Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Sat 16th 2023 December

If your game is called off for ANY reason I must be informed ASAP 

spwest234fixtures@gmail.com  or call / text 07443575353 

Also Remember to complete postponement form and send to Steve Carpenter .

DIVISION TWO (WEST)

Constantine           2-3          Newlyn Non-Athletico

Falmouth United  1-0          Mawnan Res

Frogpool & Cusgarne   3-3 Chacewater

Illogan RBL Res     2-2          St Buryan

New Inn Titans      6-1          Perranwell Res

St Day 3rds            1-10        Redruth United Res

Stithians                 5-1          Penzance Res

DIVISION THREE (WEST)

Lizard Argyle         7-0          Wendron United 4ths

St Erme                  4-3          Carharrack

DIVISION FOUR (WEST)

Dropship Res         P-P          Frogpool & Cusgarne Res

Troon Res               8-4          Helston Raiders

Wendron United 5ths   v    Penryn Athletic Res            

PERCY STEPHENS CUP

SECOND ROUND

Falmouth DC         3-1          Storm

Lanner                    4-1          Constantine Res

THIRD ROUND

Bodmin Dragons   2-7          Lanreath

Dropship                1-1          Holman Sports Club (Dropship win on pens)

Foxhole Stars Res P-P          North Petherwin Res

Gerrans & St Mawes United   1-1   Bude Town Res (5-4 GSM on pens)    

St Just Res              5-2          Pendeen Rovers Res

Tregony                  3-1          Boscastle Res

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Sat 16th 2023 December

Div 2 West

St Buryan linger just outside the automatic relegation places after nt exactly sneaking a point against 2nd placed Illogan Reserves. The gulf in points between the two sides was in no way reflected by the play on the day as St Buryan swept forwards time after time to threaten Illogan's goal. They deservedly went ahead on 27 minutes when Illogan, attempting to emulate the pros, went to play from the back only for a defender to be CIP (cardinal sin for a defender in my day!) and St Buryan were in the lead. It took Illogan until the 70th minute to equalise . St Bryan continued to press up the slope this half and took the lead again on 82, a fiercely struck close range volley from a right wing cross. They could not quite hold on for three points as Illogan forced one home in the 90th minute, only to miss a chance of a 3rd in stoppage time by the narrowest of margins. St Buryan were worth their point. 

Sparse attendance compared to a 1st team game but no less enthralling. No tea hut but the clubroom provided me with a cup of tea which was very much appreciated.

Mona appeared again today and I tried to encourage him to look for the positives and to try and enjoy himself. Don't know if I succeeded!

With three called up by the first team, three no-shows/contacts and a keeper who broke his finger mid-week we arrived with a very thin squad of 10 "fittish" players, a reluctant manager having to kit up for the first time in years, and as I said a hobbled keeper running the line. 

Stithians had most of the ball in the first half scoring on 25 then a couple of minutes before half time. A free kick, through the wall bounces off our birthday boy in goal, in only his fifth match of the season for the side, and his first ever, between the uprights. 

In their haste to grab the rebound our keeper and their striker both went for the ball. It went in and I agree with the ref and not our manager, it was a goal. 

In doing so our lad got either a boot or bit of body in his mouth and ended up out the game. We got him to hospital but for a while he didn't look good.

Second half saw our broken fingered lad come on to fill up midfield with another youngster going into goal.

Stithians score three more after we hold them out for a while, but once they get their fifth seem to sit back allowing Pz to have a final ten minute kick around during which time we scored our single.

23 people watching the game, many thanks to the referee and the Stithians lads who took on Lino's duties on our behalf. 

Since the game we have heard that the lad, Connor Thomas, has lost one tooth and will also loose two more, has a hole through his face, under his nose, ripped a lip that with need an operation, broken his jaw and will be on a liquid diet for a while and missed his own 21st birthday party. 

He has been operated on to close the hole, ripped lip and is wearing a brace. 

We, as a club wish Connor well and hope he gets better, quickly and painlessly.

Ctb

I'm sure everyone will echo Ctb's Best Wishes to Connor. At a young age, Connor is already a real club man at Penzance - top scorer for the Disability team, runs the line for the Reserves when he doesn't get in the side, and has been helping Daz and Lee on the coaching side. Always around the club with boundless enthusiasm and a smile on his face - get well soon Connor!

Match Report 🏆
St Erme 4-3 Carharrack

The saints hosted Carharrack Fc today in which was going to be a feisty game with the saints looking for revenge.
The saints started with the new formation with Dan M returning in goal, Max and Jared full backs with Cam and Craig renewing their partnership in the centre, Kyle and Cain played In the centre of the park with Brandon just ahead of them, with Thierry and Freddie out wide and coming in up top was Lewis.

The saints started the game well playing some great football even when the pitch wasn’t 100 percent and we eventually got the breakthrough when their was a bit of a scramble in the both while Freddie M having a shot saved  then Brandon M followed up also hitting the bar and it fell to goal machine Thierry M who fired in off the crossbar.

Then from kick off carharrack we’re looking for a quick response and in which they got when Jared was unlucky after making a good challenge which then fell to Carharrack player who sent his teammate through on goal and finished calmly into the bottom corner. 

The saints were playing good football on the deck Freddie M hit a curling effort into the top corner but the visitors keeper made a good save onto to crossbar but fell to the feet of our top scorer Thierry M who fired in for his 16th goal of the season in all comps

The saints then added to thier leadwhen Max S was clipped in the box and the saints were awarded a penalty, Brandon M stepped up and fired into the top left hand corner sending the saints 3-1 up at half time.

The second half started and Carharrack started the better but the Saints defended well but couldn’t deal with the pressure that was put on them and Carharrack reduced the deficit to just 1 goal when they delivered a corner into the crowded box when it fell to the Carharrack players who was able to turn home.

The visitors kept on coming with crosses into the box, long balls, shots from distance but the Saints held firm, with 10 minutes to go the Saints regained a bit of the ball back and went back to playing  the football that they did in the first 45 and were awarded another penalty when skipper Kyle S back foot was kicked out as he was about to shoot, Brandon M stepped up again and fired it into almost the same place as the first penalty and made it 4-2 now which gave the Saints abit more breathing space.

Carharrack did make it 4-3 with 5 minutes to go when their left winger cut inside and rifled the ball into the left hand corner, the Saints were able to dig deep and get  a well earned 3 points which they deserved from the game after all their hard work and fight. 

MOTM today for the saints was Centre Back Cam L after an outstanding performance once again battled to the end and dealt with almost everything that was thrown at him.

All the best to Carharrack AFC for the rest of the season.

Who let the Bear Out?

And Another Isaacs in the Squad. 

New Inn Titans 6 - 1 Perranwell Reserves

New signing Dylan Isaacs was in the squad for his debut, and then the return of The Bear, Ryan Baber, after he twisted his ankle in the return fixture. 

With the Illogan Park pitch looking glorious, having not been played on for a few weeks, Perranwell arrived, to Shaunny Isaacs remarking the lines, that had faded away in the rain, from the previous evening, and Mushy symons putting up the nets. 

The boys were in getting changed, and New Signing, Dylan Isaacs looked chuffed to be putting on the New Inn Jersey! 

The boys were out warming up, and out the corner of their eyes, they spotted a Rare sighting of the Bear 🐻 entering the Park Sports ground at his normal time of 15 mins before kick off, but he’d been away for months, and the boys hardly recognised him after not seeing him for so long 👀 

The team talk, was short and sweet from Shaun! 

“Play the football we can play, enjoy it, and show what we’re about”

Game gets underway, and New Inn got control of it, from the off. Playing some lovely football, and getting the ball down the flanks, for Chris “where’s my pump” Ward showing his pace with the 15 stone, advantage from his waist up. 

Then out of no where, a Long ball towards the New inn defence, the Perranwell striker, flicked it on for his team mate, who ran onto it, and from 20 yard out, caught the ball with a deft lob, over advancing Penna and into the far corner, 1-0 Perranwell. 

This woke Titans up, who then went on the hunt for an Equalizer, and it came from a Great bit of play down the left flank for Wardy cut in and score. 

Then New inn really got their teeth into this fixture and started playing some lovely bits of play, Johnny Jones Converted a Penalty, and Connor Arthur, hit a rocket of a shot, 3-1 New inn. 

Pascoe and Connor were linking up well in the middle of the park, and Boz and Dylan making his debut at CB were aided with the help of Jareth and Joshy, kept out Perranwell, to go into the interval with the advantage. 

Half time; team talk was positive, but Shaunny wanted more. So he made a tactical change and after recovering from his ankle rehabilitation, Bear was ready to don the Turf. 

On he came, with a great reception, from the New Inn supporters, and Pascoe slotted back in at his natural position with Dylan moving out to RB. 

New inn started the half well, playing some lovely triangles and the midfield now marshalled with Ryan baber as the Anchor, were dictating the play. 

A goal each for Chris ward and Johnny Jones, made it 5-1, and Titans were really in control now. Another couple changes from the Gaffer Irv, and Luke Dunstan was introduced and it didn’t take long for Dunstan to play a nice 1-2 and carry on through on goal with the ball and slot away a lovely finish, 6-1 and the game was well and truly done and dusted! 

A bit of a dampener was GK Ben Penna having to go off with a reoccurring knee injury when a huge gust of wind, blew him over and he twisted his knee. 

Mike philp slotted in the sticks for the last 10 and Titans seen the game out, to finish off 2023, 6 points clear at the top of the league, and go into 2024, winning 14 out of 17 league games, with 3 draws! 

Perranwell, a cracking bunch of boys, and New Inn Wish you all the best for the rest of the season. 

Happy Christmas Everyone 🎄 

Scorers: 

Johnny Jones 2

Chris ward 2

Luke Dunstan 

Connor 

• 2 weeks later...

Falmouth united 1 - 0 Mawnan res 

Going into this game with some good momentum but missing some key players again. Knowing Mawnan have a strong squad, I was a little nervous. Especially as I had ref the game, which was very hard. The first half the tempo from us was great we didn't give them time on the ball and forced them to long ball football which really didn't suit their striker who prefers the ball to his feet leaving him frustrated at time. Missing hayden I was worried where our goals would come from, but about 10 mins before half-time injured midfielder Archie B fired into the far corner. He was touch and go during the warm-up to play, but he wanted to risk it due to the team we were playing. I'm glad I did as our midfield really worked well together, and young callum J caused lots of problems in the first half. Second half Mawnan made a change and it actually worked well for them they caused a lot more problems especially down our left side. TC being up top and dropping in to receive the ball created more opportunities for them, and I think they had he better half. But our defence held strong, and we managed to see out the game for the win. I really can't fault both sides it was a very even game with few chances but played physically but with nothing over the top. 

Man of the match was Ryan  Samoluk 

No **** of the day, as everyone played well. 

Got more abuse from my own team than the away team for my reffing, which was good. And I hoped any bad decisions made at least balanced out in the end. 

Stithians away next on the 30th December.