Cornwall Football Forum

NEW MANAGER

Guest know it all

The underlying problem...if it was ludgvan.is geographically where they are situated..around that area is clubs like penzance.st ives.mousehole.st just.hayle.who all seem more attractive to play for,and most players are not commited to a struggling team,(other than those allready there,and it's hard to bring them in..loyalty,now only exists in how much they get paid for by the club,and if any one player shines in the south west,then they are attracted to truro city if they are good enough..so all in all,most clubs will be feeder clubs to truro in the long run....if they call u go..it's as simple as that....so unfortuantely,ludgvan won't be alone..they have good facility's at ludgvan but they need someone who can bring in players who are willing to dig deep,and turn things around sharp..or it will be too little too late. :unsure:

i am the best-the manager is tony roberts, actually doing a better job than the idiot winno who departed to go onto better things i see.... 8-0 loss i see! i take it you were in goal then winno! anyway winno keep tryin your best to wind us up here at helston, we dont need a new manager but thanks for puttin your useless two bob in! you do make yourself look like a prize idiot!

Pepsi take a chill pill!!!!

I put Helston as I actually misread the post and knowing Mark had stood down I put Helston!!!!

Thanks for the personal attack I think youve made yourself look silly Mr Kettle. We lost 8-0 on Saturday but we are starting a complete rebuild at South West Peninsula League level and its going to take at least 6 weeks.Wendron are a club with major ambition and the best facilities in the county unlike others its done the right way and will take time.

As for Tony Ive wished him all the best on a number of occasions. But as for a better manager perhaps he is. But I will let last seasons results do my talking there eh.

Cheers Colin good luck for the rest of the season

Guest Bluesman

Well said Cola. Tony has done a splendid job. Just goes to prove what a man with a little bit of dedication and enthusiasm can do, even if you don't have the CV to go with it. At least he stood up and was prepared to to put his time in. Also well done to those guys that stepped forward from the junior sides when the prima donnas and managers moved on to BETTER THiNGS! Footy at this level don't need people with egos. It's a kick around on a Saturday afternoon to be enjoyed by players and spectators alike. Let's get back to reality.

Helston proved on Saturday that they are side to be taken seriously and not dismissed because the STARS have gone. It takes eleven man to make a side not one or two primas and a manager. Long may your success continue BLUES.

PS Good luck to Ludgvan

Another brave person hiding behind a name........ Please name some premos my friend..... We had a great season last year and I cannot seethe problem you have with it......

Guest Peppermint

I have to agree with Gillo10 - it does seem totally unfair that some people at Helston are having an unjustified go at Winno when he transformed the Club last season. A Cup Final and third place in the League which was only just behind Perranwell.

We at Newquay are not on the Forum denigrating Winno because he has moved on - at Newquay we are grateful for his input and wish well at Wendron.

For the record he has a transformation job to do at his new club and I am sure will do an excellent job there. He made some outstanding saves in the match at Mount Wise to prevent double figures and was powerless to do anything about the goals except if he was critical he might be disappointed not saving Scott Palmer's header.

Winno will always be welcome at Mount Wise - good luck for the future Winno except when you play Newquay!

• 3 weeks later...

Well just like to say Winno is a top fella. He wanted to pull the club where it should be... achieving!! Even Winno can't pull what doesn't want to be pulled...... ask the girls down his local!!! Sorry just kidding.

If someone has an offer to do something else they see as better then crack on i say, I am sure Winno regrets the way in which it happened, but we all have regrets, thats life. I wish him no ill feeling, only lots of luck. The reason Helston have under achieved lies elsewhere, many years of neglect see the club where it is now. But Boots, Tony, is a top fella. What he lacks in skills as a manager, he far exceeds in drive and passion!!! At the end of season last year i signed for Helston, not Winno, not Boots. I want to see Helston achieve, with either at the Helm it is/was possible.... but the club has to want to go in that direction.

Did not know about Mark. Big loss.

Kets, say hi to boys and tell them play out their skins cos' i want a place back..... anywhere!!!!

:drink::drink: :yahoo: