Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City v Weymouth - Tuesday 12 March 2024 - POSTPONED!

28 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Oh well, they tried! A few other games off tonight around the place as well.

Really starting to think that the season might not get finished. Need 3 or 4 dry, sunny and ideally, windy days, so groundstaff can get onto pitches. Looking at the weather forecasts, that looks unlikely for the next couple of weeks. Not just rainfall though, the water table is extremely high after the winter we've had. That will take a while to resolve itself.

Really need something from the FA here.

10 minutes ago, Ian Pethick said:

Really starting to think that the season might not get finished. Need 3 or 4 dry, sunny and ideally, windy days, so groundstaff can get onto pitches. Looking at the weather forecasts, that looks unlikely for the next couple of weeks. Not just rainfall though, the water table is extremely high after the winter we've had. That will take a while to resolve itself.

I’m not sure the Fa care that much.Β 
it is starting to be a complete farce. There no way you can expect players to play 4 games a week at intense pace and do Β that with out serious injuriesΒ 

Parkway also off again tonight. And the weather poor all week I honestly can’t see them playing this Thursday and Saturday at bolitho Β that would leave 17 games to play in 5 weeks utter ridiculous. Surly some common sense needed so where.Β 

30 minutes ago, Ian Pethick said:

🀫

18 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Parkway also off again tonight. And the weather poor all week I honestly can’t see them playing this Thursday and Saturday at bolitho Β that would leave 17 games to play in 5 weeks utter ridiculous.

And next week a game fixtured at Taunton for Tuesday AND Wednesday!

17 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

🀫

And next week a game fixtured at Taunton for Tuesday AND Wednesday!

Read that the Dorset FA have given permission to Southern League Poole and Wimborne to play their county cup 1/4 final on a 3G pitch with no spectator facilities. It will effectively be played behind closed doors.Β 

7 minutes ago, Ian Pethick said:

Read that the Dorset FA have given permission to Southern League Poole and Wimborne to play their county cup 1/4 final on a 3G pitch with no spectator facilities. It will effectively be played behind closed doors.Β 

No seating, but limited standing isn’t it?

IMG_9081.thumb.jpeg.e7d44e86608a707c4e6a6ee9ac94709d.jpeg

I was fortunate to get Lux flat last Thursday but even then very difficult using machinery and even though it still looks nice, most days since we’ve not been able to walk on it without making a mess. I can understand teams not wanting pitches over used/ used by other teams as it’s nigh on impossible to get them playable again.

2 hours ago, Ian Pethick said:

Is that the way to go ? Could mean parkway could use coach road I guess behind closed doors. Β Not sure what that does to club finances mind.Β 

4 hours ago, Ian Pethick said:

πŸ˜‚... 😐

(I'm not taking the mick, that was just my first thought when I saw that sentence).

The only thing that bugs me that it's money over the health and wellbeing of the players. Three games a week? Those are regular men running around the pitch, not super-humans. But, hey. As long as the overlords get their money who gives a damn....Β 

3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

No seating, but limited standing isn’t it?

Nothing like step 3/4 compliant. I wonder what the National or Southern Leagues would say if both teams agreed to play a fixture on a 3G surface behind closed doors to get the game played.