Cornwall Football Forum

Best Falmouth players 11 from 80s,90s to present?

Im bored at home on a saturday night. Just thought it would be interesting to see what peoples best Falmouth team 11 from the 80s,90s,to present would be? I think if i had put of all time, then people would have just put the players from the 70s.

Dave Philp

Paul Sidey

Andy Parr

Tommy Matthews

Dave Gardner ****

Adrian Street

Andy Street

Andy Waddell

Mark Rapsey RAPPO

Nigel Thwaites

Jason Carwardine

Does anyone know what the likes of Andy Waddell, Andy Street, Andy Parr doing these days?

I have followed Falmouth for almost 40 years and rate Andy Street the second best player seen at Bickland.

My all time favourite was Norman Ashe 1970's- both attacking midfield players.

I will always remember Andy playing in a PSF v Argyle first team and he was easily the most industrious player on the park-I went home convinced that if it wasn't for his age he would have interseted the Plymouth club.

A couple of seasons ago or so I saw the name Andy Waddell scoring on a match report for Shamwickshire (near Bideford I think) playing in the North Devon league.

I have followed Falmouth for almost 40 years and rate Andy Street the second best player seen at Bickland.

My all time favourite was Norman Ashe 1970's- both attacking midfield players.

I will always remember Andy playing in a PSF v Argyle first team and he was easily the most industrious player on the park-I went home convinced that if it wasn't for his age he would have interseted the Plymouth club.

A couple of seasons ago or so I saw the name Andy Waddell scoring on a match report for Shamwickshire (near Bideford I think) playing in the North Devon league.

played against norman when he was old and bold,he still ran the middle of the park,top player :clapper:

What league and club was Norman playing for then- Mr.M ?

The last I seem to remember was in 1983/84 season in the JCCL for Falmouth.

i was playing for truros combo side,early 80s,i think it might have been the last season for norman,i was next to him when he hit a screamer fron fully 30 yrds,no back lift,just a pleasure to watch mike,i woulnt mention the 6yrd screamer of truros goal heee :clapper: :c:

Guest Postie Pidge

How sad is this. Is this all that is left at Falmouth just memories

Probably the best memories of any other Cornish club

Sorry Postie Pidge, but how can you possibly say .....

Probably the best memories of any other Cornish club

You've just made yourself sound like all those Truro "fans" that constantly get chastised on here!

Any football memory is great but, one's own club's memories will always be the best.

:D

Would struggle to name just 11 but some of the best I have seen :

DAVE PHILP

DAVE LEONARD

STEVE ROGERS

RONNIE BARR

GRAHAM HEARD

TOMMY MATTHEWS

PADDY SCRACE

DAVE GARDNER

GARY WIGNALL

NEIL PHILIPS

ADRIAN STREET

ANDREW STREET

ANDY WADDELL

MARK RAPSEY

PHIL SHAPCOTT

NIGEL THWAITES

ANDY PARR

CHRIS LONG

JUSTIN ASHBURN

MIKE ROBERTS

ANDY BOWKER

Alot of the above involved in F.A. vase runs in mid 80s. Prob half of them living in or around the Falmouth area. Dont think many clubs anywhere would match that achievement

Guest Ronin

I've got an F A Vase Quarter Final programme from 1987 when Falmouth Town played St Helens Town away and the team is listed as:

J Dent

S Rogers

P Scrace

G Heard

R Barr

T Matthews

N Phillips

C Thomas

C Long

P Shapcott

G Wignall

R Tomlin

T Kenealy

J Collins

The match ended a 1-1 draw and Falmouth lost the replay at Bickland Park 1-0. St Helens went on to win the Vase beating neighbours Warrington Town 3-2

Guest Postie Pidge

Graham "The Legend" Heard won't be appearing in the match - even after I offered to chauffeur him to the ground. He feels at the age of 47 that he is too old!

• 7 months later...

I watched falmouth from early 90's up until recently, and saw some great individuals, and great teams (a few years back now if we're honest) My best 11 would be

Sid Taylor

Jake Ash

Andy Parr

Paul Wilmott

Tommy Matthews

Ian Gosling

Adrian Street

Andy Street

Nigel Thwaites

Mark 'The Legend' Rapsey

Dale Band

In goal,Brian Helley by a mile,not the 80,s i know,but the best keeper Town have had.

The legend that is Joey Scott.

Steve Mallet,who replaced Joey.

Norman Ashe

George Torrance

Paddy Scrace and Graham Heard,both great defenders.

Tommy Matthews of course.

Nigel Menhennick.

Nigel Thwaites

Neil Phillips.

As for Guiness,he/she has a habit of posting negative comments on Town,as i said to you on the SWPL Forum,if the topic doesn't interest you,don't read it,it's not rocket science!