Cornwall Football Forum

That is a good question BUT i see a number of clubs commenting on going weeks without a fixture. This cannot be right. Players commitment is a problem but that is simply exacerbated by not having a game to focus on each week. How can the league think that teams going for a month without a fixture can be good for the game?

1 hour ago, justanopinion said:

That is a good question BUT i see a number of clubs commenting on going weeks without a fixture. This cannot be right. Players commitment is a problem but that is simply exacerbated by not having a game to focus on each week. How can the league think that teams going for a month without a fixture can be good for the game?

It’s a good point the lack of regular fixtures, so what number per division would you prefer to see and is it something that can be taken to the league’s management to review?

That is providing other clubs feel the same - does anyone? 

weather really hasn't helped although i think games are called off far more than they use to, lots of good pitches nowadays so maybe why would they want to ruin the hard work....   At Petherwin our 1s played 2 games from end of october until Jan 24 lost all momentum and players interest does go. Since coming into St pirans prem it feels abit start/stop maybe due to the amount of reserve sides in the league?

i do think there does need to be a little more proactiveness with fixture changes, our 2s have played 1 game since christmas and only have 1 game in february yet have 17 to play before the end of the season. fixture scheduling must be a nightmare job but something needs to improve. 

Combination of factors as mentioned above I think. Weather, some gaps in fixtures, a successful Argyle side and players only being able to sign for one club. I know in my spell in management I regularly had to pick up a player or two from a local lower league side to make up numbers; that option has gone now. Another factor is the shrinking pool of players with the successful/popular clubs now able to field 5 subs. The last point in itself could probably account for half a dozen sides’ worth of players across the county and upwards through the pyramid