Cornwall Football Forum

FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES P-P ST IVES TOWN

HAYLE RESERVES (Lee Patchett) 1-7 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES (Mike Davis 6, Chris Strike)

Att - 15

HELSTON ATHLETIC (Neil Southall 4) 4-7 HOLMAN SC (Daniel Bell 3, Daniel Jewel 2, Frazer Cadman, Mark Mitchell)

Att - 30

PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES P-P ST AGNES

PENZANCE RESERVES (Garry Matthews, Darren Holsey, Ryan Holland, Wade Brown, Steve Burt, Ashley Thomas) 6-0 LUDGVAN

Att - 106

PERRANWELL P-P ILLOGAN RBL

PERRANPORTH P-P ST DAY

PORTREATH (Duane Brittion, James Reynolds) 2-0 MULLION

Att - 20

RNAS CULDROSE (Steven Hughes, Jamie Thompson, Eric Young) 3-3 WENDRON CC UNITED RESERVES (Terry Richardson 3)

Att - 15

ST JUST (Stuart Nicholls) 1-2 NEWQUAY RESERVES (Dave Rabone, Paul Robinson)

Att - 30

Culdrose 3 - 3 wendron res

culdrose scorers hughes, thompson, young

wendron think there centre back may have bagged a hatrick :o

ht 2-1

crowd 25

fair result on reflection culdrose had chances but failed to take them hitting the bar twice and the post wendron took the 3 chances they had well and maybe could of had a penalty.

ref - young lad locke had very good game 9/10

As our game was called off today a couple of us went down to see penzance play ludgvan as we wanted to see a few goals go flying in, but in fairness to ludvan the score was kept to 0-0 at half time evn though penzance were outclassing there opponents. As soon as the second half began penzance continued to outplay ludgvan and to be fair made them look like awful despite there efforts and as soon as one went in you could tell there was more goals to come.

i dont want to put ludgvan down coz there was alot of commitment their but what i seen was not to good at all, i think we only seen them string two passes together once and to honest alot of them didnt look like they had a clue which is why i was thinking that even alot of mining league teams could of put a few past ludgvan today and i think that maybe this side are a little out of there depth in the combonation league.

Helston 4 - 7 Holmans (HT 1-2)

Attendence 30

Holmans Goalscorers

Daniel Bell 3

Daniel Jewell 2

Frazer Cadman 1

Mark Mitchell 1

Holmans in control for the first 20min but a depleted Helston side fought back in the 2nd period of the 1st half and were for the first 10mins of the 2nd the more dangerous side. Holmans then went 1-3 up which seemed to kill off the home side for a period until a last crazy 15 mins which saw 6 goals flying in for both sides as they both kept pushing leaving their defences wide open.

Much needed win for Holmans who have over the last few weeks been putting in some good displays but not reaping the rewards. Helston have an early chance for revenge as the 2 sides meet again at Blaythorne next week. Will it be another 11 goal thriller???

........mining league teams could of put a few past ludgvan today and i think that maybe this side are a little out of there depth in the combonation league.

.....ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha oh feck me ha ha ho ho ho ho haaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha you could be right there ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha brilliant ha haaaa ha ha best post of the year so far by miles ha ha ha ha ha thanks Mr. St. Ives ha ha ha ha ha oh my ribs ha ha ha ha haaaa......

........mining league teams could of put a few past ludgvan today and i think that maybe this side are a little out of there depth in the combonation league.

.....ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha oh feck me ha ha ho ho ho ho haaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha you could be right there ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha brilliant ha haaaa ha ha best post of the year so far by miles ha ha ha ha ha thanks Mr. St. Ives ha ha ha ha ha oh my ribs ha ha ha ha haaaa......

dont take offence mangle but it what i saw, and hahahahahahahahahaha if ludgvan werent out of there depth maybe they wouldnt of conceded a gazillion goals and may not be at the bottom of the league hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha. and tbh yeah ive seen better footballing sides in the mining league at least they actaully get the ball down and paly football.

St Just 1 - 2 Newquay

Newquay made the long trip to Lafrowda Park and took away all three points after a very competitive game in typically blustery conditions.

The early stages of the game were fairly equal, although Newquay strikers Dave Rabone and Orrin Crowle may have done better when faced with presentable opportunities early on. Driven on by Curnow, St Just fought back and used the long ball to their advantage, although they failed to create any genuine chances. Newquay were hit with an early injury when Mitchell Stevens limped off with a muscular injury and striker Michael Rabone took up the vacant right midfield position.

Newquay struggled in the latter stages of the first half and the momentum was firmly with St Just. Newquay had a warning when a St Just striker cut through the defence and drove the ball against the post from the right, the ball rebounded to Michael Rabone who hooked the ball clear. Within a matter of minutes an almost identical move was finished with a similar strike, this time the ball went in via the post and St Just had some momentum. Although Newquay did not allow their heads to drop, there were some tight moments late in the first half that resulted in some desperate defending. Newquay continued to make occasional chances and Orrin Crowle was unlucky not to carve out an opening after creating space for himself in the box. St Just's talented young player Tom Mannering provided the entertainement in the first half, attempting to execute an overhead kick from a throw-in out on the far side, although he somehow managed to be hit by the ball and fell over in the process.

After some strong words from Andy Bicknell and Matt Darwent, Newquay went out for the second half with greater belief and were confident that they could take all three points from a St Just side that are rarely beaten at home. The first half didn't start well, Michael Rabone was required to make a last ditch tackle when the St Just striker looked destined to score and Newquay were pegged back by a series of St Just corners, with Curnow lifting the ball just wide when in front of goal. Newquay hit back when a quick free kick from Paul Robertson from the right found Michael Rabone, who slotted the ball through to David Rabone just inside the box. Rabone was crudely taken down with a tackle from behind and the referee awarded a penalty. Debutant Paul Robertson stepped up and expertly slotted the ball in the right corner of the net, sending the St Just 'keeper the wrong way.

Newquay had the momentum and could have gone ahead, Michael Rabone won a tackle in the midfield and slotted a through ball into the path of the advancing Paul Robertson, who lined up his strike and watched on as his shot deflected agonisingly wide. However, it wasn't long before Newquay were ahead. Orrin Crowle worked hard and caused problems down the left wing during the second half, he beat his marker and whipped in a perfect ball that bounced just outside the six yard box and David Rabone lifted the ball over the advancing Curnow in the St Just goal for the winner. During the last fifteen minutes Newquay continued to attack and were unlucky not to add to the scoreline when a perfectly executed volley from Paul Robertson hit the crossbar and bounced down onto the line, the referee (who had an excellent game) seemed well placed to make a decision and the goal was not given. Robertson also had a penalty claim turned away and St Just were unable to put the Newquay defence under any pressure.

To their credit, this was another excellent victory for Newquay who had five strikers on the pitch due to injuries and unavailable players, that will not be tarnished by the appalling scenes that followed as the game petered out.

Man of the match - David Rabone - Played the second half carrying an injury and netted an excellent winner.

Mr. St. Ives, far from taking offence, I enjoyed reading your post. The fact that you have identified Ludgvan are out of their depth, glancing at the league table, I think you have understated their position. Good luck to you lot and give my mate Steadman a kick up the arse when you next see him!

Guest TinHead

well done to Portreath you will find no excuses from Mullion we were not good enough on the day however we are looking forward to the return match, Mr Britton nice of you to leave the inprints on the lads legs.........

Mr. St. Ives, far from taking offence, I enjoyed reading your post. The fact that you have identified Ludgvan are out of their depth, glancing at the league table, I think you have understated their position. Good luck to you lot and give my mate Steadman a kick up the arse when you next see him!

o right hahaha i thought u played for ludgvan and u didnt like my comment sorry mangle, yeah off course i know they arnt a good side but havnt yet played them and was the first time i had watched them and was so suprised to see how bad they actually were, haha if i give steadman a kick up the arse id get knocked out lol hahaha but yeah he been hitting the goals in for us this season. cheers

St Just 1 - 2 Newquay

Newquay made the long trip to Lafrowda Park and took away all three points after a very competitive game in typically blustery conditions.

The early stages of the game were fairly equal, although Newquay strikers Dave Rabone and Orrin Crowle may have done better when faced with presentable opportunities early on. Driven on by Curnow, St Just fought back and used the long ball to their advantage, although they failed to create any genuine chances. Newquay were hit with an early injury when Mitchell Stevens limped off with a muscular injury and striker Michael Rabone took up the vacant right midfield position.

Newquay struggled in the latter stages of the first half and the momentum was firmly with St Just. Newquay had a warning when a St Just striker cut through the defence and drove the ball against the post from the right, the ball rebounded to Michael Rabone who hooked the ball clear. Within a matter of minutes an almost identical move was finished with a similar strike, this time the ball went in via the post and St Just had some momentum. Although Newquay did not allow their heads to drop, there were some tight moments late in the first half that resulted in some desperate defending. Newquay continued to make occasional chances and Orrin Crowle was unlucky not to carve out an opening after creating space for himself in the box. St Just's talented young player Tom Mannering provided the entertainement in the first half, attempting to execute an overhead kick from a throw-in out on the far side, although he somehow managed to be hit by the ball and fell over in the process.

After some strong words from Andy Bicknell and Matt Darwent, Newquay went out for the second half with greater belief and were confident that they could take all three points from a St Just side that are rarely beaten at home. The first half didn't start well, Michael Rabone was required to make a last ditch tackle when the St Just striker looked destined to score and Newquay were pegged back by a series of St Just corners, with Curnow lifting the ball just wide when in front of goal. Newquay hit back when a quick free kick from Paul Robertson from the right found Michael Rabone, who slotted the ball through to David Rabone just inside the box. Rabone was crudely taken down with a tackle from behind and the referee awarded a penalty. Debutant Paul Robertson stepped up and expertly slotted the ball in the right corner of the net, sending the St Just 'keeper the wrong way.

Newquay had the momentum and could have gone ahead, Michael Rabone won a tackle in the midfield and slotted a through ball into the path of the advancing Paul Robertson, who lined up his strike and watched on as his shot deflected agonisingly wide. However, it wasn't long before Newquay were ahead. Orrin Crowle worked hard and caused problems down the left wing during the second half, he beat his marker and whipped in a perfect ball that bounced just outside the six yard box and David Rabone lifted the ball over the advancing Curnow in the St Just goal for the winner. During the last fifteen minutes Newquay continued to attack and were unlucky not to add to the scoreline when a perfectly executed volley from Paul Robertson hit the crossbar and bounced down onto the line, the referee (who had an excellent game) seemed well placed to make a decision and the goal was not given. Robertson also had a penalty claim turned away and St Just were unable to put the Newquay defence under any pressure.

To their credit, this was another excellent victory for Newquay who had five strikers on the pitch due to injuries and unavailable players, that will not be tarnished by the appalling scenes that followed as the game petered out.

Man of the match - David Rabone - Played the second half carrying an injury and netted an excellent winner.

What were the appauling scenes Mike who was involved

Hello Winno, it appears that somebody (not sure who) has posted a thread in the Combo section that will explain all. I don't personally believe that this is the best place to share such information about the incident, the victim and the perpetrator, as Newquay won a tough game in a fair and professional manner. However, I am sure you will agree that such unwarranted and unnecessary behaviour has no place in local football.

I'm surprised the game went ahead yesterday, SF thought it was ok but the topside of the pitch was

still frozen & little dangerous but hey....we got 3 points.

I dont think it was a great game to watch but both sides tried to play football on a terrible pitch & we deserved the 3 points. Both sides had chances but Mullion couldnt find the killer touch in front of goal which cost them in the end. A blatant penalty was not given for us which pretty much sums up our luck this season.

Just like to say well done to our managment team with their match preparation which included the team consuming a bottle of champagne. :drink::clapper:

Never done that before......

Hello Winno, it appears that somebody (not sure who) has posted a thread in the Combo section that will explain all. I don't personally believe that this is the best place to share such information about the incident, the victim and the perpetrator, as Newquay won a tough game in a fair and professional manner. However, I am sure you will agree that such unwarranted and unnecessary behaviour has no place in local football.

Mike, Its Shaun, I wrote that last night. I wont be going on to name names either, and i know you have his. It is a couple of years of pent up frustration. About time something was said to be honest. Just interested to see what some people from their club have to say. :D

Thanks, everything you have written is very fair, my responsibility is to write match reports for the local paper and I will represent facts and keep the most significant things in proportion. For me, the event at the end of the game does not warrant my time and I do not wish to inflict it upon others. Newquay thoroughly deserved their win after a much better display in the second half.

It appears that Rodney is an intelligent and articulate man, so I hope that he can help us understand what triggered the events yesterday because I really don't have any idea how or why the reaction materialised.

Guest Peppermint

Well said Shaun and Mike - I know how frustrating football can be at times and you were very diplomatic in your comments. Mike writes, as he says, for the local newpaper and his reports are always fair and the content excellent. How he can remember everything and play as well is amazing!

These two players are only two of a very committed and dedicated bunch of players we are privileged to have representing the Club. Both first team and second team are represented by almost predominatly local players.Well done lads.