Cornwall Football Forum

Max Gilbert and Cameron Hutchinson

53 minutes ago, Triggs60 said:

This must be a Tavistock question as both have recently registered there?

Am I correct in saying that Max Gilbert, who has an impending suspension following his sending off v Wadebridge last week, would still be able to play step 4 football for Tavi whilst serving it at step 6 level?

2 minutes ago, Ian Pethick said:

Am I correct in saying that Max Gilbert, who has an impending suspension following his sending off v Wadebridge last week, would still be able to play step 4 football for Tavi whilst serving it at step 6 level?

I THINK that’s the stupid rule! Rob Farkins done the same earlier for Buckland/Bideford I believe.

4 minutes ago, Devonian said:

That does seem crazy if true.

would seem an odd choice for the Falmouth lad to play tonight for Tavi with the Vase game coming up unless a permanent transfer??

As far as I’m aware they’re both only dual reg with Tavistock as their second clubs. 

14 minutes ago, Ian Pethick said:

Believe so. 

County FA administer discipline upto Step 5 and the FA administer discipline from Step 4 onwards I think is how it comes to be.

There are times when a player is banned from all footballing activity and that covers both but not for standard discipline.

20 minutes ago, Tavi Fan said:

I THINK that’s the stupid rule! Rob Farkins done the same earlier for Buckland/Bideford I believe.

Happens with regularity unfortunately.

Torpoint's Jason Richards sat on the bench for Parkway earlier in the season whilst serving a suspension picked up after receiving a red card playing for his usual club.

Nothing illegal, but is it in the spirit of the game? In my humble opinion, banned means banned.

13 minutes ago, TheOpinionoftheReferee said:

Believe so. 

County FA administer discipline upto Step 5 and the FA administer discipline from Step 4 onwards I think is how it comes to be.

There are times when a player is banned from all footballing activity and that covers both but not for standard discipline.

Slightly off topic, but do we still have "sine die" (effective a lifetime ban).

Back in my Pymouth Sunday league days of the late 80's/90's, there were a few of them handed out.

18 minutes ago, Tavi Fan said:

As far as I’m aware they’re both only dual reg with Tavistock as their second clubs. 

It would perhaps be useful for Tavistock to actually communicate with its supporters about player incomings and outgoings. Novel idea I know!!!!

4 minutes ago, Devonian said:

It would perhaps be useful for Tavistock to actually communicate with its supporters about player incomings and outgoings. Novel idea I know!!!!

There are other players dual registered who haven’t even made an appearance for the club this season. Should we announce them as new signings?

If they are registered yes. In just the way you have. “Jo Bloggs is currently primarily registered at “xxxx” and we are his secondary club -so he may plan a few games for us but don’t expect to see him regularly.”

that way when Callum or Tiegan or Dan turn up in the team, or an Exeter loanee here to the end of the season or middle of Jan disappears early or indeed appears on the bench after his loan has expired, supporters may know what is going on and feel part of the club. 

Just a thought….

36 minutes ago, Devonian said:

If they are registered yes. In just the way you have. “Jo Bloggs is currently primarily registered at “xxxx” and we are his secondary club -so he may plan a few games for us but don’t expect to see him regularly.”

that way when Callum or Tiegan or Dan turn up in the team, or an Exeter loanee here to the end of the season or middle of Jan disappears early or indeed appears on the bench after his loan has expired, supporters may know what is going on and feel part of the club. 

Just a thought….

Presumably you've aired your views direct with the club?

No. I go and watch a game of football . I don’t particularly want to wander round the ground trying to find a committee member. But if I feel that way, I imagine others do and I suspect at all levels of football the best way to lose supporters is to make them feel disengaged from the club. So as the conversation naturally went that way, it felt a good opportunity to have a rant. Don’t know if other clubs are better at it but may be applicable for them too so of wider interest.

8 minutes ago, Devonian said:

No. I go and watch a game of football . I don’t particularly want to wander round the ground trying to find a committee member. But if I feel that way, I imagine others do and I suspect at all levels of football the best way to lose supporters is to make them feel disengaged from the club. So as the conversation naturally went that way, it felt a good opportunity to have a rant. Don’t know if other clubs are better at it but may be applicable for them too so of wider interest.

For transparency, we don't do this at Torpoint for a dual-registered player unless it was for a set period of games. Using Max as an example, he is dual-registered but is yet to play thus negating the need to "announce". If Max was in a matchday squad, we would state via our social media channels that it would be on a dual-registration basis.

13 minutes ago, Luke Gibbons said:

For transparency, we don't do this at Torpoint for a dual-registered player unless it was for a set period of games. Using Max as an example, he is dual-registered but is yet to play thus negating the need to "announce". If Max was in a matchday squad, we would state via our social media channels that it would be on a dual-registration basis.

To be fair that would work too. At the moment Tavi (and I accept the point about people being volunteers) have let that slip a bit. A couple of games ago against Frome two old favourites played but fans weren’t told whether they had returned permanently or just playing an odd game. Sam with Dan Kiota and with loan players coming and going or “permanent” players leaving. Tavi do so many things right on no money and on the good will of volunteers. I do think this is a weakness though that could be fairly easily addressed (even if the odd one slipped through the net). 

Anyway I didn’t mean my debut here to become a “have a go at Tavi” fest so point made perhaps best to leave it there.

4 hours ago, Devonian said:

To be fair that would work too. At the moment Tavi (and I accept the point about people being volunteers) have let that slip a bit. A couple of games ago against Frome two old favourites played but fans weren’t told whether they had returned permanently or just playing an odd game. Sam with Dan Kiota and with loan players coming and going or “permanent” players leaving. Tavi do so many things right on no money and on the good will of volunteers. I do think this is a weakness though that could be fairly easily addressed (even if the odd one slipped through the net). 

Anyway I didn’t mean my debut here to become a “have a go at Tavi” fest so point made perhaps best to leave it there.

I think that normally at that standard. Players coming in etc to help out or loans I guess Tavistock just are not as social media savoy as some clubs are.  
same argument they have with trying engage the local town to come and support. Seems to be an ever up hill task at Tavistock.