Cornwall Football Forum

Any games fallen foul of weather yet

Guest Postie Pidge

Better than any game at Bickland. Union Corner pitches wouldn't have puddles on them this early - unlike that superbly looking forlorn stadium down the road!

Guest Peppermint

According to the League Website the Wadebridge Town v Falmouth Town game is officially off. Mike can now look for an alternative venue - might be difficult!

Guest Peppermint

According to the official League Website it was notified on there as 8.55am - Phil Hiscox is very prompt with games off so it was probably done at about 8.45am - not really dark then!!!

Saturday 31st January

Cornwall Senior Cup 3rd Rd

Saltash United v Dobwalls - postponed

Devon Premier Cup Quarter Final

Brixham Villa v Bovey Tracey - postponed (now sat feb 7)

Premier Division

Cullompton Rangers v Buckland Athletic - postponed

Elburton Villa v Liskeard Ath - postponed

Wadebridge Town v Falmouth Town - postponed

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Saltash are a bloomin jinx in the cups, kick them out ! Seriously though, as Saltash have lights and Dobwalls is just up the road, why can't the re-arranged match be midweek to stop SWPL matches being psotponed ?

The Wadebridge game should be moved to a pitch that can handle the weather, the Senior cup moved to midweek and SWPL matches played ass fixtured.

Alternatively, Newquay could host Dobwalls on Tues or Weds night this week !

i think we should all pledge a pound to wadebridge football club to get a proper pitch cover, although to keep the pitch warm and dry would mean a high electricity bill. fair play tho, saltash have had the same problem 2 weeks in a row, so the weather plays it part to all clubs and ground staff do a great job for their clubs.

i dont know how much each fa is given a season, but any grant should be forwarded to club/clubs in serious needs of pitch covers as i agree with most that the cup games get played in midweek for clubs that have lighting.

i have seen that due to postponements we are heading into mid may and could be longer before the league season is finished.