Cornwall Football Forum

portreath v trvenson game off

Guest mariner

Absoloute disgrace won all u can win this season and now cant raise a side :SM_carton: Hope u suffer in the combo next season :SM_carton:

Guest titan1

correct me if i am wrong but portreath have 2 sides and they are saying they cant raise 1 ! wrong on so many levels for a club thats pushing for combo. :SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton: :SM_carton:

Guest spurs03

:SM_carton: when I was playing football I would rather play the game than watch it, what a discrace

2 teams and cant raise one team because football is on the telly,if I was in charge I would take 3 points away for the game today and a further 3 points from next season. :SM_carton:

:SM_carton: when I was playing football I would rather play the game than watch it, what a discrace

2 teams and cant raise one team because football is on the telly,if I was in charge I would take 3 points away for the game today and a further 3 points from next season. :SM_carton:

This has been discussed in earlier topics

Guest meady

I have just got back from a 5 day rugby tour in France. I don’t know what happened to the first team this weekend and only a little about the other game being abandoned. How this hurts me to say but I do agree it’s a bad way to finish our season. I don’t know what else to say at present but sorry to those that have been annoyed by this.

Iheard today that the young referee called time early because of the abuse hurled at him by one of his so called assistants .

Wonder if he will send a report to CCFA for an abandoned match this time ???

Maybe its time they gave refs with some balls a few games rather then leave them sitting at home. :D

Guest postman pat

some of these young refs. need to have some mentoring or they will be lost to the game.if a young player comes into a team (adult) they are brought on gradually.i know it is difficult with young refs. but they will be lost to the game for good if we are not carefull.

as with players some refs are ready to move on quicker than others but, players have the comfort of their team if they make a mistake. as a ref you are on your own and believe me when you make a mistake as we all have it is a very lonely and at times intimidating place to be on the pitch. it is bad enough for more experienced refs but to be young and new must be very frightening indeed.we must be more patient as adults.i know this is easy to say because in the heat of a game we all say things without thinking but this is were the respect campaigne comes from.

when we all started playing football nobody liked to be shouted at when we made mistakes so please try and think of these young refs. and even if they allow be constructive with them on their performance after the game :c:

Many of the young referees which referee in our lower leagues are being mentored and are in the county Development Group, which has worked over the past two seasons promoting two referees both under 21 to Level 4 (Supply League). This group has also had the delight to have 5 of the young referees promoted to Combo next season. They won't get it if they dont deserve it.

From my experience some of the players need to think that it is any othere referee and not think that they will get an easy ride tonight because it is a young referee who we can try and intimidate so these referees can just referee a normal game.

Guest postman pat

bighairydave i know about the mentoring scheme but where was this young refs mentor? from the comments on this thread this is not the first time there has been cause for concern about this ref :SM_carton_y: the point i am trying to make is that the so called good refs will get their promotion and move on to level 4 at 21 but the refs left behind are the bread and butter of the county because without foundations the building will collapse.

not all refs will move on to higher things out of county same as not all players will play for a premiership team but that does not say that they are not as important to the game.

you will have noticed i have tried to support the ref in this instance because like you i am a ref and will not slag off another ref. this young referee obviosly needs some guidance on his man management when someone like soccerfollower is saying what he did. its okay to have a mentor scheme but we need to protect these young refs and not hang them out to dry :c:

I totally agree that maybe he need someone there every game but there is the problem. Many of the senior officials, including the 2 level 4's, still referee and the mentoring scheme in the county doesnt have enough people to have someone watching every game. In the games I have seen him referee I believe his general grasp of the laws is good and his man-management being built on. I can assure you we are trying!!

Guest postman pat

bighairydave i dont doubt it for one minute that you are trying, and also know the logistics of watching every game but surely if sides ARE!!!! mentioning about a certain ref. then he needs to be helped.

i also know that clubs will not give a low mark to refs because of apathy. 1. they cannot be bothered to submit a letter 2. they feel nothing will be done <_< these are not my thoughts just what i hear on the touchline and in the clubhouses.until we change peoples attitudes some refs will still be crucified on the grapevine :SM_carton:

i am not talking about the ref. at the tms v portreath game but refs in general.

we all know there are good and not so good refs just like there are good and not so good players but people do not come on places like this and slag off not so good players like they do refs.this is because as i said before as a ref you do not have your team mates to protect you.bullying and harassment are easy when it is a group against one.that comment may seem strong but that is what it feels like when you are on the end of these attacks.

i know we can use the excuse that things are said in the heat of the moment and it is a passionate game but at the end of the day the ref. likes the game just as much as the players.like players refs. make mistakes and need coaching but refs. do not have the luxury of turning up for club training every week and training on personnal skills. the only way refs. can improve is to ask or just get out there and make mistake and learn from it.obviously players are not so patient with refs. as they are with players.why do you think we are so short of refs. :glare: :glare: