Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 25/10/08

Guest postman pat

mining2

mount ambrose3 titans2

how we lost this game i will never know <_<

started the game well and conceeded a goal against the run of play and went in at half-time 1-0 down. came out for the second half played some good football, scored two goals but could and should have scored more. then conceeded two goals right at the death. if you dont score your goals you will not win games but surely we are due a change of luck soon.cannot fault the players at all :c:

on the pitch next to us at clijah trevenson went in at half time against spice 3-0 down and after a stiff talking to at half time came out and won the game 6-3

Guest theforceuk

Storm 4 - 0 St Ives Town Reserves HT/3-0

Well played Storm probably the best team we've played this season. (includeing Troon) Thought St Ives did well to keep the score down to 4-0!

St.Just 1-7 Illogan (HT 1-3)

St.Just took the lead through Damon Nicholls but a catalogue of mistakes gifted Illogan a 3-1 lead going into half time. Second half St.Just were playing against the wind, and were no match for a title-chasing Illogan side. 3 late goals flattered the scoreline.

A better performance by St.Just from last week, but there is still a big void between the top 6 and the bottom 6 in this league!!

Div 1

Troon 6-2 ST Buryan

Troon started the game at a fast tempo which the saints found hard to cope with early on, troon put the away defence under pressure from the off and were soon 1-0 up when the ball broke loose on the 18yard box for new signing Gary Bell to slot home with his left peg. Troon were putting them under pressure without reply from the visitors when a goal kick missed everyone and Jamie Marles ran through and hit the ball on the half volley to make it 2-0.

St Buryan were finding it hard to kepp the ball and when a good ball from Danny Bell found Jamie Marles the away goalkeeper had no choice but to bring him down for a pen, up stepped Shane Richards who never looked like missin and scored to make it 3-0. Good work down the left from Woody found another one of the new signings Carl Paparone(probably spelt horribly wrong!! lol) who battled well in the corner beating the defender and then crossing for Shane Richards to grab his 2nd of the game to make the score 4-0 at half time.

The second half was a bit of a different story when ST Buryan came out of the changing rooms with a much more positive attitude and grabbed a goal when the ball was floated over from the right handside and there striker headed the ball over the home keeper. Troon got the kick up the ass they needed and upped the tempo and there got another goal when Carl Paparone,who was a bit of an animal,got the ball and unleashed one from 25yards which flew into the top corner to make it 5-1.

But credit to the saints as they didnt give up, and when a goal kick was bouncing around the Troon 18yard box there was a breakdown of communication and Brett headed the ball back towards the keeper, but the keeper was coming out for the ball and Brett scored his first own goal for the Troon Army!! 5-2. Good work in the middle from Gary Bell found Jamie Marles who then slotted in Paps and he had no trouble in practically walking the ball into the net for the final goal of the game.6-2

So a comfortable win for Troon,all the money is now taking its effect.....!! that'll cause some chat for everyone who has nothing else to say for one of the best Troon sides in years...!! lol

All the best to ST Buryan for the rest of the season from everyone at Troon AFC....x.x.x.

Div 1

Troon 6-2 ST Buryan

So a comfortable win for Troon,all the money is now taking its effect.....!! that'll cause some chat for everyone who has nothing else to say for one of the best Troon sides in years...!! lol

Paps and Gary Bell added to an already impressive squad - how are you keeping everybody happy Jman, have some of the first team dropped down to play seconds now??

West Cornwall 1 - 1 Storm Res.

Storm dominated the match and got really stuck in and were 0-1 up with 3 minutes but West Cornwall scored a great goal (The Ginger lad).

Game could of got messy as both teams were up for it but both teams realised it was just desire to win the game.

Good luck to West Cornwall for the season.

Well done Storm boys. A great team effort and should of won the game.

Got to go as I am tired as Graham (Spewey) is taking up all the room in my pocket!!!

well played troon! how much did that win cost? thats how they keep people happy. gordie

ha ha your name should be more like "Lino cheers easy"!! for biting at the £££££ situation, envy is a terrible thing,it must be hard you lesser capible people like yourself to actually accept that money is not everything in football, some people play for teams because they actually enjoy the atmosphere, and the people at the club....as i put at the end of my match report, i knew someone would bite!! lol

ca ching!! lol

and yes geogie a few of the lads have dropped down to the 2nds, but the main thing is that the club is happy, and both teams are happy and both doing well.

Guest bundithegreat

mining 2

Goonhavern 3- 1 Portreath reserves

good game with portreath scoring early on through a mistake from there centre back to let me shoot past the goalie from edge of box, but we then let our foot off the gas and let a very good side play some great football to rip us apart.

with all the trouble they had with teams dropping away from the club i would like to say now i hope them the best of luck this season, definateley a team to watch at the end of season and great food guys!!!!

well played troon! how much did that win cost? thats how they keep people happy. gordie

ha ha your name should be more like "Lino cheers easy"!! for biting at the £££££ situation, envy is a terrible thing,it must be hard you lesser capible people like yourself to actually accept that money is not everything in football, some people play for teams because they actually enjoy the atmosphere, and the people at the club....as i put at the end of my match report, i knew someone would bite!! lol

ca ching!! lol

and yes geogie a few of the lads have dropped down to the 2nds, but the main thing is that the club is happy, and both teams are happy and both doing well.

well the sooner you lot get combo football the better for junior football. although you might have to take a loan to sign anybody any good. good luck please spell carefully!

Guest jumpers 4 goalposts

West Cornwall 1 - 1 Storm Res.

Storm dominated the match and got really stuck in and were 0-1 up with 3 minutes but West Cornwall scored a great goal (The Ginger lad).

Game could of got messy as both teams were up for it but both teams realised it was just desire to win the game.

Good luck to West Cornwall for the season.

Well done Storm boys. A great team effort and should of won the game.

Got to go as I am tired as Graham (Spewey) is taking up all the room in my pocket!!!

yes a great game by both wildee, but unless you was watching a different game to the one i played in, you can hardly say that you dominated the game, it was a game of two halfs, the first we just didnt take our chances i think you had what maybe 3 shots at goal in the first half compared to our 15, 10 of which were one on ones with the keeper but we forgot our shooting boots.

the second you had all the run of play but found yourselfs shooting from distance and in the end geting a scrappy goal for your hardwork. goal probably was deserved but in all honesty i think that west cornwall will feel that they had ample more oppurtunitys to win the game....

dominated i think not

the first we just didnt take our chances i think you had what maybe 3 shots at goal in the first half compared to our 15, 10 of which were one on ones with the keeper but we forgot our shooting boots

or was it for the fact the keeper was different gravy, until beaten by a screamer when you didnt look like scoring!!!

good, hard fought game though, shame bout the new boys turning up acting like world beaters on the sidelines.....not a great idea trying to wind up the ginger prince before you played against him, best player in the league in my books. Furry muff, new boys unbeaten so far, but cant see that lasting much longer!!! Just my opinion but i think west cornwall will beat them along with a few other sides, but if im proven wrong, then all credit to new boys and they deserve to be near the top!!

I dont think you'll find we were acting like world beaters m8, just a few of us went to watch the game and size you up! Think you'll find wasnt just one of our boys "winding" him up, a few storm boys were also saying stuff!!!

We dont think we are better than anyone team we just enjoy a bit of banter, plus one or two from the team do not reflect the opinion of all of us as, i get on with owen, so dont really think that was the cleverest thing to say. Anywho think it will be a good game on sat looking forward to it will be a good contest.

All the best..............

"The World Beaters" :huh::huh::huh: :c:

Guest cnb shower boy

ballsax.... id like to point out the fact that it was not all the new boys who were trying to wind owain and the rest up. personally i was there to watch a game of football (which i enjoyed) and even clapped when owain scored. all the best for saturday should be a good game! and as for your other point 6 consecutive wins and with a goal difference of +37 isnt the worst start in the world!

Guest jumpers 4 goalposts

personally i dont know anything about new boys, and in general dont make up my mind or opinions on players or teams without first hand speakin to them or playing against them....

however to turn up and watch the game was great, and to have a bit of banter on the side lines im all for,,

but to run onto the pitch at half time after the ref had placed the ball ready for the second half, thinking no one was around or saw you, and smack it as far as you could off the pitch then do the same with the rest of the balls, is pretty childish and thought you new boys being a young team would have more respect for others than that

Yea i Dont mind being in many pockets was quite cold! I was hanging out my ass after 3 months away need some work on fitness thanks 4 that comment :)! i Loved the banter as i said after 3 months away it was lovely to hear it all and really looking 4ward 2 next sat against New Boys? looks like theres a lot of hype about the game lets hope it lives up 2 it sure it will! Well doen Owain another belter who lapped up all the Ginger comments which are very original even better when he pulls 1 like that out the bag! looks like a good tight league at the top!

Guest Markdavis

Ludgvan res 7 - 1 Madron res

The wind played a big factor in this game it was blowing a gale straight down the pitch, ludgvan won the toss and decided to play with the wind, first half and were rewarded with 2 goals in the first 5 minutes and after that it was a comfortable match I think that the score was 5 - 1 at HT.

All credit to Madron for keeping at it thou but they were just missing a couple of players which let the rest of the side down, most notably a centre midfielder as many headers were going uncontested. Good luck for the rest of the season boys.

P.S we have finally got a plus goal difference after our poor start to the season :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest THEROCK

ca ching!! lol

I'm sure that the likes of the players who have been mentioned are at Troon because of the amazing team spirit and atmosphere generated by Thejman and nothing to do with money. good luck to all at Troon, combo cannot come quick enough!!

ballsax.... id like to point out the fact that it was not all the new boys who were trying to wind owain and the rest up. personally i was there to watch a game of football (which i enjoyed) and even clapped when owain scored. all the best for saturday should be a good game! and as for your other point 6 consecutive wins and with a goal difference of +37 isnt the worst start in the world!

I think i got my point across wrong here, a bit of banter on the sidelines is all well and good, just as long as you don't take it too far. I've heard of a few people this season who don't play, just watch, and there have been a few complaints about it, regarding what they were saying as they took it too far!! i'm all for a bit of friendly banter, unfortunately for us it only spurred barrett on and look what happened!!!! just little, pointless things like whacking the balls across the field at half-time (i know it was only one of you, but your a team who should share responsibility). You wouldn't be happy if someone did that at your place. As for your start of season, yea great start just saying it's always good when your winning, but what makes a good team is how you take, and bounce back, from the losing, which you haven't had too so far!!!! Maybe IF this happens, people can make their minds up as to where you will be come the end of season a little easier!! All the best anyway, and look forward to when we play you, as i missed the first game coz i wasn't playing then!!! Prediction for saturday, West Cornwall to win 3-1!!!!

Guest postman pat

gaffer as i said in my report spice 3-6 trevenson. spice were 3-0 up at half time.we were in the next changing room to trevenson and to say they were not happy would be an understatement.all credit to trevenson to come back so well against a good spice team. :c:

West Cornwall should beat Cornish New Boys comfortably on Saturday, much stronger side, better organisation, and just a better footballing team overall!!!

:thumbsup:

Prediction...

West Cornwall 3

C.N.B 1

The battle of the Corns!!! :drink:

Any other predictions on this eagerly anticipated match???

Guest Cornish NB's No6

Personally dont know why people are making a big deal about the match between us & West Cornwall on Sat. Yes both teams have started well in the league as have a number of other teams but its 1 game out of a long season. Next April is when it counts.

New Boys are concentrating on each game as it comes and have an overall goal of improving on their debut season last yr.

Hopefully it will be a good competitive game of football from both sides and show the level of football in Mining 3 is definately improving.

Guest Cornish NB's No6

Yeah we had Marazion away called off no ref - & Home to Pendeem last wk called off with no ref.

luckily we were able to get hold of a ref at last min for 2 other matches otherwise would of been less again.

Guest Postie Pidge

Any results from:

Div 2 - Mousehole vs Holmans

Div 3 - St Buryan vs Marazion Blues

I'm assuming New Boys vs Pendeen was postponed with no ref.

I was one of the New Boys at the the game on Saturday. Thought it was a great game to watch.. In all think that a draw was a fair result even though in my oppinion Storm did edge the game slightly. As said in other reports a bit of side line banter didn't hurt anyone..... West Cornwalls goal was a screamer. Hope u don't get any like that against us on saturday. (actually i hope u don't score any). As for the game this saturday we are really looking forward to it and hope that it's a friendly good to watch game.. Good luck for the season 2 all mining 3 sides. As manager of the New Boys i reckon that the score on the weekend will be 1-0 and not even going to say to who, as think it's going to be a really really tight game.

GAFF. (New Boys)

Any results from:

Div 2 - Mousehole vs Holmans

Div 3 - St Buryan vs Marazion Blues

I'm assuming New Boys vs Pendeen was postponed with no ref.

yeah no ref again