Cornwall Football Forum

Illogan AFC Training

Guest meady

Gee i hope you mean your own ground. The other is council pitch and we are starting work on that one. Council pitches are not to be used till the 16th August.

From what our 3rd's say and of what i've seen the pitch over the Park hasn't had any work done to it in about 4 years so thats good news at least.

Ill mention it to Mark but we have always trained there pre season and never had issue yet and there is plenty of space so can't see it causing us issues.

Guest bundithegreat

one players voice isnt a team voice, i am sure when training starts there will be loads of fun and more than enough players to fill the two teams, but lets wait and see.

meady dont be nasty let illogan train, stop worrying about stopping everyother team from training just coz we havent started ha ha

Illogan AFC Pre season training starts at Illogan Park on Tuesday 8th July and Thursday 10th July.

All welcome old and new so feel free to come along.

You should say experienced and new....thats sounds better to me....! :thumbsup:

Guest titan1

Gee i hope you mean your own ground. The other is council pitch and we are starting work on that one. Council pitches are not to be used till the 16th August.

Dont want 2b rude but there is only 7 weeks left and just been out to park road and shock horror still a foot deep hole in both goals and not even as much as a single seed or turf laid, well iam no gardener but even i know what ever is done now will not be ready for 16th august. is this just our pitch or is it the same for all council pitches ? it maybe the case ours is the last in line i dont know ! but i do know if nothing is done this season and we have a bad winter that will be alot of games called off for the three teams that play there !

Guest bundithegreat

you know what to do, put some seed down yourself if you dont like your pitch, what you on about lay turf, its a little pitch not wembley!!!!!

Bundi I think it is fair to want to play on a decent pitch. If not Titans will have all the other teams complaining to them when it isn't their fault.

If Andy says it will be done then I suggest that it probably will be!

Guest bundithegreat

all i was trying to get across was in cornwall if you want a decent pitch you have to pay big money like portreath and storm do, if you have to use a council pitch you are gonna get a low standard of pitch, think most teams are grateful of a place to play with abit of grass on it, we all know the pitches in cornwall are shocking specially with our great summer sun lol

have a good season fatso i am sure you will and well done on becoming a feeder club for city, looks like storm will be a force not to mess with this year!!!!!

Guest postman pat

this is not titans fc having a go at KDC but i will reply to bundithegreat.its easy to come on here and make wise comments when you do not know all the details.correct me if i am wrong but were you not telling everyone to leave your own club alone last week, "people in glass houses mr williams"

we had a genuine concern and asked a simple question.end of, its only people like yourself who are trying to upset people. if we had a problem with Kdc we would not air it on this web site but would go through the proper channels as i am sure andy mead knows. i have spoken to him on numerous occasions and have even offered suggestions.

because we are using a council pitch, if we did do as you say "throw down some grass seed" who would be liable if someone got injured :glare: as anyone who has been to our pitch knows it will take more than just grass seed to repair the goal mouths that is why you leave it to the experts :c:

Guest meady

postman pat we are starting tomorrow, first topping up and then with heavy turf. that will give it about 5 weeks to knit. Bundie please be quiet your not helping me much. I have enough on my plate already and I am going to need all the help I can get.

Nice one Meady thats all good to hear.

Also in case this has been lost in the post along the way Illogan training is still going ahead as usual tonight at 6.30pm and on thursday at 6.30pm.

Obviously we won't be training on the pitch but on the surrounding grounds of which there is loads so it will have no impact on the training at all.

Guest bundithegreat

bloody hell talk about gumpy old men on here!!!!

no sense of humour my first post was a joke, you lot must be all old and grumpy or our all refs coz they are miserable buggers aswell, why not lighten up a little on here!!!!!