Cornwall Football Forum

junior cup results

Guest geachy1

Redruth Utd 2 - 0 Robartes (h/t 1-0)

Best team won on the day Robartes just could not cope with Redruths quick pass and move game, some tasty challenges from Robartes but the ref did well to keep things under control and to be honest Redruth should have had a few more but for some poor finishing, well done to both teams for trying to play football on a pretty poor pitch

TRISPEN 0 TROON 4.

well done to Troon.well deserved in the end.Big well done to Trispen as well.Mike was without Sweeter,Rappo,and Tony Penrose in the starting line up.kept it at 0-0 for 63 minutes and were the better side first half hitting the woodwork twice.Good luck to Troon,will take a good side to stop them going all the way i would imagine. :clapper:

Guest spurs03

constantine played there best football of the season today,and it was a great result and the match was played in great spirits. hats of to newlyn there heads never dropped and were a credit to the mining league and them selves, and we know that they can play better than that,but on the day constantine didnt allow them too, good luck to the newlyn boys for the rest of the season.

Constantine 9 Newlyn 1. Well said spurs03, exactly right. We were short of a few players and had a make shift defence, but credit where credit is due, we lost to the better team. 2-0 down early on, never really got started and played to about 10% of what we can, gifting Constantine a few of their goals. Constantine played brilliantly though excellent simple, one touch passing, pace on the wings and solid at the back, thoroughly deserved win just wished we had given a better account of ourselves.

Really well played game though, good spirits and a nice bunch of lads and club officials. They will do well in the Junior Cup and be pushing for the title if they play like that every week. Good luck for the next round and the rest of the season.

Guest ECPL Supporter

Great result again for Edgcumbe. They really are looking good. Hopefully they will get what they deserve this season and start proving how good they are in the ECPL

A tough derby with Fal town to-day,4-1 a little flattering as Town played very well. First goal went ath way when a shot rattled the Town crossbar and Tim Hurrel the Town linesman gave a very honest decision in saying that the ball crossed the line.This fired Town up and 10minutes later they drew level when Ross Bowden scored from close range. Second half and Ath started the stronger with several good attempts Then after a good run Shepherd hit a fierce shot into the top corner,shortly afterwards jeffrey rattled the town cross bar and mooro tapped in the rebound,few minutes later Ath were awadrded a penalty with Shepherd claiming his second.

Constantine 9 Newlyn 1

Well played Constantine, we were under-strength, but make no excuses you all played very well and we had an off day. In fact it could have been more if not for our keeper. We were outclassed. Also makes a change to not get kicked all over the park, just beaten by good football.

Best of luck in the season, and we hope you go all the way in the Junior Cup. Ref had a good game too.

Madron - 0 - 1 - Perranporth

Starting line up:

J. Preece, R. Watts, S. McDonnell, M. Bennetts, J. Walters, R. Hosking, T. Ansell, A. Perkins, J. Cox,

R. Brandreth, D. Penna

Substitutes:

S. Gregory, S. Harper, J. Mclellan

Goalscorer:

A. Perkins

A.Perkins scored, next you'll tell me it was a header ha ha.

He'll be out on the lash celebrating JTW :drink:

Thats true! Can't blame him really, Perrans Junior Cup run continues.

Is it the last 8 now in the west section?

:D

TRISPEN 0 TROON 4.

well done to Troon.well deserved in the end.Big well done to Trispen as well.Mike was without Sweeter,Rappo,and Tony Penrose in the starting line up.kept it at 0-0 for 63 minutes and were the better side first half hitting the woodwork twice.Good luck to Troon,will take a good side to stop them going all the way i would imagine. :clapper:

was there any reason for the trispen boys having so many players out? are you going to have a full strength team for next week?

Trispen 0 Troon afc 4

We would like to thank Mike and Rappo for getting this game on after a difficult week. The weather has hampered their efforts in preparing the pitch, but they did a fantastic job.

In no way did this scoreline reflect the efforts of Trispen today, at times we were outplayed in the first half , their was some stout defending by Simon Lavis, Chris Woods, Scott Grant, Daniel Mitchell and Jason Smeeth that help us on our way to a tremendous victory.

I would have to agree with Mike that our second half performance was as at level that we expect, with Daniel Bell and Shane Richards performing well up front.

Also delighted with our midfield quartet of Bell,Marles,Reynolds and Smeeth who dominated the second half. This enabled a platform for the rest of the team to perform.

Good luck to Trispen for the rest of the season, you have a great team lads..... and have loads to play for this season.

But most of all good luck to Mike and Rappo who are both good friends of mine and well respective from all us of at Troon AFC.

Cheers Reno

THANKS RENO THOUGHT YOU DESERVED IT 2ND HALF GREAT STRIKE FOR THE IMPORTANT 1ST GOAL , ENJOYED THE FIRST HALF BOTH TEAMS PLAYED SOME GOOD FOOTBALL IT WILL TAKE A VERY GOOD SIDE TO STOP YOU NOW.

Guest ECPL Supporter

Edgcumbe going really well ecpl supportor but what have they won so far. NOTHING i beleive is the answer so don't go counting your chickens about the ecpl just yet. Only one team go up this year and St Teath and Torpoint are still going strong.

Who rattled your cage? Of course nothing has been won yet, it's not even Christmas!!! I was only saying i hope they do go up as they're a quality side who deserve to be playing at that level.

Troon's goal scorers were :-

Danny bell, one of the best goals i've seen in ages, half volley looping over the keepers head from just outside of the box!

Jamie Marles, Goalkeeper mis-kicked the ball and i whacked it from about 40 yards first time...!beauty! learnt everything i know from beefy...

Richie Ward, short corner by danny bell and me, drilled into the box from richie to score into the top corner with his left!

Shane Richards, the big lad finally got what he'd deserved when he was put through by beefy, beat one and then beat the keeper, who by the way was class in goal, never dropped a thing! also big up to trispoens left and right winers who were both class too! but then again they were only up against beefy and woody....!! lol

all the best to trispen who i think will win that league with that squad.

Who rattled my cage?

Just saying they haven't won anything yet not saying they not a good side because they certainly are, just get pissed off with everyone saying how they deserve to be in the ECPL like nobody else does. Some of us remember what s*it facilities they made everyone endure for years when playing on sheep sh*t and no changing facilities to use.

My club like many other have had to work hard to keep our facilities clean and tidy for visiting teams, when they didn't give a t**s about there's, so please excuse me for not getting excited about a team who didn't gice a monkey's about other teams.

Sorry for having an opinion on the so called golden team ECPL Supportor.

johnnie we used to get to football an hour early every sat to clear the sheep shit. if we didnt give a shit we would still be playing there. we had no choice but to play there. the league accepted it. teams having facilities like that is wot makes football so special. st dennis isnt exactly 'the home of football' you need to stop being a snob!!!

we got our own electricity set up and we had to mark the pitch before every game. most of our players were about 18 so couldnt really afford a stadium or anything!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Edgcumb are a great side i agree but lets remember Ecpl supporter they finished 4th in the premier last season so they dont deserve to be playing a higher standard! When they do finish in the top 2 which i dont doubt they will, then they will deserve to play up there!!!!!

Guest ECPL Supporter

I can't argue with that as the league never lies but as with your team tafc gaffa, we both know that if they weren't all such good friends and loyal to eachother then about 10 of them would be playing ECPL with other clubs anyway. I also think they have a better squad this season than last. And as for the lad from St Dennis comments about their facilities i think that is all behind them now and they have made a big effort to have the right things in place if they were to go up. I actually remember playing an ECPL game at St Dennis once where we couldn't get in the changing rooms til about 40 mins before kick off, then the showers were cold after. Not that i'd hold it against them though

haha johnnie, i know our facilities were crap but honestly we did try and make them the best for opponents even if it wasnt good enuf. like ecpl said it is behind us now. i think what he meant by us deserving it is that we had to go from div 4 all the way up but i agree that we dont deserve to go up until we win the league which will hopefully be this year but it is going to be well hard with teams like u torpoint and st teath challenging. plus teams like looe 2. we will see.

Guest hellboy

Unlucky to Trispen would of liked to see them beat Troon. Where were all the troon comments when you lost against Illogan. If Troon face Chacewater they will be going out Troon lost to Illogan in the league Chacewater beat illogan in the Junior cup i feel Chacewater will be far to strong for troonn they have some quality players throughout the team and may i also add without paying any players like Troon im sorry but when playing for money in these leagues it means nothing, Playing for pride and passion and for your mates you cant beat that no matter how much money your on in these leagues. Chacewater for the Junior cup this year, already beaten and well Holmans, Illogan, Threemilestone, need i say anymore.

jonnie bates, they were hard times up at Maker church, but on a nice day it was a great place to play football. As skyblues said, we did all we could up there, the changing rooms (old dog kennels) we ended up using was a listed building so we could do nothing with them regarding electricity/showers. We did used to go up to clear up the sheep s**t an hour before meeting time, let alone kick off, and we knew other teams kicked off, and thats the reason why we always did so well at home as most teams were beaten before kick off. but its not as if we didnt give a toss there was just not a lot we could do. but now we are at millbrook and grateful for there facilities, but not getting ahead of oursleves, but we believe we deserve to be up in the ecpl, and respect that there are other teams in our league who are also good enough to be up there.

HAYLE 2 ST BURYAN 4

St.Buryan were deservedly 3 nil up after 35 mins with goals from kirby (Tristan Nankervis) direct from corner, Doggy (Mark George) scored the second and a stunning goal from pieman (Gareth May, a 35 yard lob) made it 3 and to be fair it could of been more at this stage, but fair credit to Hayle who never gave up. They won a harsh penalty just before the break which seemed to knock us out of our stride.

Second half was dominated by Hayle who deserved there second and also hit the crossbar and one off the line, before an own goal/doggy put St. Buryan through to the last 8, although all of our missed chances nearly came back to haunt us.

Impressd with Hayle's young side especially two guys up front who were very lively and best of luck within there respective league and comps for this year.

ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE DRAW TAKES PLACE?

Guest cool beans

troon only talk when they have got someing good to say bout them selfes

the league is gone for troon and i dont think there win the junior cup

i like most people think the sooner they **** off to the combo the better :P

cool beans what are you on about?! man utd are behind in the league, would you write them off?!! dont think so bud! obviously i'm not comparing troon to man u, but just making a point that you should never write anything off too early, i mean look at you managing to write 3 big sentences like that....theres hope for us all....... lol :P

Hellboy i saw chacewater play holmans in a mid week game earlier in the season when they totally out classed chacewater winning 3-0 so i would say that was beaten and well! lol.

troon only talk when they have got someing good to say bout them selfes

the league is gone for troon and i dont think there win the junior cup

i like most people think the sooner they **** off to the combo the better :P

The wheels punctured on our lawn mower, happy! :P

Hellboy i saw chacewater play holmans in a mid week game earlier in the season when they totally out classed chacewater winning 3-0 so i would say that was beaten and well! lol.

I also watched the match and agree with you,phats,Chacewater were outplayed and outclassed in that evening match.Been a turnaround in both teams fortunes since though,wouldn't you agree?

Soccer follower i wud agree that holmans and chacewaters fortunes and form has changed since then but chacewater would have 2play 10 times better than they did that eve too beat troon i think,have they turned it around that much? if so would be a good game 2c.