Cornwall Football Forum

Mullion's new manager

Guest Meagundo

Mr Biddick lives in Mullion himself so could see him there too,

I personally think that the appointment of Alan Carey for any team would be a good one, Things are looking up at mullion after a few seasons battling at the bottom.

Guest Meagundo

They were a quality team in the late 90s and i think they may have even won the combo title i know they were runners-up a couple of times. That is what happens when a small club moves into a big league and you have to travel miles for every away game and now a reason why the club has so many young players from the lizard because they dont have any money to spend but local boys all step in a do their best for the club. Hopefully Alan will b able to build on that and improve the fortunes of th club

Guest Peppermint

T he only point I will make is that Mullion Football Club are very lucky to have a Manager of the calibre of Alan Carey. I think I am correct in that Alan started his career as a manager at Mullion - good luck to him.

Guest cloak and dagger

Having come back from football today i can confirm that having spoken to a couple of players, Alan Carey has already been doing his managers job by contacting quite a few players. All i can say is ££££ on the way! I wish i was 20 again!

If all the so called '££££' are on the way, how many players are goin to stay loyal to their club they've played/trained with this season??

If their club is doin well and they go down there to play, it will show they are playing the game for the wrong reasons!!

I always thought if you played the game, you always aim to play the highest standard you can! Not move around for an extra fiver! It will cost more in that for petrol down there!

Guest Meagundo

If there are ££££'s to be had a Mullion dont you think that they may have spent them already this season rather than leaving it late. There is nomoney at Mullion which is why they rely on Local boys playing for their LOCAL team.

Guys give me a break i have gone back to mullion to try and help out, as far as money is concerned forget it you all have no idea,as far as doing nothing without money speak to some of the old boys at porthleven.I do not have a magic wand and it will be very hard but its a challange and one that i want to take on.We managed a result on Sat at newquay and hopefully when i return in a couple of weeks we can start to re-build.

If there are ££££'s to be had a Mullion dont you think that they may have spent them already this season rather than leaving it late. There is nomoney at Mullion which is why they rely on Local boys playing for their LOCAL team.

Hansome dan my name is alan carey whats yours?

he,s never won anything without money.And struggled to do that at port and helston,good manager :D

Guest blue203

Gents just reading some of the silly comments on this thread. Take it from someone who has been involved at Mullion for the last 4 yrs, and yes it has been a struggle at times the main reason for that is we have had to start rebuilding with a very young squad, This season has seen most of them players prove they are more than capable of playing at this level as most teams we have played would point out. With the right manager in place (as seen at Newquay with no new players on Saturday) Mullion Football Club should start moving up the table and over the next couple of seasons get to the level they used to be..

In answere to some of the comments !! Yes not many players want to travel out to Mullion thats why an average of 30 localish lads turn out every week for training, and not only do the first team have 14 players every Saturday the 2nds have 17 or 18 oh by the way the average of the first team is 20 and the 2nds about 18.. ( I bet all clubs wish they had a similar problem)

another comment was £££££s well Alan has seen the team play a few times this year and yes there is a requirement to bring in some expierence, I know that and so do the players, but as far as throwing £££££s into Mullion I don't think so.

My last word must go to the clown who commented about never winning anythink without money, yes there's a few premiership managers with the same problem, but they would also be welcome at Mullion, (are we the only club that would welcome these managers, I don't think so !!!)

Sorry to have gone on so long, and good luck to all the teams in the Combo !!!!

well said, as a fan of mullion fc im delighted with the news... quick question as i have not been able to attend many matches there in last few years are darren meagor and daniel higgins still there they looked very promising when i first started watchin mullion sum 5-6 years ago think they were both playing 2nds but both local lads so would be good if they've stuck around???

Best of luck to alan if he is in a posistion or has been in the past to support the team with cash then thats his buisness.I would suggest that his reasons for returning to his home club is simply to help out his own community where he will be amounst friends,give the man a rest,best of luck alan hope all goes well.Simmo is helping out at st teath with fitness at the moment,not getting paid just helping out a local side, paying me some respect as his first senior manager,all at st teath wish you and mullion a succsessful time

thats good news thanks drj are u playing fo them or just a fan?? i take it they are both 1st team players now!! im really lookin foward to watchin them play as a good fotballin team as they did in early 90's always felt in recent years the youngsters need to be managed correctly and alans man to do it!!

If the club says there is no money down there then how come you have put 7 days in for nicky meds from holmans,wouldnt of thought he would travel down there for nothing each week when holmans is on his doorstep?

well said, as a fan of mullion fc im delighted with the news... quick question as i have not been able to attend many matches there in last few years are darren meagor and daniel higgins still there they looked very promising when i first started watchin mullion sum 5-6 years ago think they were both playing 2nds but both local lads so would be good if they've stuck around???

just a quick reply about the two young players u mentioned!!you should know as you are one of them!!

for the record everyone "OLDMAN" is actually dan higgins himself!!

hahhah what a funny statement!!! that boy ennerz! im a vetran of the club and it holds a place close to my heart! iv seen many games over the years and believe ur club to be a very good one! i think u should concentrate on the matters in hand instead of silly games!!!

Crikey folks ,so many people posting under false names on this thread, too frightened to let others know who you are ? :(

Good luck to Mullion FC, great pitch and clubhouse, and if they have Mr Carey in charge that is a top appointment, but there are so many Green Eyed Monstors on this site ready to have a pop at Clubs and people from behind a strange name just as they did when Winno moved to Wendron from Newquay but dont have the decency to let everyone know who they are ??? :ninja:

Give us a break or keep your head up your own arse. ;0/ :blink:

Guest Peppermint

Some of us post under an alias but in most cases Forum users know who we are.

Hopefully Dermot you were not having a go at Newquay regarding Winno's move to Wendron because we have without exception beeen very supportive and have wished him the best of luck.

Not having a go at Newquay Graham,you know me better than that, i know Newquay had nothing but good words for Symon when he left. It just seems that when a Club or players have some good fortune or try to move forward the jealousy starts on this site thats all. ;0/ <_<