Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results - 11/10/08

Mining 3

New Boys 4 -0 Redruth Utd Res (h/t 2-0)

Best team won on the day, first 20mins there was nothin in it until we hit the post and they went straight up the other end and scored which really took the wind out of our sails then 2 mins later it was 2-0 and after that we never looked like scoring, but we battled well and never gave up unlike previous games, well done to New Boys who are probably the best team we have played this season

Guest jumpers 4 goalposts

i just heard through the grape vine that ludgvan have beaten storm 2-1 away!!!!

must of got a few players back from the first team at long last

:thumbsup:

Mining 3

New Boys 4 -0 Redruth Utd Res (h/t 2-0)

Best team won on the day, first 20mins there was nothin in it until we hit the post and they went straight up the other end and scored which really took the wind out of our sails then 2 mins later it was 2-0 and after that we never looked like scoring, but we battled well and never gave up unlike previous games, well done to New Boys who are probably the best team we have played this season

Not the best of matches with rare moments of quality, I think its fair to say we both have alot to improve on!

Redruth hit the woodwork twice and battled for the full 90 and I'm sure would have been a greater test with their full strength side!

Best of Luck with the recovery Steve :thumbsup:

Division 1:

St.Just Reserves 1 - 2 Storm (HT 0-1)

On a sunny day, on a cracking pitch, the St.Just boys gave title contenders Storm a close encounter. St.Just fielding no less than eight 16-18 year olds, and 3 old timers. Storm thought they were playing a school team with their teachers!!

But it took 42 minutes for Storm to make the breakthrough, with a controversial 4 yard tap in, which appeared to be offside.

In the second half, Storm were the stronger side for the first 20mins, with a goal straight from the corner, which was parryed into his own net by 16 year old Tom Soulsby in goal. Shortly after Tom made up for his mistake with 2 excellent saves.

Then 20 minutes from time, Geg Olds scored a screamer from 30 yards, puting St.Just right back in it.

For the last 10 minutes Storm were holding on watching a Scott Megor header glance the post, and their goal keeper making a great save low down to deny Scott again.

All in all, a good game with good football being played by both sides in good spirit, with Storm just deserving the 2-1 win.

CHACEWATER RES 2 V SENNEN 0

Chacewater won the top of the table clash..but it took two fine strikes to win a match,they just about deserved.

despite at times sennen's possesion there was no cutting edge or prowess in front of goal and chances that were available were not taken..all in all a good game played in good spirits,both sides contributed to a fine game..chacewater now have the ball in their park as they ride top of div2,,but we'll keep a watchful eye over the remainder of the season...good luck..to them,we must now pick ourselves up for next week..

game was :thumbsup:

ref was (both sides ) :angry2: but where would we be without them..

Guest bundithegreat

portreath reserves 2-1 st agnes

good solid performance by portreath and looked like the team i know we are, hopefully with the couple of new boys that came in it will finally give us the edge we needed, but most importantly i hope one of our players decides to stay and not go redruth, you know who you are and you better keep your ass in this club!!!!

if you do go it means ill definately have to play at the back and i dont want to anymore!!!!

well done to the reserves, up the league we shall climb!!!!!!!!!!

HEAMOOR 3 TREVENSON RESERVES 2

trevenson started the game pretty well for the 1st 10 minutes then lost 2 quick goals because of not so good defending but in the 2nd half trevenson stepped up a gear with rock antony curnow scoring a good goal den trevenson hit the bar with shaunny wilkin what a shot that was den trevenson fought back with there 2nd goal which was scored by shaunny wilkins trevenson fought hard coming close but just dint take there chances but the side played alot better today then past games i think trevenson will be a threat soon anyways well done to heamoor who took there chances

Gulval res 3 vs 7 Pendeen Rovers Res. ref was :SM_carton_y:

CHACEWATER RES 2 V SENNEN 0

Chacewater won the top of the table clash..but it took two fine strikes to win a match,they just about deserved.

despite at times sennen's possesion there was no cutting edge or prowess in front of goal and chances that were available were not taken..all in all a good game played in good spirits,both sides contributed to a fine game..chacewater now have the ball in their park as they ride top of div2,,but we'll keep a watchful eye over the remainder of the season...good luck..to them,we must now pick ourselves up for next week..

game was :thumbsup:

ref was (both sides ) :angry2: but where would we be without them..

E mailed you m8 !

Div 2

Illogan 2 Threemilestone 0

It was unfortunate that I had to work (not a usual event on a Saturday for me), but I spoke to my assistant last night and he said that the game was even throughout. Both sides gave it there all, however, Illogan took two of their chances where TMS did not. The only thing that I understand was frustrating was the performance of the ref who although warning players about their challenges did nothing about it therefore losing some control over the game. Third defeat on the spin for the Stones but it is a learning curb at the moment, a young side finding their feet in the next division. There is a long way to go and hopefully we can get back on track soon and finish in a respectable position. :mellow:

Mining League Results 11/10/08

Mining 1

Four Lanes 6 Gwinear 0

Illogan RBL 4 Redruth United 0

St Buryan 7 Spice of Life 2

St Just 1 Storm 2

Trevenson 2 Robarts 3

Trispen 2 Gulval 2

Troon 6 Halsetown 2

Mining 2

Chasewater 2 Sennen 0

Illogan RBL 2 Threemilestone 0

Mount Ambrose 9 Madron 6

Portreath 2 St Agnes 1

Mining 3

Cornish New Boys 4 Redruth United Res 0

Gulval Res 3 Pendeen 6

Heamoor 3 Trevenson 2

Newlyn NA 0 St Ives Mariners 2

Storm Res 1 Ludgvan 2

Guest Markdavis

Mining 3

Storm 1 Ludgvan 2

This game could have gone either way, Storm had more possesion and oportunities but lacked the final touch. Ludgvan battled well and there was nothing between the teams at half time. Second half was similarly close Ludgvan broke well for the first goal and quickly added a second 5 mins later but all credit to storm they kept at us and scored a good goal.

Thanks to storm for their hospitality, probably the best spirited game I have been involved with in a long time and the ref was excellant to boot! I wish it was like that every week.

Guest lynchmob

Mining League Div. 1

Trevenson 2 .v. Robartes 3

Mining League Div. 3

Heamoor 3 .v. Trevenson Res 2

Don't know any of the scorers as never made it to football today due to some sort of bug that's going around my home at the moment!

Heamoor scorers were Truan Osborne, Steven Williams and a joyful own goal!!! :P

We seem to be improving with every game, cum on The mighty Heamoor :thumbsup:

Div 3

Madron 2 - Marazion 1

Two makeshift looking sides a very quick first goal knocked the stuffing out of Marazion in a comfortable first half. Marazion came out strong in the second and a goalkeeping error setup a nervy last 15 mins

Half time score 2-0 Wayne Wager with both madron goals.

Mining 3

Storm 1-2 Ludgvan

Just to echo the comment left by markdavis.... a cracking game of football which could of went either way, unfortunately it was one of those games for us (storm), as we had a lot of the ball, played some great football, as did ludgvan, and created a few good chances, just lacked that cutting edge in front of goal!!! fair play to the ludgvan lads, they took their chances when they came and went away with a hard-fought 3 points. game was played in great spirit, referee was spot on all game, which seems to be a rarity at the moment.. all the best to ludvan for the remainder of the season and i look forward to another cracking game when we visit you!!!

Guest THEROCK

trevenson started the game pretty well for the 1st 10 minutes then lost 2 quick goals because of not so good defending but in the 2nd half trevenson stepped up a gear with rock antony curnow scoring a good goal den trevenson hit the bar with shaunny wilkin what a shot that was den trevenson fought back with there 2nd goal which was scored by shaunny wilkins trevenson fought hard coming close but just dint take there chances but the side played alot better today then past games i think trevenson will be a threat soon anyways well done to heamoor who took there chances

Good summary Louis, some shocking defending by all in the 1st half cost us (Trevenson) the match. 2 goals down half time it was an uphill struggle. However, a lot of character shown 2nd half, and with a little bit of luck and 10 extra minutes we would have got something from the game (if not all 3 points). Heamor were poor (apart from the lad in midfield No. 8). We are getting better each week and will soon be causing all the teams in the league problems. Well done in the 2nd half lads....next week we'll do it for 90 minutes!!!

Guest lynchmob

Good summary Louis, some shocking defending by all in the 1st half cost us (Trevenson) the match. 2 goals down half time it was an uphill struggle. However, a lot of character shown 2nd half, and with a little bit of luck and 10 extra minutes we would have got something from the game (if not all 3 points). Heamor were poor (apart from the lad in midfield No. 8). We are getting better each week and will soon be causing all the teams in the league problems. Well done in the 2nd half lads....next week we'll do it for 90 minutes!!!

Heamoor actually shud of been 5-0 up in the first half if it wasn't for sum iffy linesman calls, but trevenson must be feelin like the worst team in the world at the moment after losing to such an un-experienced side like Heamoor !!!!!! :smiley20:

Guest bundithegreat

i am glad your staying NPR i would have missed ya, hopefully i have a couple of players i am trying to convince to come to us, one being a centre back but is left footed and can play left back and a very good centre midfielder who is playing for a club in mining 1 but not enjoying it, so hopefully looking good.

i dont mind playing left back its just not one i enjoy, i cant defend which is a problem and i know i can play upfront and score!!!!!!!

Guest jumpers 4 goalposts

Mining 3

Storm 1 Ludgvan 2

Am I correct in saying that all 3 of your wins in mining 3 this year have been on days when your combination side have not played (i.e. 2 evening games and last Saturday)?

i know a few of the storm players and from what i hear they said it was great game, and good to be involved in such a good encounter, however there were definetly first team players there on saturday which helped them win the tie against storm!!!

mining div 2

mousehole 3 - 1 titans

good game best team one they finished there chances titans was not intrested until it was to late, thankyou to mousehole for the after game hospitality and all the best for the rest of the season, dont know the refs name but he was by far the best ref weve had all season just let both teams play football all game and thats coming from a team who lost !

Heamoor actually shud of been 5-0 up in the first half if it wasn't for sum iffy linesman calls, but trevenson must be feelin like the worst team in the world at the moment after losing to such an un-experienced side like Heamoor !!!!!! :smiley20:

heamoor we will see that when we play you at home and were improving everyweek 5-0 your having draft mate you should be down to 10 men after your player kicked our keeper in the eye so we will look forward to playing you again and thanks rock buddy

Mining 3

Storm 1 Ludgvan 2

Am I correct in saying that all 3 of your wins in mining 3 this year have been on days when your combination side have not played (i.e. 2 evening games and last Saturday)?

Lets not open up a can of worms here, i think everyone has their own opinion on what sort of side ludgvan put out from week to week, but having played in the game on saturday, i would play against a team like that every week, thoroughly enjoyed it!!! cracking football and great bunch of lads!!!!

Lets not open up a can of worms here, i think everyone has their own opinion on what sort of side ludgvan put out from week to week, but having played in the game on saturday, i would play against a team like that every week, thoroughly enjoyed it!!! cracking football and great bunch of lads!!!!

Nail hit firmly square on the head Ballsax, and a cracking name too! Ludgvan have a great team to compete in the Mining League Division 3, the lowest league of Junior football in our parts. Their results show that putting out their strongest 11, they would perhaps challenge for promotion into Division 2.