Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 27/09/08

St.Just 1-6 Threemilestone (HT 1-3)

A closer game than the scoreline suggests. Even though Threemilestone were the better side, the St.Just youngsters gave them a decent game in spells. At 3-1, Scott Megors chip beat the goalkeeper, but bounced off the post, with everybody waiting for it to go in. Later on, Geg Olds missed from 7 yards, making Ronnie Rosential a happy man!! As the game went on, there was only going to be one winner, but a 2 goal difference would of been a more realistic scoreline.

Troon 9 - 0 Gwinear.

Troon bounced back from last weeks slip-up against Robarts with a win that never looked in doubt for the off...

Straight from kick off troon put there opposition under pressure and on 2 mins the ref awarded a pen for a push in the back of Shane Richards....Shane stepped up to make it 1-0 after 2 mins.. Troon continued to push for another and when a weak clearence from the Gwinear defence fell into the path of Jamie Marles he ajusted his body and done a scissors kick from the penalty spot to make it 2-0.

Fair play to Gwinear who picked up an injury 25mins into the game and had to make a sub they never gave up but failed to create many chances of there own.

Good work from Woody on the left ended up in his croos being put into his own net,with shane richards outting the defender under pressure...he has claimed the goal...as any good striker would...dodgy!!! lol!! 3-0 HT.

As soon as the whistle was blown for the second half troon again pressured the gwinear defence and shane made it 4-0 with a good little finish from the pen spot again after good work from richard scott and danny bell, he then completed his hattrick with another predetor finish inside the box.

Good work from danny bell on the left eneded up in a great header from shane richards to grab his 4th!! and then troon made3 subs at once, and stretched there lead when james reynolds put in a pin point cross for clayton reynolds to put another fine header into the net.

Then form a corner new signing Brett Warsden(ex portreath)(possibly spelt wrong,sorry Brett!!) let rip with a looping shot from 6,maybe 5yards out to make it 8-0!! lol

Danny bell rounded off the scoring and he deserved it for the hard work he put into the 90 mins, so final score 9-0.

Troon had there foot on the gas form the off today, but credit to gwinear who never gave up and battled to the end. the ref was pretty good also which is never bad.

good luck to Gwinear for the rest of the season from Troon AFC.

also,beefy likes to watch dogs at it........he doesn't get out much.............

Well, when you have awesome players coming into the squad, and only enough for 11 to start..

I'd rather play a full 90 with our reserves..

I was there last season when we beat you at your place... Great feeling :D

Nothing wrong with a bit of banter!!! After all, This is football!!!

Poacher park?

People are talking about Troon

People want to play for Troon.

Just look at the table :D

Its good to have a clash of opinions, don't you think? Makes everything much more interesting

troon will find out,what is being spoken about them soon enough, just to reassure you there DD

" you cant win the league in september! "

Now now lads. Lets leave it at that please. Troon are a cracking side and im sure they will win the league. We battled for the win. Im the manager of Robartes so please let it lie. Thankyou.

no problemo gaff!

Halsetown 2 - 1 St Ives Town Reserves

Good derby played in good spirit for most of game!

considering we had no official ref it was a credit to both sets off players that the game was played in a good spirit, marc allen didnt quite live up to his pre match billing and was subtituted early in the first half, pete branwell scored two goals for the second saturday in a row, and jake cook scored a good header for st ives to liven up the last 15 mins, on the balance of play halsetown just about deserved a win against a strong

st ives side who could have nicked a draw at the end, like to thank dave worral for reffing fairly and very well.

Well said Darren, enough is enough You guys deserved the win last week as I mentioned in last weeks post.

Good win for us today so just happy about that!!!!!!

Looking forward to our return fixture just before xmas i do believe, hope we turn up next time or else you guys will beat us again. :rolleyes:

Mining 3

Redruth utd Res 0 - 4 St Buryan (h/t 0-1)

Another pathetic second half performance from Redruth for the second week in a row we go in at 1-0 down still well in the game but just fail to come out for the second half, yes we were well understrength and with barely 11 players (seemed like about 8 at times) but that is no excuse for such a p**s poor performance, well done to St Buryan for taking full advantage

Mining 1

Gulval 1-3 Redruth Utd

Great win for the first team who played the whole game with only 10 men!

Yep Redruth played 90mins with 10 men. Not that you could tell !

Darren had a game plan and his lads stuck to it, keep ball, easy when you know how. My lads fell into the rap of thinking it was gonna be easy.

As it was we went 3 down and started to play but that was at 80mins.

Very disappointing as hs resulted in a lot navel gazing from me.

Great ref in George Patterson by the way, first class.

Well done Darren who shaded Phil for MOM.

troon will find out,what is being spoken about them soon enough, just to reassure you there DD

" you cant win the league in september! "

You're right there! Good luck for rest of season anyway!

div 2

illogan 3rds 1 - 1 titans

good game played in good spirit draw was a fair result titans goal was a weired one a cross across the box and a blatant hand ball i think everyone in illogan saw it apart from the ref, fair play to illogan they kept pushing forward and the equalizer came in the second half.

goal scorers

titans p barnes

illogan a callaway

Maradona IS fit and well and playing for the titans!! as you said titan1 i DID use my hand to score but it was just a reaction thing and not something i decided to do sorry to the illogan boy but thats the way it goes sometimes, we need a bit of luck at the mo and that could change our season.

Division 3

West Cornwall 6 Gulval Res. 2

The best team won, no complaints from Gulval. Two goals to West Cornwall in the opening few minutes gave us an early mountain to climb. We did get ourselves back into game, and actually looked like we would score next. Then a long free kick floated in to the box and a "spooned" cross shot was put into my own net! First ever own goal (I think) in my 87 year playing career. Booo! Anyway, we kept battling, and Phil Harvey grabbed a goal back before half time.

Gulval were still in the hunt second half, and pressed to get more goals, but the home team, to their credit, played football, and looked dangerous on the break. Indeed, one such break ended with their 4th goal to really settle the result midway through the half. Gulval responded with a Tom Mockford long range effort, but ultimately we were denied any last gasp fight back by an unfortunate off-side decision that resulted in a goal direct from the free-kick, and the last and final goal from the home side, and certainly the pick of the bunch. Don't know the lads name, had a bit of "banter" with him during the game, but a great first touch and great finish wrapped up the points deservedly for the home team who stay top of the Division 3 table.

Mining Division 2

(Fixture played at Threemilestone as Goonhavern unable to use their pitch)

Goonhavern AFC 6 (5) v (2) 4 Threemilestone Res

Threemilestone scorers: Jolly (2), Howson, M Luff

I have to give full credit to Goonhavern for beating us at Polstain Road. I had a strong team out but we just did not work hard enough in the first half and conceded some really poor goals. TMS started off fairly well but somehow contrived to concede 3 goals in the first 10 minutes, then pulled backed 2 before the quarter hour mark. Goonhavern then scored twice to leave us an uphill struggle.

The second half saw us start a little slowly and went further behind when the ref awarded one of those penalties which on the majority of games would not have been given - the old ball to hand / hand to ball lark; it was definitely ball to hand. Finding ourselves 6 - 2 down is an experience that many of the team have not found themselves in before. (I have on several occasions in my career) but I must give the boys their dues they turned the heat up for the last 25 minutes and pulled two goals back and should have scored another 2 before the final whistle. The old saying if only we had another 10 mins or so then we may have pulled the game round, my answer to this is "If you had started playing from the start you would not have found yourselves in that situation".

Once again well done to Mike and Darren and the lads from Goonhavern, they worked hard and deserved their victory. Although we have lost 2 in a row for a newly promoted team 12 / 18 points I suppose can be seen as a good start, just that it is disappointing when you know silly mistakes have cost you possible another 6 points. <_< :blink:

Well done Darren who shaded Phil for MOM.

Bloody hell...I'd better frame that quote. Doesn't happen often.

Thanks for your kind words Mike. Yes, we had 10 men - we knew last weekend that both teams were going to really struggle today with players - between both teams we had 8 players either working, on holiday, sick, or just plain not interested :angry2: This season both squads are a little threadbare so I knew it was touch and go.

We had our 11th man let us down at 1pm so decided to travel with 10. I'm not one for orchestrating a postponement so felt we had to go for it. Reserves had a bare 11 as well so no-one to call on there (their 11th man turned up at 2pm!).

Anyway, for all my lads that are reading this - well done guys very proud of you all. I think Mike will agree we wanted it more, and for most of the game played the better football. Some slightly nervous 2nd half moments but overall I have to say we looked comfortable. Thinking about putting out 9 men against St Keverne in the Junior Cup and see how we go...........(joking joking of course).

Thanks to Rhondda for running our line as well. Didn't get too many chances to either lift or forget to lift that itchy right arm cos I decided not to play offside just in case!!! A very fair performance from you in any case mate. All the Gulval lads gracious in defeat. Referee was, I agree, outstanding. Constantly talking, correcting, commanding, all in the right way.

Maradona IS fit and well and playing for the titans!! as you said titan1 i DID use my hand to score but it was just a reaction thing and not something i decided to do sorry to the illogan boy but thats the way it goes sometimes, we need a bit of luck at the mo and that could change our season.

Can't believe you have come on here and admited to being a cheat.What is the point in saying sorry to Illogan now.A pity you didnt have the balls to tell the ref at the time !

Mining 3

Madron res - 6 Wendron 5ths - 0

Wendron lads only turned up with 9 players all credit to them for working hard. (I know how frustrating getting beaten while fielding a beleaguered team is (we do it most weeks))

a Desperately needed 3 pts for us

Can't believe you have come on here and admited to being a cheat.What is the point in saying sorry to Illogan now.A pity you didnt have the balls to tell the ref at the time !

If the ref had asked me then i would have told him but as he didnt i was'nt about run over and tell him, snake you sound like a w*n!er to me i ve never seen you posting on here before!!!!!

If the ref had asked me then i would have told him but as he didnt i was'nt about run over and tell him, snake you sound like a w*n!er to me i ve never seen you posting on here before!!!!!

Maybe he only say's something when he considers it important of worthwhile??.

or just plain not interested :angry2:

I'm starting to learn how that feels I think Darren. "Disheartening" to say the least. :angry2: :(

Fair enough pal.what does anybody else think ? not of me of your cheating !