St Minver               P-P          Foxhole Stars

St Stephen             3-0          Newquay Reserves

DIVISION ONE (WEST)

Ludgvan                 P-P          Praze-An-Beeble

Mawnan                 3-2          Porthleven Res

St Ives Town          1-2          Troon

Threemilestone     P-P          St Agnes Res

St Day 4 - 1 Falmouth Town

A very interesting game at Vogue Park this afternoon but the weather certainly didn’t put a dampener on it! 

Falmouth Town had all intentions to upset the St Day squad from the first whistle resulting in 3 Falmouth Town cards all before 30 minutes, the saints didn’t seem too bothered about the aggression from the opposition and delivered a friendly game. Falmouth took the lead early on but the saints soon came back a few minutes later making it 1-1 with a screamer from Marks. Second half was completely dominated by St Day, Falmouth fought until the 90th minute but were unfortunately down to 10 men when their number 5 was shown his second yellow card for a scuffle in the penalty box with Dan Richards. This didn’t stop Dan as he soon made it to 3-1 after the boy Dobbo put St Day in the lead with a cracking goal. Another few nasty tackles being made from one of the youngsters on Tyler Oliver but no apparent injury. Sam Buckley then made it 4-1 and celebrated as if they’d won the premier league, that boy loves his football! 

Ref was Steve Annis today, what a top bloke back in his day! Didn’t think he had a great game today and was a little shy on the whistle but that’s how it goes sometimes. 

I don’t think I could have had one MOTM there today but all four goals were great and both the boys Marks and McCabe who plays left back battled till the end even after receiving terrible tackles on them resulting in ankle and leg injuries. (A polite sub from Falmouth who was shouting to his team mates to “break one of their legs”. Not great sportsmanship but when you’re warming the bench up on a cold December afternoon times are tough. 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - 16TH DECEMBER, 2023
30 minutes ago, VARcelona said:

A very interesting game at Vogue Park this afternoon but the weather certainly didn’t put a dampener on it! 

Falmouth Town had all intentions to upset the St Day squad from the first whistle resulting in 3 Falmouth Town cards all before 30 minutes, the saints didn’t seem too bothered about the aggression from the opposition and delivered a friendly game. Falmouth took the lead early on but the saints soon came back a few minutes later making it 1-1 with a screamer from Marks. Second half was completely dominated by St Day, Falmouth fought until the 90th minute but were unfortunately down to 10 men when their number 5 was shown his second yellow card for a scuffle in the penalty box with Dan Richards. This didn’t stop Dan as he soon made it to 3-1 after the boy Dobbo put St Day in the lead with a cracking goal. Another few nasty tackles being made from one of the youngsters on Tyler Oliver but no apparent injury. Sam Buckley then made it 4-1 and celebrated as if they’d won the premier league, that boy loves his football! 

Ref was Steve Annis today, what a top bloke back in his day! Didn’t think he had a great game today and was a little shy on the whistle but that’s how it goes sometimes. 

I don’t think I could have had one MOTM there today but all four goals were great and both the boys Marks and McCabe who plays left back battled till the end even after receiving terrible tackles on them resulting in ankle and leg injuries. (A polite sub from Falmouth who was shouting to his team mates to “break one of their legs”. Not great sportsmanship but when you’re warming the bench up on a cold December afternoon times are tough. 

It’ll be great to have a new team (St Day look clear favourite’s) in the SWPL next season from the Redruth/Camborne (Mid Cornwall Area). I assume they’ve applied.

4 minutes ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

It’ll be great to have a new team (St Day look clear favourite’s) in the SWPL next season from the Redruth/Camborne (Mid Cornwall Area). I assume they’ve applied.

Was a good game of football today from both sides, st day took their chances while Falmouth 2nds will rue missed chances in their attacking play… was close up until the sending off at 2-1 which looked harsh from where I was watching as it looked like the st day forward head butted the CB. Changed the game in st days favour, but They should win the league now, recruited well this summer with a few dropping two divisions from the western league. Mousehole will certainly push them all the way. Going to be an interesting st Pirran league this season 

52 minutes ago, VARcelona said:

Marks and Richard’s look handy players from Watching today. Heard they got in a tussle a few weeks back when losing to the better saints (st Dominic) will be a big loss to them definitely an opportunity for mousehole to catch them now 

35 minutes ago, Cornish Dave said:

Yes I agree it’s gonna be interesting, both sides look good.. mousehole going up would be great as the set up there is great and could see them chasing the top in the league above 

What makes you think a side currently sitting second will chase the top side in the league above 😳

9 minutes ago, Sam1498 said:

Game at Redruth today officially called off at around 2.24pm due to no lines marked out on pitch. Scenes! I wonder what happens now? 😬

Points to the away team end of. 
Poor from Utd if that is true.

2 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

What makes you think a side currently sitting second will chase the top side in the league above 😳

'unmarked' perhaps a little farfetched, it had been marked however long ago but lines weren't visible. The roller came out at a reattempt to mark it out before kick off but to no avail and it was called off by the ref. Think Redruth players were as baffled and annoyed as we were to be fair. 

Ref has said match to be replayed but wanted some clarification from anyone on here😂

56 minutes ago, Cornish Dave said:

Was a good game of football today from both sides, st day took their chances while Falmouth 2nds will rue missed chances in their attacking play… was close up until the sending off at 2-1 which looked harsh from where I was watching as it looked like the st day forward head butted the CB. Changed the game in st days favour, but They should win the league now, recruited well this summer with a few dropping two divisions from the western league. Mousehole will certainly push them all the way. Going to be an interesting st Pirran league this season 

Marks and Richard’s look handy players from Watching today. Heard they got in a tussle a few weeks back when losing to the better saints (st Dominic) will be a big loss to them definitely an opportunity for mousehole to catch them now 

Oh the positivity you spread 🤣🤣🤣a week to Xmas happy holidays .

9 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

Mousehole will more than likely bring in players who can’t travel from the first team and money will be on their side. The top two battle will be interesting. Especially as st day will be missing two key players for violent conduct 

18 minutes ago, Cornish Dave said:

Mousehole will more than likely bring in players who can’t travel from the first team and money will be on their side. The top two battle will be interesting. Especially as st day will be missing two key players for violent conduct 

Shame Mousehole aren’t bringing players in to get them out of this league first. 🤣

If I knew who you were I know what I’d buy you for Xmas some bitter lemons 🍋.  
Gone 🎣 

16 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

Shame Mousehole aren’t bringing players in to get them out of this league first. 🤣

If I knew who you were I know what I’d buy you for Xmas some bitter lemons 🍋.  
Gone 🎣 

St day won the league already? Don’t worry mousehole will start a run soon. Both good teams I’m excited to see this showdown 

2 hours ago, MARKSY said:

As a volunteer who works on the ground with a very small group of people at Redruth United. I would first like to apologise to both the referee and Mullion FC. 

Due to problems with the marker on Friday and a communication problem the pitch has not been marked since last Friday.

One comment on this link summed up for me something I have mentioned on another thread. "Think Redruth players were just as annoyed as we were ".

Would like to throw this out there to all players from any club on this forum, how many of you actually help out in your club in any way shape or form. As I stated on another thread, most players today do not have a clue what goes on in thier club. 

13 minutes ago, Postman Pat said:

As a volunteer who works on the ground with a very small group of people at Redruth United. I would first like to apologise to both the referee and Mullion FC. 

Due to problems with the marker on Friday and a communication problem the pitch has not been marked since last Friday.

One comment on this link summed up for me something I have mentioned on another thread. "Think Redruth players were just as annoyed as we were ".

Would like to throw this out there to all players from any club on this forum, how many of you actually help out in your club in any way shape or form. As I stated on another thread, most players today do not have a clue what goes on in thier club. 

It wasn't a dig at anyone or the club at all! Just frustrating - appreciate the apology and all the hard work that goes on!  

Miscommunication happens, that's life! As one of the home players said today there's worse things going on in the world than a postponed game of football 👍

5 minutes ago, Sam1498 said:

It wasn't a dig at anyone or the club at all! Just frustrating - appreciate the apology and all the hard work that goes on!  

Miscommunication happens, that's life! As one of the home players said today there's worse things going on in the world than a postponed game of football 👍

No Sam I understand that, and it's also frustration on my part. If you look behind the scenes at most clubs it's mainly grumpy old men like me 😁 who volunteer.I genuinely fear for the future of football because, most players not all just turn up and play and expect everything on a plate. Rant over.

2 minutes ago, Postman Pat said:

No Sam I understand that, and it's also frustration on my part. If you look behind the scenes at most clubs it's mainly grumpy old men like me 😁 who volunteer.I genuinely fear for the future of football because, most players not all just turn up and play and expect everything on a plate. Rant over.

You're right. We suffer from it too. We hope we get to play for the 3 points in a rematch as I'm sure Redruth do too. 

Have a good weekend👍

12 hours ago, Cornish Dave said:

St day won the league already? Don’t worry mousehole will start a run soon. Both good teams I’m excited to see this showdown 

I’ve never mentioned them winning anything I’m not that naive having managed locally for over 20 years,  unlike yourself posting exactly that statement above., 

(They should win the league now)

To have a chit chat with me CD you really need to be on the ball , which I doubt you ever have 😊

26 minutes ago, Darren Ashley said:

I think Mousehole reserves need a few more coaches/managers  , just the 6 of them at Pendeen 🤣🤣

Can’t see them closing the gap unless St Day slip up and Mousehole draft in more of their 1st team  squad.  

That could happen as st day will have a couple suspended due to violent conduct. Not a good look for local football 

38 minutes ago, Darren Ashley said:

St Day are a club, who I’d think it’s fair to say, most of the Cornish footballing community would like to see get promoted. 

I’m sure they won’t be short of players (or offers) when and if needed👊🏻

If they go up then good luck to them. Shouldn’t be difficult to attract more western league players with a little money 

Polperro 0 - 3 Torpoint Athletic

Torpoint goal scorers: Taylor x2, Easterbrook.

After a few weeks off it was good to get another win under our belts in a tough away fixture, in a winter period renowned for difficulty in getting games on and conditions conducive to playing good football.

Shooting down the slope in the first half, for the most part it played into the home side's hands as all our final balls lacked football IQ and we rushed things, too direct and the slippery surface just allowed the ball to skip away and out of reach. The first time we got the ball into Westall's feet he played the ball around the corner for the forward run of Taylor who stuck the ball under the keeper for 0-1 around 25mins in. This did improve our overall game as we passed to feet a little more from then on. Polperro should've been in the game though and no.9 in particular had a bad day in front of goal, with one well saved when well positioned and a second after rounding Sidey in goal completely sliced his effort at the empty net from an angle to the back post where his partner would never have forseen a pass (it was definitely a shot) and we got it away to safety with a huge let off. Late in the half we got a cushion for the break with a superb curling pass from deep from ManuelJ inside the box for Taylor to volley home for 0-2 around the 41st min. HT.

2nd half we created few clear cut chances but just before the hour mark Easterbrook got a key 3rd, controlling and tucking away at the back post between the keeper and inside the near post from a Rothwell cross from the right hand side. Defensively I thought we were a bit better and conceded far less chances on goal, except for a few free kicks late in the game and a missed penalty for Polperro with a minute or two to go. Looked soft from my 4 eyes but too far away to really moan at the decision. A big win considering the week leading up to the game in tough conditions for both sides. Polperro weren't the side they were in previous seasons but still no pushovers and it takes us to 3 games unbeaten and 3rd in the league, with 3rd-8th very tight! The next hurdle our noisy neighbours at Millbrook visiting The Mill on Saturday for a Christmas derby.