Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 12/04/08

Trispen 2 Portreath 6 aet Aurthur Pearce Cup.

Portreath,playing well below par,were taken all the way by a stubborn Trispen side on a slopey pitch.

We went 1 nil up 1/2 way through the first half,trispen then equalised after a bit of a scramble just before ht. Second half and we're still playing sh1t,Trispen took the lead after some confusion between defender & keeper and deserved it. We managed to get an equaliser 10 mins from time and pressed for the winner but into ET we went. 2-2 at FT we started playing a bit in ET and scored a quick goal and then went on to win the game....to be honest the score flatters us slightly but we'll take it & look forward to playing Illogan in the semi.....Troon in midweek & St Just next Saturday.

Take it easy fellas....cheers.

Division 3

Madron reserves 0 vs. 4 Cornish New Boys

Game played in good spirits by both sides, madron played well, and we were far, far from our best but gained the deserved result in the end i think!

Look forward to playin them again next season very friendly and hospititable

Extremely well refereed by F. Sampson, fair all the way through and let the game flow perfectly.

Guest postman pat

titans 8 pendeen res. 3

considering they only turned up with 9 players pendeen played extremely well today.they even took the lead.this was a very disjionted performance from the titans :blink: they thought the game was won before they started when they saw pendeen were short.when they played the short passes they controlled the game but did not do it often enough.3-1 half time.pendeen kept plugging away and at one stage the score was 5-3 but in the end they ran out of steam and titans scored 3 late goals to make the score more comfortable.good luck to pendeen for the rest of the season a good bunch of lads.

the game was well reffed by nigel jewell and played in good spirit :clapper: :c:

Mining 3

Crown Inn Glory 1

REDRUTH UTD RES 0

A tough game. Got a run out for the Reserves at centrehalf and had probably my hardest game of the season trying to keep the Crown Inn front line quiet. Plenty of movement, strong in the air, quick feet, and pacey. Everything I'm not :D lol lol

Very impressed with them, and if they stay together for next season, they will be a strong contender for the league.

To be fair for first half hour they were the better side but we defended well and went in 0.0 half time. Thought we were the better side 2nd half and Jayer had an excellant game pulling off 3 superb saves. Tms scored from a poorly defended long throw, but we forced them back and after hitting the bar twice were awarded a pen with about 3 mins left, which we scored. Good game in gen, well reffed by Nigel Nicholls. :smiley20:

Holmans 1-6 Storm

Great local derby played between teams that are fighting hard for different reasons.

Storm looking to finish the season strongly to prepare for next season and Holmans looking to stay in the league.

Once again this was a good tempered game. Matt Thompson managed to miss about 5 sitters and scored a hat-trick anyway (none of us know how he manages it????)

Best of luck to Holmans for the rest of the season! Hope it goes well guys!

Thanks Fatso for the comments

Good natured game on saturday played in the right spirit but you guys played some good passing football and we just really never got going.

Massive uphill task for us now as Gulval won on Saturday meaning it's a hugely important must win fixture against Darrens Redruth united this weekend

My fubar of naming one of our players nickname as his surname resulting in 3points deducted to goonhaven now means it's a kilamanjaro of a mountain to climb with the added bonus that 2 of our remaining games are against Trevenson and Portreath who are obviously both really struggling!!!!!!!roll on next season:drink: :drink:

Well done baggie and the rest of the team, i had to leave early saturday so i missed the winning goals, my ankle is a bad one i will be lucky to play again this season, can't put any weight on it at the moment, i will try and get down saturday to cheer you on if i can walk.

good luck wednesday but you won't need it. see you soon lads.