Cornwall Football Forum

NEW MANAGER

Guest know it all

Guest know it all

Following yesterdays result, An established combination club will be appointing a new manager in due course.

This post has been put on here to squash silly rumours and cornish whispers before it gets out of hand, as is what usally happens on here!!

Following yesterdays result, An established combination club will be appointing a new manager in due course.

This post has been put on here to squash silly rumours and cornish whispers before it gets out of hand, as is what usally happens on here!!

Surely by making that statement without saying which club or who the new manager will be, will keep people wondering and feed the rumours! :c:

Pidge we (holmans)didnt even have a game on saturday!!!!! :D:D

Just a guess here but i would think it would be Ludgvan, as we were due to play them saturday but are now playing Perranwell. This is to allow our original opposition to have 2 weeks without a fixture which on this seasons results some breathing space would be most welcome.

Only six teams played in the league or league cup on Saturday of which. Ludgvan, Wendron CC United Reserves and Penryn Athletic Reserves lost. It could be a change of manager in either one of those three.

Or are you all forgetting some combo teams were playing in the Senior Cup and some were defeated. Perhaps the poster is referring to one of those teams.

Granted, Ludgvan are in dire straits at the bottom of the table but perhaps the poster is talking about another club where more is expected from the team and manager and the club's committee have said enough is enough. Perhaps with a new 1st team manager at Wendron the club are putting a broom through all the management teams.

Or perhaps a team has found a financial backer who wants a new management set-up.

Or perhaps it's because a team has lost their manager to another team as they are doing so well so need to appoint a new boss.

I hope this has got you thinking just don't obviously think it is Ludgvan.

We will have to wait and see.

CTB

Guest cloak and dagger

Phil Kellow should be mentioned for the position, im sure he would be interested!

But is there any combination clubs left, that he hasn't been involved with!?

:drink:

Only six teams played in the league or league cup on Saturday of which. Ludgvan, Wendron CC United Reserves and Penryn Athletic Reserves lost. It could be a change of manager in either one of those three.

Or are you all forgetting some combo teams were playing in the Senior Cup and some were defeated. Perhaps the poster is referring to one of those teams.

Granted, Ludgvan are in dire straits at the bottom of the table but perhaps the poster is talking about another club where more is expected from the team and manager and the club's committee have said enough is enough. Perhaps with a new 1st team manager at Wendron the club are putting a broom through all the management teams.

Or perhaps a team has found a financial backer who wants a new management set-up.

Or perhaps it's because a team has lost their manager to another team as they are doing so well so need to appoint a new boss.

I hope this has got you thinking just don't obviously think it is Ludgvan.

We will have to wait and see.

CTB

CTB, Wendron were one of the winners on sat, come on you should know being the combo statto. :SM_carton_y: Think you mean't Newquay. :c:

Wendron 2nds won on sat 8-1 at Ludgvan and have improved alot on last season with our new manager Paul Murry so i wud be very shocked if it is Wendron :huh:

With the Newcastle comment Murph? They are going to do a Leeds mate!!

I don't think Jenks would go back into Football at Penryn, but your right he is the man to sort them out but i think the whole club could do with a bit of help, the glory days have long gone in all the teams, sad to see!

Guest know it all

Due to the sensitive nature of this subject, we (the club in question) are not at liberty to name ourselves!

Following last nights lengthly committee meeting, a decision still couldn't be reached on the right person to turn the club around.

We shall be meeting again early next week to resolve this on problem/feud.

A decision will posted here when it is agreed.

This post has been put on here to squash silly rumours and cornish whispers before it gets out of hand

There probably wouldn't have been if nothing was put on in the first place!

If it's to do with recent results - surely has to be Ludgvan, but on the basis of the same position as Newcastle, who in their right mind would take the task on? :D

wad of cash to splash.

And they'll probably still find it difficult to entice players in! Anyway, it doesn't matter what funds are available if there isn't a manager appointed soon.

Relegation already a serious possibility:-

The current bottom six....

FALMOUTH TN 8 3 1 4 22 18 4 10

PENRYN ATH 10 3 1 6 17 23 -6 10

WENDRON 9 3 1 5 17 25 -8 10

RNAS CULDROSE 7 0 3 4 17 25 -8 3

MULLION 9 1 0 7 10 36 -26 3

LUDGVAN 9 0 0 9 3 51 -48 0

Just a guess here but i would think it would be Ludgvan, as we were due to play them saturday but are now playing Perranwell. This is to allow our original opposition to have 2 weeks without a fixture which on this seasons results some breathing space would be most welcome.

how can the league let them get away with that . playing no fixtures for two weeks for some breathing space. perhaps all teams that are struggling should try it

I am currently studying my UEFA B license and would be interested in going into management at senior level-if youre interested just PM me.

It would mean me hanging up my boots at just 23 though-but managment is something i prefer, well if youre as bad as me you dont have an option!! :lol::lol:

All the best managers were bad players!! :lol::lol:

There is hope for me yet!

I am currently studying my UEFA B license and would be interested in going into management at senior level-if youre interested just PM me.

It would mean me hanging up my boots at just 23 though-but managment is something i prefer, well if youre as bad as me you dont have an option!! :lol::lol:

All the best managers were bad players!! :lol::lol:

There is hope for me yet!

I DONT AGREE WITH THAT LAST COMMENT, I WASNT A BAD PLAYER, AND WASNT A BAD MANAGER, AND I AV STARTED TO PLAY AGAIN AND STILL GOT THE GIFT.HAHAHAHAHA

how can the league let them get away with that . playing no fixtures for two weeks for some breathing space. perhaps all teams that are struggling should try it

To be honest Sammo i think the league have been quite sensible here. Clearly Ludgvan are experiencing problems on the pitch and i'm sure nobody would like to see another senior club end up in the position that Goonhaven found themselves in at the start of the season so a 2 week hiatus won't solve the problem but may allow time for a plan and key personnel to be installed

The big question has to be where are the players from the previous season? It would seem Ludgvan are not the only club to suffer an exodus during pre season and a lack of club loyalty.

Guest Postie Pidge

The big question has to be where are the players from the previous season? It would seem Ludgvan are not the only club to suffer an exodus during pre season and a lack of club loyalty.

Tell me about it! :SM_carton_y:

pitty i dont really agree with that statement what if after there lay off they get things back on track and finish the season 2nd bottom . would the team who finished bottom and would get relegated have been treated fairly. i dont think so not only that its two saturday games that will now have to be rearranged at the end of the season.

pitty i dont really agree with that statement what if after there lay off they get things back on track and finish the season 2nd bottom . would the team who finished bottom and would get relegated have been treated fairly. i dont think so not only that its two saturday games that will now have to be rearranged at the end of the season.

Thats a bit of a harsh daft statement Sammo...What if Ludgvan pull out of the league due to not being time to sort themselves out.....that would mean the team that finishes 2nd from bottom finish last!!!!!.......Its only 2 weeks and one game was against us and we have no problem with it as we have been rearranged against Perranwell, games get rearranged all the time, next week could see all the matches rained off and then we are into Senior cup week so they will have had 3 weeks off combo.

No team likes being hammered every week, believe me i've been there!!!! But its not that much fun for teams to hammer sides either, i would much rather play a close competitive game and come off (hopefully) as winners but really tested.

neil what im trying to say is they have given one team the chance to step back and sort themselves out so what happens in a few months if another team wants to do it and another after that. no one wants them to fold but surely you can hold meetings and sort yourself out and still put one side out on a saturday.

sammo shut up moaning typical gooner or should i say goon people are slating ludgvan left right and centre but they have quality facilities and i for one hope they end up ok. that village has had a poor team for a while now and they need help not slated by the likes of any of us