Cornwall Football Forum

ALL THE RESULTS from Tuesday March 26 through to Easter Monday, April 1, 2024

That some win for Barnstaple being 2 nil down with a few ex helston players in the ranks.  

I notice Stu bowker absent from Barnstaple team and now playing for Bideford not sure what gone on there I thought he was one of the main men at Barnstaple 

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

That some win for Barnstaple being 2 nil down with a few ex helston players in the ranks.  

I notice Stu bowker absent from Barnstaple team and now playing for Bideford not sure what gone on there I thought he was one of the main men at Barnstaple 

Bowks put a tweet out week or so ago saying his time at Barum had come to an end. Don't know if there was a falling out or not 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to ALL THE RESULTS from Tuesday March 26 through to Easter Monday, April 1, 2024
On 28/03/2024 at 20:49, Roy of the Rovers said:

Exactly Dave.  

With an attendance that could have been in the 1500-2000 range I am sure Helston did everything they could do get this match on.  With ticket and bar takings, this was a £10,000 plus revenue day for them.  No way they would postpone this until they were 100% sure it was not playable.  

Lots of other WL and SWPL games, including neighbour Wendron, also called off already today. 

Remember back in the 80's and 90's, Boxing Day matches were played on pitches that sometimes resembled ploughed fields. When faced with the prospect of a bumper gate, there was only one winner in the treasurer v groundsman contest. Different times though