Rule heading the ball home and then Luke Abbot- Smith scoring with a header from a corner. I think the early goals settled the Trevenson back line a bit too much as Gulval played to their strengths of getting the ball up front and running well off of their strikers. Gulval got back into the game from the penalty spot and then equalised from what we thought was an offside when their striker headed the ball back across. Frank Mitchell then gave Trevenson the lead again, collecting the ball just inside Gulval's half and just twatting the ball goal wards which lobbed the Gulval 'keeper! He swears blind it's not the best he's ever scored though! Gulval equalised right at the death of the 1st half with a good move finished with aplomb into the top corner. Second half was a lot more assured and organised from Trevenson, especially at the back and both sides played some good football with Gulval probably having more chances but none clear cut enough for them to score. Trevenson's winner came from Abbo with about 10mins left beating the offside to slot home. A good 3 points for us. Good luck to Gulval for the rest of the season.

Even report Damo NO 2.

Just to confirm our striker has broken his leg.On his way to truro as i type. No malice in the challenge , just good old fashioned footy. These things happen.

Thanks for a great game played in fantastic spirit. All the best to Trevenson for the remainder of the season, (but get Abbo back in the first team, please.) :D

I like the words Frank & twatt together.? Has a certain ring to it.??? Jammy sod.?

ST.BURYAN 4 - 3 STORM

Good game, could of gone either way, buryan led 1 0 at H/T Then went 2 0 up. Storm bought it back to 2 2 with 25 mins to play. Home side took the lead again with a great finish from Josh findlay with Anthony roberts making it 4 right on full time, Storm still had time to score again in added time but the blues held out.

Storm are a very good side,looking forward to the return match.

SCORERS

J FINDLAY 2

T WILSON

A ROBERTS

Robartes 3 Gulval 3

Decent game even if it was in in two halves. 1-0 2-0 then ht 2-1 2-2 3-2 then equaliser by one of the original cruise twin Mr Chris Bowden.

Always enjoy these games as Darren gets his teams to play with spirit as the banter is good too.

Will be seeing Darren and his team at ours later in the season for round 2.

Heamoor worked hard first half making some solid chances and i would say looked the better side, Damien Wager creating lots of room on the wing and setting Truan Osborne up to make it 1-0 though New boys replied quickly through an own goal which was a pitty as the Heamoor defense have been looking brilliant recently and extremely hard to break down.

Second Half New Boys had the better of chances and worked hard to try and get a win but Heamoor made chances themselves and our defense did a brilliant job keeping the New Boys attack away from our box. Dave Tremayne had somme good saves and did a great job for us. Though my man of the match was Malcolm Sabine with some awesome defending, he is looking the real deal!!!! :thumbsup:

Godd luck to New Boys, and bring on the next game cos Heamoor are full of confidence :smiley20:

Fair comments, think ur right u were the better team in the 1st half we just didnt wake up! Second half were better but still not at our best which has been the case recently. There is a vast improvement in your team from when we played you at our place, so well done to you, hopefully we can still be promoted after our recent run!

Good luck to all at Heamoor, a really good club and a nice bunch of lads and funny too, especially what happen in the club house afterwards, poor bloke thats not a nice thing to happen to anyone!!! :smiley20:

Guest Norry

MINING DIV 2

SENNEN 2 V ST AGNES 1

STEVE JONES

DAVE ROWE

GAME IN WHICH SENNEN JUST EDGED IT...BUT AFTER 5 DEFEATS IN A ROW,IN LEAGUE AND CUP...

THIS WAS A MUCH NEEDED BOOST...THE AGGIES PLAYED WELL IN THEIR PART,ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR REMAINDER OF THE SEASON.....

CROWD..34,732.??

MINING 2

HALSETOWN RES. 1 TITANS 2

Game was fairly even throughout with some strange calls from the ref. the home team took the lead in the first half with a scramble at the near post from a corner,then we were awarded a penalty for hand ball which apparently the defenders appealed for because it was one of our players and the ref gave it to us :wacko: justice prevailed as the penalty went wide of the post. in the second half titans came out and looked more likely to score and sure enough it came. malcom nicholls cut inside the fullback on the right to unleash a screamer into the top corner. :clapper: play was very even until near the end when a mistake by the home keeper allowed the youthful graham jewell to poke the ball over the line to score what turned out to be the winner. :drink:

the game was played in fairly good spirit there was some hard tackles from both sides and in fairness to the ref. he was the same to both teams. good luck to halsetown for the rest of the season.

i hope that the keeper was just frustrated at the end no offence mate :thumbsup:

4 in a row for the titans all we have to do is win our last 6 games to stay up :wacko::drink::c: :clapper:

Guest lynchmob

Fair comments, think ur right u were the better team in the 1st half we just didnt wake up! Second half were better but still not at our best which has been the case recently. There is a vast improvement in your team from when we played you at our place, so well done to you, hopefully we can still be promoted after our recent run!

Good luck to all at Heamoor, a really good club and a nice bunch of lads and funny too, especially what happen in the club house afterwards, poor bloke thats not a nice thing to happen to anyone!!! :smiley20:

His face will never be the same!!!! :wacko:

Just to confirm our striker has broken his leg.On his way to truro as i type. No malice in the challenge , just good old fashioned footy. These things happen.

Thanks for a great game played in fantastic spirit. All the best to Trevenson for the remainder of the season, (but get Abbo back in the first team, please.)

All the best wishes to Poly from all of us at Trevenson FC, I know him from coming into where I work and he's a nice lad. Our 'keeper personally wants to wish him well. Abbo was the difference yesterday, but I for one will be hoping he's with us for a few weeks yet!

Madron 2 Mount Ambrose 1

Madron fully deserved this win who outfought and outplayed us. Good luck in the next round and great to see even with the team struggling for players you still manage to put 2 sides out. Mount goalscorer Nicky Boase

All the best wishes to Poly from all of us at Trevenson FC, I know him from coming into where I work and he's a nice lad. Our 'keeper personally wants to wish him well. Abbo was the difference yesterday, but I for one will be hoping he's with us for a few weeks yet!

That's really good of you Damo, thanks very much for your kind words and all the best for the rest of your season :c:

Four Lanes 3-1 St.Just (HT 1-0)

A good battleing performance by the young St.Just side against a good Four Lanes side, that played good football. Four Lanes had alot of the possession, but found it hard to break down the St.Just old timers in defence/goal!

With the score being 1-0 with 12 minutes to go, St.Just were always in it, even though they were having to sustain heavy pressure throughout the game. Four Lanes made it 2-0 near the end from close range, and then 3-0 shortly after that. Young Jack Willis scored an excellent solo goal with minutes to go, making it a fair score in the end.

St Buryan 4 v 3 Storm

Crackin match. Not one Buryan player had a bad game and to be honest thats the only way they we're gonna beat a strong storm side. Storm played some exellent passing football on, in my opinion one of the best pitches in the league. But Buryans defence was solid. The speed of the Buryan counter was superb, a match for any team in this league and i think on the whole they deserved the win.

Guest marc missen 11

wendron 1 storm 5

was a tough game with the conditions as they were with the mist :( we had a few good chances in the first half but storm stuck 2 it and just b4 half time they scored from a corner...then from the second half we just went down hill:(

well played storm good luck :thumbsup:

:smiley20:

All the results from last weekend for the statto's

DUNN CUP

Round 1

Redruth 3, Spice of Life 7.

Trevenson 0, Troon 1.

Round 2.

Illogan 4, Threemilestone 2. *aet.

St Ives 1, Halsetown 3.

DIVISION 1.

Four Lanes 3, St Just 1.

Gwinear 2, St Just 3.

Robartes 3, Gulval 3.

St Buryan 4, Storm 3.

JUBILEE CUP

Madron 2, Mount Ambrose 1.

DIVISION 2.

Crown inn Glory v Portreath -OFF- Crown unable to raise a side.

Goonhavern 3, Newlyn 1.

Halsetown 1, Titans 2.

Holmans 1, Chacewater 3.

Sennen 2, St Agnes 1.

Threemilestone v Mousehole -OFF- Mousehole unable to raise a side.

JOLLY'S SHIELD

Marazion 1, St Ives Mariners 7.

DIVISION 3.

Gulval 3, Trevenson 4.

Heamoor 1, CNB 1.

Ludgvan 8, Pendeen 0.

Newlyn 0, St Buryan 2.

Redruth 16, Madron 0.

Wendron 1, Storm 5.