Gulval Res 2 Cornish New Boys 0

Madron 0 West Cornwall 2

Newlyn NA 4 Ludgvan 7

St Buryan 5 Wendron United 2

St Ives Mariners 7 Redruth United 1

Guest bundithegreat

div 2

sennan 4- 0 portreath reserves

we went down to sennan with 5 missing players and came back with not alot to show for our efforts!!!!

we are looking for players to join the squad so if you are not happy were you are or not enjoying your football we would be happy to hear from you, we play in mining 2 and combination league, we dont charge players subs all we ask is you put in 100% on a saturday!!!

you can pm me on here and ill be more than happy to have you come along to a training session and see what you think

thank

Mining 1 League Result

Troon FC 17 Trispen 1 ht 7-0

Hats off to the Trispen lads, all you guys were a credit to your club, totally irrelevant of the score, your attitude towards the game, referree, and our players was fantatsic. I appreciate it was a difficult day and no one likes losing by such a margain, but their was a togetherness that you all should be proud off.

Cheers Reno

Halestown 2 - 5 Newlyn Non Athletico

Good spirited game played in tricky conditions. The scoreline flatters Newlyn slightly, and Halestown played some good football, but weren't quite as clinical with their chances. Adam Strowger scored a hat-trick in around ten minutes during the second half, which took his tally to 12 in the last 4 games, and 22 in total for the season so far!

Referee did a good job, and Halestown were one of the most competent and fairest sides we have played this campaign.

Good luck for the rest of the season!

NNAFC.

Mining 1 League Result

Troon FC 17 Trispen 1 ht 7-0

Hats off to the Trispen lads, all you guys were a credit to your club, totally irrelevant of the score, your attitude towards the game, referree, and our players was fantatsic. I appreciate it was a difficult day and no one likes losing by such a margain, but their was a togetherness that you all should be proud off.

Cheers Reno

RIGGINS74 COULD WE PLEASE HAVE A MATCH REPORT WITH GOAL SCORERS ETC. CHEERS

Division 3

Newlyn NA Res 4 Ludgvan Res 7

Newlyn were 1-0 up at half time and looking the better side. Must have been quite some team talk because Ludgvan came out after half-time a totally different team and scored at least three contenders for goal of the season as they went 7-1 up before we woke up again and pulled three back. Crazy game played in a good spirit, well reffed by Paul Murphy.

Guest theforceuk

St Just Res 4 - 5 St Ives Town Res! HT/3-2

Entertaining game could have gone either way, but about time we won a close game!

St Ives goals:-

Mike Peck 3

Harris

James Warrel

Troon 17 v 1 Trispen

Well as Reno has already stated, well done to the away team here for not giving up.....and actually scoring the last goal of the game, which as i'm led to believe has got your boys all 3 points, as someone shouted "next goal wins...."??!!! lol !! but good effort, never gave up and never stopped playing football...

I can see why Trispino would like to see who the scorers were as we have got your 1st in the cup in a couple of weeks, so your dangermen are........all 11 of them!! lol ! but no seriously there was 7 different scorers,one of them from Trispen...! lol ! I would normally do a full match report but i cant remember half the goals, other than my screamer obviously!!! lol !! but heres the scorers. from Troon.......

Danny bell 7

Shane richards 4

Gary bell 2

Jamie marles 1

Stuart smeeth 1

Clayton reynolds 1

OG 1

All the best to Trispen for the rest of the season from all at Troon AFC....

Cornish new boys suffered their first loss to Gulval in division 3 2-0

Gulval were the better team on the day but the score line flatters their preformance.

When we turned up, (the same as last season) we were told that there wasn't a ref but they had brought their own guy who was a grade 5 standard. After the 3rd 2 footed stud showing through the back of 1 of my players challenge we knew that the ref wasn't going to do us any favors. Don't get me wrong we didn't deserve to win today we was terrible.

There linesman/ manager / (player, only say player as he was 3m inside the touch all game and at 1 point was using the 18yard box as the line he was following). Was awful!!!!!!! At points he was telling his team that we ain't going to beat them playing football so make sure you go through them. We didn't have the oppertunity to play today as to busy looking over our shoulder to make sure we didn't end up with broken legs.

Time after time stupid dangerous takles happened, 1 of which was by our team.... but the closest the ref came to giving a card was to me, The new boys manager. I asked a simple question of how long he had been part of Gulval. Which promptly he stopped the game for and took my name and told me 12 years.

WELL DONE to the gulval players who was there to play football, but i hope the 3 or 4 of you that were the most dangerous players i've ever seen....I hope you can sleep tonight.

Also Pendeens manager i would care if you didn't threaten my players, and i quote "If you think thats bad boy, wait till you come down and play us" This is the guy who last time we played them had a fit on the pitch and while his team ran the other direction we hooked his tounge out the back of his throat and put him in the recovery possition so the bloke didn't die... Saying thanks for that i think would have been more fitting.

Any how well done Gulval apart from a few of you and your manager you was a good bunch of guys..WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!! Also 2 well taken goals.

Well done to my lads at Spice today. Decent game played in the right spirit. Spice were under strength to be fair but the result was a fair reflection on the amount of play and chances we had.

Three 17 year old lads on the pitch again today so was pleased to see the amount of football we played.

Also big shout out to the Reserves with their win over CNB's halting their unbeaten run. Unfortunately as you can see from the 1st elevens result I took a strong side to Redruth. There were no ringers. Whether you like Rhondda or not is a matter of taste. I know he is not everyones cup of tea but I find he is fairly likeable as a matter of fact!

As for the ref, he was Len Stevens, who I think most will say is not the worst in the world.

Gaff I am sorry that you did not enjoy your day in West Cornwall but sometimes you gotta take it on the chin.

6 points for Gulval today, 10 goals in total, none conceded.

I'm off out for a pint!

:drink:

Well done to my lads at Spice today. Decent game played in the right spirit. Spice were under strength to be fair but the result was a fair reflection on the amount of play and chances we had.

Three 17 year old lads on the pitch again today so was pleased to see the amount of football we played.

Also big shout out to the Reserves with their win over CNB's halting their unbeaten run. Unfortunately as you can see from the 1st elevens result I took a strong side to Redruth. There were no ringers. Whether you like Rhondda or not is a matter of taste. I know he is not everyones cup of tea but I find he is fairly likeable as a matter of fact!

As for the ref, he was Len Stevens, who I think most will say is not the worst in the world.

Gaff I am sorry that you did not enjoy your day in West Cornwall but sometimes you gotta take it on the chin.

6 points for Gulval today, 10 goals in total, none conceded.

I'm off out for a pint!

:drink:

I don't acctually remember mentioning anything about ringers........how come thats been brought up, and also said that we wasn't good enough to win...so to be fair how is that not taking it on the chin. When the game was played as it was today, you had to be there to understand. AGAIN I SAY well done gulval as obviously you was a little selective on what you read.

Thanks Gaff, you are right. Gulval were by far the better side on the day .First 20 both sides playing neat football, but cancelling each other out. we started to dominate by closing down early & putting pressure on the ball.Now to the crux of your moans..? The referee that was appointed called at 2:10 & told me he was held up in traffic. & wouldn't be able to make it. Lenny Stevens was watching ( I will invite others opinions about the quality of this ref just to clear up any doubt about his integrity.?)stepped in to take the middle.

Now, as linesman/manager(player) for Gulval i cannot see where you are coming from..?In all of these"leg breaking tackles", all got up quickly & carried on with the game.None of you players complained..? & gave as good as they got. Only from the sidelines was there any moaning..The 18 yard line is where we stop when we defend free kicks so. i would need to be there to be up with play, & i only had to raise the flag once in 90 minutes.? i must have been awful.? As for calling some of my players dangerous ......? You must have led a very sheltered footballing life ? & rest assured they will sleep like babies.

I think Gaff, you have had a wake up call?, grow a thicker skin , toughen up & learn from it. It's football.!!Instead of trying to look for excuses (Dirty play.?ref.? lino..? )accept the defeat..regroup ,& go again next week.You have a good little side there.

Oh & we have a very nice clubhouse . shame you couldn't stay & have a chat ..?

All the best with the rest of your season from all at Gulval.

Thanks Gaff, you are right. Gulval were by far the better side on the day .First 20 both sides playing neat football, but cancelling each other out. we started to dominate by closing down early & putting pressure on the ball.Now to the crux of your moans..? The referee that was appointed called at 2:10 & told me he was held up in traffic. & wouldn't be able to make it. Lenny Stevens was watching ( I will invite others opinions about the quality of this ref just to clear up any doubt about his integrity.?)stepped in to take the middle.

Now, as linesman/manager(player) for Gulval i cannot see where you are coming from..?In all of these"leg breaking tackles", all got up quickly & carried on with the game.None of you players complained..? & gave as good as they got. Only from the sidelines was there any moaning..The 18 yard line is where we stop when we defend free kicks so. i would need to be there to be up with play, & i only had to raise the flag once in 90 minutes.? i must have been awful.? As for calling some of my players dangerous ......? You must have led a very sheltered footballing life ? & rest assured they will sleep like babies.

I think Gaff, you have had a wake up call?, grow a thicker skin , toughen up & learn from it. It's football.!!Instead of trying to look for excuses (Dirty play.?ref.? lino..? )accept the defeat..regroup ,& go again next week.You have a good little side there.

Oh & we have a very nice clubhouse . shame you couldn't stay & have a chat ..?

All the best with the rest of your season from all at Gulval.

When i say 18 yard box you was stood on the pitch over on the side of the box not on the touch line.(it's been and gone forgotten already). As said in previous message WELL DONE! Not saying my boys didn't get straight back up from the tackles thats what i've told them to do. We ain't like other teams who want to roll around on the floor, but you and me both know that tackles from behind like that can cause serious injurys and to be fair it's div 3 we're playing in meant to be fun and be able to go to work on monday morning, not A+E on saturday evening. I also said you guys deserved to win and that we wasn't good enough. We have asked the boys about your changing room key and none of them have seen it. I open the door and left it in the lock have you asked all your guys to see if one has picked it up. If it does turn up we will make sure it's returned promptly. Sorry we didn't stay It's a mates birthday, did say to a few of your guys.

MINING LEAGUE TWO

SENNEN 4 V PORTREATH RES 0

P BUTLER(2)P JACKSON(1)R.SPENCE(1)

GOOD ALL ROUND PERFORMANCE PLAYED IN GOOD SPIRIT.WELL HANDLED BY REF..WITH NOT MUCH FUSS

gwinear 2-3 halsetown

hit the post twice :(

yes gwinear unfortunate not too get anything today battled from start to finish took lead after halsetown clearance edge off box hit player on back and looped over our keeper, we seemed to think we only had too turn up to take the points, we hit post and missed numerous chances, in the end had to come back from 2-1 down with two ian hodge goals too win 3-2 we only really played well last twenty minutes,no sour grapes and no excuses but the grass was very long as well, well played gwinear.

GAFF, you need to take a note on how to conduct yourself from your right back (number 2).. During the game after one HARD BUT FAIR challenge he walked upto me and that short player you have with "little mans syndrome" and openly said, "look both teams are challenging hard so just get on with it".. That lad has alot of common sense and was superb all the way through.

"Ringers" was brought up because some of your players were downstairs waiting to get in the changing room after the game and were asking aechother and me how many first teamers we had in, to which I replied, "do you honestly believe that we had first teamers in", the response I received was "your striker told us that you had three first teamers in", so I asked him to tell me which striker said it and to my amazement he wouldn't point out the player in question.. What a revelation that was :rolleyes: .. Then a voice of reason bellowed from your changing room with the words "for gods sake, we lost, why can't you just lose graciously".. What a great question, answers on a postcard please...

You were beaten by a better team and you were never going to beat us because you were too busy moaning about anything and everything. BY THE WAY, the words you used when shouting to the ref were "how fuc**ing long have you been playing for Gulval ref", so you were bloody lucky that he only took your name. Also the boy with "little mans syndrome" called the linesman a "cu*t" and another player called him a "fuc**ng cheat", yet you still finished the game with eleven men and have the nerve to come on here and complain about the referee.

You are unbelievably hypocritical because you're all ALWAYS going about how upset you all get because people call you pikeys etc, yet your moronic goons on the sidelines were constantly goading my players and inviting us off the pitch to fight and the one guy spent the whole game calling me a c**t and even threatened to KILL ME because I was laughing at everything he had to say.

Here's the facts for you fella, your boys LOST. Your boys got BEATEN FAIR AND SQUARE (MOST of your boys even said so), You deserve ALL the abuse you get if that's how your supporters behave every week, Last season we came to your ground and the referee also coincidentally didn't turn up, so one of your boys did it and you didn't seem to bring that up inyour rant, why is that?? :unsure: .. The referee yesterday IS an official ref and a VERY respected one (except by your saintly mob ofcourse :rolleyes: ). Your criticism of Rhondda is nothing short of laughable and childish and I think an apology is due BUT doubt very much it will be forthcoming?.

You have no divine right to victory and need to learn to accept that there are teams out there that are better than you. You need to learn to deal with defeat and you definately need to muzzle your thuggish contingent on the sidelines because from what I witnessed and personally endured yesterday, you're a disgrace to local football..

You're so convinced about everything you put in your rant, so I have a suggestion.. Why not open a seperate topic entitled "GULVAL AFC, THE TRUTH" and get the opinions of EVERY other club that has ever come up against Gulval, met Rhondda and had Lenny Stevens as an official. Then IN MY OPINION you'll see that we are something of a respected club with a good reputation and much liked players and representatives. BUT then again, knowing your attitude and the attitude of your "supporters", everyone else will be wrong and you'll still be right.

Over and out :c:

:angry2: Oh my god, how boring from both sides! we lost end of!!!

By the way Coopsie, the view of our supporters in no way reflects the view of the club their there to support certain individuals we cant stop them sayin anything unfortunately!

Good luck for the rest of your season!

Oh one last thing, the two guys who play centre back for you were two of the nicest guys ive played against, and enjoyed a good bit of banter all the way through this so called horror match.

:c:

Mining 1

Gwinear Churchtown 2 Halsetown 3

Illogan RBL 3 Robarts 1

Redruth United 3 Four Lanes 5

St Just 4 St Ives Town 5

Spice of Life 0 Gulval 8

Troon 17 Trispen 1

Mining 2

Crown Inn Glory 3 Mousehole 1

Halsetown 2 Newlyn NA 5

Illogan 2 Chasewater 2

Mount Ambrose 4 Goonhavern 5

Sennen 4 Portreath 0

Titians 1 St Agnes 4

Mining 3

Gulval Res 2 Cornish New Boys 0

Madron 0 West Cornwall 2

Newlyn NA 4 Ludgvan 7

St Buryan 5 Wendron United 2

St Ives Mariners 7 Redruth United 1

Cornish new boys suffered their first loss to Gulval in division 3 2-0

When we turned up, (the same as last season) we were told that there wasn't a ref but they had brought their own guy who was a grade 5 standard.

Firstly it isnt the Home side's fault the Ref was unable to make the match, and very lucky Len Stevens a good, fair and impartial Ref was on hand and decent enough to step in at short notice!

You have no divine right to victory and need to learn to accept that there are teams out there that are better than you. You need to learn to deal with defeat and you definately need to muzzle your thuggish contingent on the sidelines because from what I witnessed and personally endured yesterday, you're a disgrace to local football..

I did'nt see the game but in my experience Gulval are a good Club, who play hard but fair and love a bit of banter and New Boys, in only there second Season are an ambitious Club with some great players that are being let down by a select few! They've worked hard to address certain issues and before yesterday had at times played some lovely football!

Unfortunately its gone to some of there heads a bit and was only a matter of time before someone brought them down to earth!

Its a good result for Gulval and a wake up call for New Boys, Good Luck to both sides in the future

We, Four Lanes were 4-0 up at half time with goals from Will Buse (2), Mark Butcher and Jimmy Stevens.

We played some very neat football and were causing Redruth numerous problems with our pace and movement in the final third, with Uniteds main chances coming on the counter attack. Jimmy Stevens and Tom Blaber were superb throughout the match up front with Joe Crossman pulling the strings in the middle.

Redruth, moving to a more direct approach in the 2nd half caused us a few problems and conceding an early goal got their tails up. We got a little sloppy and failed to control the game in the same manner as the 1st half. A 5th goal for us by Pete Jeffrey sealed the win despite a United 'comeback'.

All things considered it was a deserved win for Four Lanes with 3 new players making their debuts - Jimmy Stevens, Pete Jeffrey and Tom Blaber.

Man of the match was Jimmy Stevens - superb!! :clapper:

Thanks to Redruth United for a good game and good luck for the rest of the season.

:angry2: Oh my god, how boring from both sides! we lost end of!!!

By the way Coopsie, the view of our supporters in no way reflects the view of the club their there to support certain individuals we cant stop them sayin anything unfortunately!

Good luck for the rest of your season!

Oh one last thing, the two guys who play centre back for you were two of the nicest guys ive played against, and enjoyed a good bit of banter all the way through this so called horror match.

:c:

Well said, although I have to agree with Coopsie's comments!

So far this season, CNB are the best outfit we have faced. Deserve to be top of the league. You are obviously not there on luck. OK we won on the day, and it was actually a good game of football. On another day, CNB would have won. Gulval have a very good reserve's side, but inconsistency keeps letting us down. We can beat any other team in that league on our day, but we just don't seem to be able to do it every week. Maybe we can start from here.

You are right about our Centre Backs, Nigel and Wattsy. Outstanding players and nice blokes.

The referee was also outstanding, we expect nothing less from Mr. Stevens.

I'm just glad it will be the players lining up against each other at your place later in the season, and hope for another good game of football.

Titans 1 St Agnes 4

We were well and truly outclassed by a super St Agnes team who passed us to death on the day

Despite carving out change after change after chance St Agnes just couldnt finish in the the first half and were stunned 10 mins before the break when TFC NO9 broke the offside trap to give the titans the lead, the second half was much the same as the first, but St Agnes found there head in front of goal at 1 all the St Agnes keeper made a very good save they never looked back, Well done St Agnes best team we've played this season by a mile. :(

St Just Res 4 - 5 St Ives Town Res! HT/3-2

Entertaining game could have gone either way, but about time we won a close game!

St Ives goals:-

Mike Peck 3

Harris

James Warrel

A good game indeed.

St.Ives 2-0 up after 10mins, 3-2 down at half time. St.Ives then 4-3 up with 5 minutes to go but then St.Just scored to make it 4-4, however St.Ives scored the winner in the last minute making it 5-4.

I said last week we need to sort our defence out!!!! :lol:

p.s you lads could of come in for a pint. When you get a club house, we'll come into yours!!! :thumbsup:

GAFF, you need to take a note on how to conduct yourself from your right back (number 2).. During the game after one HARD BUT FAIR challenge he walked upto me and that short player you have with "little mans syndrome" and openly said, "look both teams are challenging hard so just get on with it".. That lad has alot of common sense and was superb all the way through.

"Ringers" was brought up because some of your players were downstairs waiting to get in the changing room after the game and were asking aechother and me how many first teamers we had in, to which I replied, "do you honestly believe that we had first teamers in", the response I received was "your striker told us that you had three first teamers in", so I asked him to tell me which striker said it and to my amazement he wouldn't point out the player in question.. What a revelation that was :rolleyes: .. Then a voice of reason bellowed from your changing room with the words "for gods sake, we lost, why can't you just lose graciously".. What a great question, answers on a postcard please...

You were beaten by a better team and you were never going to beat us because you were too busy moaning about anything and everything. BY THE WAY, the words you used when shouting to the ref were "how fuc**ing long have you been playing for Gulval ref", so you were bloody lucky that he only took your name. Also the boy with "little mans syndrome" called the linesman a "cu*t" and another player called him a "fuc**ng cheat", yet you still finished the game with eleven men and have the nerve to come on here and complain about the referee.

You are unbelievably hypocritical because you're all ALWAYS going about how upset you all get because people call you pikeys etc, yet your moronic goons on the sidelines were constantly goading my players and inviting us off the pitch to fight and the one guy spent the whole game calling me a c**t and even threatened to KILL ME because I was laughing at everything he had to say.

Here's the facts for you fella, your boys LOST. Your boys got BEATEN FAIR AND SQUARE (MOST of your boys even said so), You deserve ALL the abuse you get if that's how your supporters behave every week, Last season we came to your ground and the referee also coincidentally didn't turn up, so one of your boys did it and you didn't seem to bring that up inyour rant, why is that?? :unsure: .. The referee yesterday IS an official ref and a VERY respected one (except by your saintly mob ofcourse :rolleyes: ). Your criticism of Rhondda is nothing short of laughable and childish and I think an apology is due BUT doubt very much it will be forthcoming?.

You're so convinced about everything you put in your rant, so I have a suggestion.. Why not open a seperate topic entitled "GULVAL AFC, THE TRUTH" and get the opinions of EVERY other club that has ever come up against Gulval, met Rhondda and had Lenny Stevens as an official. Then IN MY OPINION you'll see that we are something of a respected club with a good reputation and much liked players and representatives. BUT then again, knowing your attitude and the attitude of your "supporters", everyone else will be wrong and you'll still be right.

Over and out :c:

Again i say, we didn't deserve to win, and that we wasn't good enough. For the comments about the supporters.... I agree and spent most the match trying to calm them down, I personaly had a chat with one of your supporters,(the blonde lady) who did say to me after the 4th or 5th what i call dangerous tackles, (as any tackle from behind is dangerous) that " I don't know what has got into them today they aren't usually like this, they're usually such a friendly bunch."

Would disagree about me shouting the word F**king at the ref as well. But DO agree that if i did so that i should be asked to leave the park.

Not sure how to take the comment " you definately need to muzzle your thuggish contingent on the sidelines because from what I witnessed and personally endured yesterday, you're a disgrace to local football.." as not sure if aimed directly at myself or the whole sideline in general, but if it is aimed directly at me your thinking of the wrong guy, as apart from my one outburst which i was spoken to by the ref I didn't have any reason to have to "muzzle my thuggish contingent on the sidelines" as it was non-existant. A little tight on time tonight as leaving for work at 4a.m. but will continue at some point during the week... Again i add your team was the better side on saturday and we didn't deserve to win.

We, Four Lanes were 4-0 up at half time with goals from Will Buse (2), Mark Butcher and Jimmy Stevens.

We played some very neat football and were causing Redruth numerous problems with our pace and movement in the final third, with Uniteds main chances coming on the counter attack. Jimmy Stevens and Tom Blaber were superb throughout the match up front with Joe Crossman pulling the strings in the middle.

Redruth, moving to a more direct approach in the 2nd half caused us a few problems and conceding an early goal got their tails up. We got a little sloppy and failed to control the game in the same manner as the 1st half. A 5th goal for us by Pete Jeffrey sealed the win despite a United 'comeback'.

All things considered it was a deserved win for Four Lanes with 3 new players making their debuts - Jimmy Stevens, Pete Jeffrey and Tom Blaber.

Thanks to Redruth United for a good game and good luck for the rest of the season.

Hutchspur

You are totally correct in your assessment of the game on Saturday and I will agree 100% with you

The fact is you boys ran riot over us, The scoreline would suggest a much closer game but in all honesty you were by far the better team on the day and we did not turn up at all

I have always thought that I don’t mind losing to a better side and you were by far the better side on this occasion

I’m sure we will be looking forward to the return game later in the season to put things right from our point of view

We did think that you boys would have come for a drink especially after that result and as your drinking hole is literally-walking distance from ours I was supprised not to see anyone

There was food laid on but it was ok we finished it off and that was about the highlight of the day for us having a bit a bit of extra tucker

Good luck for the rest of the season to you and the boy’s fella and you have a nice little side there mate :clapper:

Not sure how to take the comment " you definately need to muzzle your thuggish contingent on the sidelines because from what I witnessed and personally endured yesterday, you're a disgrace to local football.." as not sure if aimed directly at myself or the whole sideline in general, but if it is aimed directly at me your thinking of the wrong guy, as apart from my one outburst which i was spoken to by the ref I didn't have any reason to have to "muzzle my thuggish contingent on the sidelines" as it was non-existant.

ABSOLUTELY NOT DIRECTED AT YOU GAFF. As you correctly said, the ref only had to speak to you once.

C.N.B. No9, mate there is NO WAY your players can be compared to those who "follow" you on the sideline. MOST of your boys were superb on the day and as I stated before, your number 2 (right back) never stopped talking to me for the whole game and absolutley couldn't understand what any of the moaning was about because both teams were playing hard but fair. I've backed your lads up plenty in the past on this forum when you've gone public about your discomfort with constant racial quotes of "Pikey" etc etc. The thing that I cant believe I'm finding myself saying mate is "You can't expect players on the pitch to have threats of being KILLED thrown in their direction and not respond".

People want to act a certain way, they will be treated in a way that is representative of their behaviour towards others. Those people on the sideline were nothing but thugs and troublemakers and are no better than the lowlife hooligans that travel the country visiting different football grounds with no other motive than to cause trouble and hopefully create some sort of fight or confrontation. You have a really good set of lads there who are being severely let down by those that are out of your control, and maybe even their own??.

Not sure how to take the comment " you definately need to muzzle your thuggish contingent on the sidelines because from what I witnessed and personally endured yesterday, you're a disgrace to local football.." as not sure if aimed directly at myself or the whole sideline in general, but if it is aimed directly at me your thinking of the wrong guy, as apart from my one outburst which i was spoken to by the ref I didn't have any reason to have to "muzzle my thuggish contingent on the sidelines" as it was non-existant.

ABSOLUTELY NOT DIRECTED AT YOU GAFF. As you correctly said, the ref only had to speak to you once.

C.N.B. No9, mate there is NO WAY your players can be compared to those who "follow" you on the sideline. MOST of your boys were superb on the day and as I stated before, your number 2 (right back) never stopped talking to me for the whole game and absolutley couldn't understand what any of the moaning was about because both teams were playing hard but fair. I've backed your lads up plenty in the past on this forum when you've gone public about your discomfort with constant racial quotes of "Pikey" etc etc. The thing that I cant believe I'm finding myself saying mate is "You can't expect players on the pitch to have threats of being KILLED thrown in their direction and not respond".

People want to act a certain way, they will be treated in a way that is representative of their behaviour towards others. Those people on the sideline were nothing but thugs and troublemakers and are no better than the lowlife hooligans that travel the country visiting different football grounds with no other motive than to cause trouble and hopefully create some sort of fight or confrontation. You have a really good set of lads there who are being severely let down by those that are out of your control, and maybe even their own??.

Some of the people who were shouting stuff believe it or not were parents and one was the father of the guy you said has "little man sindrome", so understandably he was going to get upset, but i in no way condone the outbursts as i said unfortunately we cannot stop them coming to watch, but like gaff said we do try to calm them down but for most of us on the pitch that is very difficult!

Its such a shame that all this has kicked off as last year i can remember both the home leg and the epic at yours were both played in EXCELLENT spirit. I agree you are an excellent team and its actually surprising how you dont seem to finish higher, but like you say inconcistancy must be an issue. Like you say we have a good bunch of lads , trouble being experience, its all about how we respond to this though, so we'll crack on Newlyn next will be tough.

Good luck you have probably the toughest game of the weekend if im correct Mariners??? anyway good luck for that and the rest of the season!

No. 09

:smiley20:

Some of the people who were shouting stuff believe it or not were parents and one was the father of the guy you said has "little man sindrome", so understandably he was going to get upset, Good luck you have probably the toughest game of the weekend if im correct Mariners??? anyway good luck for that and the rest of the season!

No. 09

Don't understand why a parent/father would "understandably get upset" when NOBODY was doing anything at all to his boy?. However, it's gone now and we can hopefully all move on?. I'm guessing that Mariners are a pretty good team then?. Oh well, IF we can have the same team again this weekend and players can restrain themselves from going shopping etc, we'll have a little more confidence after beating such a good team like your is. As was said by Mangle, "you're probably the best team we've played this season". Good luck for the rest of the season bud. :c:

Some of the people who were shouting stuff believe it or not were parents and one was the father of the guy you said has "little man sindrome", so understandably he was going to get upset, Good luck you have probably the toughest game of the weekend if im correct Mariners??? anyway good luck for that and the rest of the season!

No. 09

Don't understand why a parent/father would "understandably get upset" when NOBODY was doing anything at all to his boy?. However, it's gone now and we can hopefully all move on?. I'm guessing that Mariners are a pretty good team then?. Oh well, IF we can have the same team again this weekend and players can restrain themselves from going shopping etc, we'll have a little more confidence after beating such a good team like your is. As was said by Mangle, "you're probably the best team we've played this season". Good luck for the rest of the season bud. :c:

Just what they obviuosly thought were bad challenges, anyway all done now! lovely thank god for that!!!

See ya in the new year beat mariners for us this weekend please :D:clapper: :c:

See ya in the new year beat mariners for us this weekend please :D:clapper::c:

We'll certainly be giving it our very best shot mate BUT as you know, alot will depend on the wind and conditions at their pitch. I don't think I've EVER played there on a decent day? :unsure: ..

Wasnt too bad when we went there, we gota go newlyn probably the worst for windy conditions uh oh! :(

Hutchspur

You are totally correct in your assessment of the game on Saturday and I will agree 100% with you

The fact is you boys ran riot over us, The scoreline would suggest a much closer game but in all honesty you were by far the better team on the day and we did not turn up at all

I have always thought that I don’t mind losing to a better side and you were by far the better side on this occasion

I’m sure we will be looking forward to the return game later in the season to put things right from our point of view

We did think that you boys would have come for a drink especially after that result and as your drinking hole is literally-walking distance from ours I was supprised not to see anyone

There was food laid on but it was ok we finished it off and that was about the highlight of the day for us having a bit a bit of extra tucker

Good luck for the rest of the season to you and the boy’s fella and you have a nice little side there mate :clapper:

cockerkneeboy, thanks for your praise of our team. Tring really hard to build and maintain a strong squad. we have made a few new signings over the last 2 weeks since i been at the club. they are Jimmy Stevens, Pete Jeffrey, Tom Blaber and Shane Hutchens. Got 2 more to sign tonight. Can never have enough good players. Is just a case of raising the bar for the players that were already at the club and trying to increase the competition for starting places, which has got to be good for the club.

As for not coming back for a drink after the game, I am sure you understand that all i can do is inform the players of this and not literally drag them to the legion. Am looking forward to the return match on 27 december. :smiley20:

Guest Postie Pidge

I'm assuming that:

School of Mines vs Madron

Holmans vs TMS

Marazion Blues vs Pendeen

were all postponed

Mount Ambrose vs Goonhaven was switched to Goonhavern?

cockerkneeboy, thanks for your praise of our team. Tring really hard to build and maintain a strong squad. we have made a few new signings over the last 2 weeks since i been at the club. they are Jimmy Stevens, Pete Jeffrey, Tom Blaber and Shane Hutchens. Got 2 more to sign tonight. Can never have enough good players. Is just a case of raising the bar for the players that were already at the club and trying to increase the competition for starting places, which has got to be good for the club.

As for not coming back for a drink after the game, I am sure you understand that all i can do is inform the players of this and not literally drag them to the legion. Am looking forward to the return match on 27 december. :smiley20:

Wasnt too bad when we went there, we gota go newlyn probably the worst for windy conditions uh oh! :(

Lovely down at Cape Cornwall at this time of year. I'm absolutely certain that there's no chance of it being foggy, windy or raining :unsure: . Go down there and give it your best bud, my suggestion to you is, watch out for the pace upfront and don't be fooled by the fact that they are relatively older players. They can play some pretty slick football and nearly always play simple football with short swift passing.