Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Thursday April 25 2024

EAST

Newton Abbot Spurs     3-1              Elburton Villa

Sidmouth Town   2-5         Okehampton Argyle

Torrington           0-0         Bovey Tracey

WEST

Launceston          1-1         Dobwalls

Truro City Reserves    0-2   Wadebridge Town (at Wadebridge)

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Thursday April 25 2024

1 hour ago, Wetsuit said:

Busy night at Launceston.  4 reds 2 sin bins 3 yellows     Last minute pen that never was.   

You only have to look at who was refereeing and then the above makes complete sense. 

Why do the SWPL continue to allow such a ref to ruin local football matches because he is unable to 1) control his own in-game emotions and 2) communicate with those around him. It’s been happening for 10 years now consistently. He shouldn’t be allowed to ref at this level. 

2nd pen was identical to the 1st pen earlier in the game, so at least he was consistent there. 

10 minutes ago, frank de bouff said:

You only have to look at who was refereeing and then the above makes complete sense. 

Why do the SWPL continue to allow such a ref to ruin local football matches because he is unable to 1) control his own in-game emotions and 2) communicate with those around him. It’s been happening for 10 years now consistently. He shouldn’t be allowed to ref at this level. 

2nd pen was identical to the 1st pen earlier in the game, so at least he was consistent there. 

Take the course and get out there and show him how to do it. 👍

13 minutes ago, John Mead said:

1. The SWPL do not appoint nor select Referees.

2. If a Referee consistently applies the "letter of the law", what's the problem? Players should be bright enough to recognise the way things are going and adjust their behaviour accordingly.

Yes, it must all be the players faults, never the refs. Even a ref who’s had his own thread on here countless times discussing how he ruins football matches because he cannot control his emotions, manage the game and loves to make it all about himself and his shocking decisions. Incredible how people on here wrap refs in bubble wrap without a clue of the details of the game. 

But yes, not his fault at all, must be all the players’ fault. 

Am sure some of the players last night will admit they weren’t perfect, but to solely blame them and negate any blame to an incompetent ref is idiotic. 

1 hour ago, frank de bouff said:

Am sure some of the players last night will admit they weren’t perfect, but to solely blame them and negate any blame to an incompetent ref is idiotic. 

My point was not suggesting Referees are infallible or are never mistaken in their decisions; it was that players should adapt to the situations they find themselves facing - as they do every week with different opposition.

Respect is something sadly diminishing in today's society - whether that be in sport, across neighbourhoods or, indeed, on social media platforms.

2 hours ago, frank de bouff said:

Yes, it must all be the players faults, never the refs. Even a ref who’s had his own thread on here countless times discussing how he ruins football matches because he cannot control his emotions, manage the game and loves to make it all about himself and his shocking decisions. Incredible how people on here wrap refs in bubble wrap without a clue of the details of the game. 

🤡 

The referee has no doubt been in the middle at both of these clubs several times so they should know what he is like.

If you keep off his back you will not have too many issues. 

He is as has already been pointed out only human and does make mistakes as do we all.

A number of players only have themselves to blame for the cards they received as they could not keep their mouth shut.

Both sides have a number of young players who need to learn that right or wrong a referee will rarely change his mind after he has made a decision.

If club managers and senior players lead by example and drum  this into their younger players and concentrate on their performance it will be more enjoyable for everyone.

Without a referee there is no game, show them a bit more respect and the hair may attract more new officials.

In the games I've seen this season my opinion is that the standard is good.players however don't seem to learn.look at the stats 4 reds, sin bins etc. That doesn't show a referee is out of control, it's the players that couldn't get their head around it after the first sin bin or red card. How many more warnings do players need?

I just asked someone who the ref was and I've seen him twice this season and each time I think he's been good.i think the post at the top is not fair.  I've not been down. Here long but I know this ref to do the games properly and not worry about what people think or the score he will get at the end.a ref once told me that the best refs are the ones that don't care what they get scored because they will follow the rules and apply them properly without worrying about upsetting the clubs and assessors