Teignmouth           1-0            Elburton Villa

Torridgeside          2-4              Sidmouth Town

WEST

Callington Town     2-1             Sticker

Camelford              0-0             Mullion

Holsworthy            1-2              AFC St Austell

Newquay                1-1             Liskeard Athletic

Penzance                0-3             Launceston

St Dennis               1-4           Truro City Reserves (at Godolphin)

Wadebridge Town      3-2       Bude Town

Wendron United      4-2            Dobwalls

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday April 13, 2024

Some interesting result’s in the SWPL. Another win for Launceston, and they’re climbing the table fast with games in hand. Launceston Football Club definitely in safe hands with Neil Price in charge. Plus, is the pressure getting to Liskeard ? Excellent playing squad, good on the eye, but there seems to be something missing.

Harrison and I went along to watch Bude play their final match of the season at Wadebridge. 
TBH, they played it as though the season had already finished. The kept Wadebridge honest throughout the game but couldn’t really get any momentum in the match. Actually Wadebridge weren’t much better as it was a really scrappy affair, which wasn’t helped by some erratic refereeing. I don’t like commenting on referee performances but this wasn’t  great today. 

Bude had a 1st half goal chalked off for offside I believe but the Bude player in the offside position want interfering with play?? So the hosts went in at halftime one goal to the good after a long drive towards goal moved quite a bit in air and left Hill in goal wondering how it got past him. They doubled the lead during the second half. Bude getting one back with a good headed goal before Wadebridge scored another to again hold a 2 goal lead. A penalty for Bude made the final few minutes interesting but the home team held on for the 3-2 win. 
Harrison and I have enjoyed following Bude this season, it has been an interesting watch as Bude evolved into a team who in the last few weeks have played some good football. 
Hopefully they can keep the bulk of this team together next season and can get the discipline sorted as they have the makings of a decent team. 

PENZANCE 0 LAUNCESTON 3
In-form Launceston stormed to a fifth consecutive win, ruthlessly curtailing Penzance’s own four game unbeaten run with a clinically professional performance at Penlee Park.
The home side were up against it once goalkeeper Will Trenoweth was ruled out with a back injury. Kam Collins deputised between the sticks and the Magpies sorely missed his steely presence in midfield.
Nonetheless, had they taken early chances, things might have been very different. Jacob Trudgeon pushed a presentable chance wide after 20 minutes at the end of a slick passing move. He was then very unlucky with a perceptive effort from just inside his own half having spotted Lewis Slade off his line. However, the Clarets keeper just manage to make his ground and hook the ball off the line.
Launceston, though, always carried a potent threat. Mark Vercesi did well to clear a George Beardsmore shot off the goal-line, but the break-through came when former Truro, Bath and Bideford hitman Andy Watkins soared like an osprey to apply a text book header to a cross from the left. Barely a minute later, Lewis Young slithered through to roll in a second and Penzance had a mountain to climb.
That took on Himalayan proportions ten minutes after the restart when Collins fouled Watkins and Mike Steele tucked away a third goal from the penalty spot. James Butler and Charlie Willis both had shots saved by Slade but Launceston came closest to adding a fourth when Dan Clifton missed a sitter from a centre by fellow substitute Josh Chidley.
Penzance threw on Ewan Trevains, Michael Fitchett, Adam Lewis (for his debut) and Gareth Ireson-Ward, but the replacements were unable to make any impact despite their opponents finishing with just nine players following a sin-binning and the dismissal of centre-back Jude Jago for a second booking.     
“We have to move on quickly from today’s game,” said Penzance manager Ashley Waters. “We were out of sorts and d the early chances we missed proved costly. Launceston were clinical - something we have to be when we are on top. They were worthy winners today. Tuesday will be another big test against a quality Wadebridge outfit - I’m sure the boys are keen to put today’s performance right.” 

Penzance: Kam Collins, Archie Reynolds, Alfie Turner (Ewan Trevains 46), Ollie Butler, Mark Vercesi (Gareth Ireson-Ward 82), Liam Andrew, Jacob Trudgeon, James Butler, Tyler Tonkin (Michael Fitchett 75), Darry Richards, Charlie Willis (Adam Lewis 80). Unused sub: Ashley Mead
Launceston: Lewis Slade, Mark Wilson, Declan Woodgate, Archie Wall, Jude Jago, George Beardsmore, Lewis Young, Jake Ham, Andy Watkins, Mike Steele, Mason Tape. Subs: Dan Clifton, Liam Raglan, Jaden Wood, Josh Chidley
Referee: Steve McCulloch
Assistants: David Dodson, Dave Rowe
Attendance: 121

I was nervous about the 2 Newquay fixtures and even more so after their St Austell win. A couple of fellow fans thought we had the upper hand but Newquay have proven themselves to be no walk over. With last weeks loss gone, I thought that Liskeard were on the front foot first half but where goals have been free flowing this season, inability to take chances felt like it'd come back to bite. How it did! More points dropped and advantage St Austell. A tough trip for them to Dobwalls coming up. Feel the Blues need to win out from here now.

10 minutes ago, Luke Gibbons said:

Launceston are flying!! Top of the form table over the past 10 games (W9 L1). Superb for Neil and the boys.

Yeah have to say once the opening 20 minutes or so were out of the way Saturday, and then with Launceston scoring twice in less than two minutes, the visitors looked comfortable to go on and ensure the win.

The only thing I didn't quite understand was why the match, with the scoreline 3-0, got a bit feisty towards the end!!!

Saw that, a red and sin-bin? Was strange to see online.

On 13/04/2024 at 22:55, Scott Foley - The Jam Tart said:

Harrison and I went along to watch Bude play their final match of the season at Wadebridge. 
TBH, they played it as though the season had already finished. The kept Wadebridge honest throughout the game but couldn’t really get any momentum in the match. Actually Wadebridge weren’t much better as it was a really scrappy affair, which wasn’t helped by some erratic refereeing. I don’t like commenting on referee performances but this wasn’t  great today. 

Bude had a 1st half goal chalked off for offside I believe but the Bude player in the offside position want interfering with play?? So the hosts went in at halftime one goal to the good after a long drive towards goal moved quite a bit in air and left Hill in goal wondering how it got past him. They doubled the lead during the second half. Bude getting one back with a good headed goal before Wadebridge scored another to again hold a 2 goal lead. A penalty for Bude made the final few minutes interesting but the home team held on for the 3-2 win. 
Harrison and I have enjoyed following Bude this season, it has been an interesting watch as Bude evolved into a team who in the last few weeks have played some good football. 
Hopefully they can keep the bulk of this team together next season and can get the discipline sorted as they have the makings of a decent team. 

Enjoyed your reports this season Scott, pretty fair and unbias whilst willing to call a few out. Assume you'll watch the 2s, they are flying in the St Piran League.

3 hours ago, Luke Gibbons said:

Enjoyed your reports this season Scott, pretty fair and unbias whilst willing to call a few out. Assume you'll watch the 2s, they are flying in the St Piran League.

Oh Scott can do bias...... mention Hibernian and you'll soon see it 😉 Top bloke despite THAT affiliation - Jambos not Bude LOL!!!

8 hours ago, Luke Gibbons said:

Thanks Luke. Much appreciated. Funnily enough I fancied the semi final at Launceston yesterday. However after 6 hours of gardening, I wasn’t going anywhere. They are having a decent season and will be gutted at missing out on the final. 

As for Bude, I have a shocker of a memory so my reports will always be a little vague. But always honest and fair. 

5 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Oh Scott can do bias...... mention Hibernian and you'll soon see it 😉 Top bloke despite THAT affiliation - Jambos not Bude LOL!!!

Ha Ha. You are a cheeky chap. That’s the clean version of how I normally refer to hibs fans. 

1 hour ago, Scott Foley - The Jam Tart said:

Thanks Luke. Much appreciated. Funnily enough I fancied the semi final at Launceston yesterday. However after 6 hours of gardening, I wasn’t going anywhere. They are having a decent season and will be gutted at missing out on the final. 

As for Bude, I have a shocker of a memory so my reports will always be a little vague. But always honest and fair. 

Ha Ha. You are a cheeky chap. That’s the clean version of how I normally refer to hibs fans. 

Enjoyed the reports Scott! Catch you on an touchline soon fella! Probably at Lanson tomorrow and Cally v Liskeard on Friday.