Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - midweek 12 & 13 December 2023

And i bet i was the only 1 that predicted a St Austell win i looked at there team list and there players are just as good as Liskeard . I will be off to St Dennis this Saturday to watch Liskeard take revenge on St Dennis going for a 6-0 win to Liskeard . Looking forward to 1 of there lovely Cheese Burgers there as much as i look forward to the lovely Pasties at Wadebridge Pastry to die for .

Well Done to St Austell just take it easy when you come to Newquay on Boxing day maybe you will have a few injuries like Carter out Eddy Out Ashton out etc to many good players including the 2 nicest blokes around in Slates and Brocks hell of good players as well Hope to see a big crowd for that match and hope its not pouring with rain .

We will see Boxing Day depends what Newquay side turns up there is no better passer than Cam Turner in the league So 2 others had St Austell to win last night but who had it down 1st i had it down from last week just had a feeling pity didnt get the right score Adam Carter let me down had him down to be the match winner 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - midweek 12 & 13 December 2023

Belated Match Report - Liskeard Athletic v AFC St Austell

First of all congratulations to St Austell on their deserved win. The Lillywhites created the better (and greater in number) chances. Great organisation, closing down and leadership from their experienced players. For the Blues, the bobbly soft pitch was not conducive to their free flowing style of football. In some slight respects, nous and experience won out in a manner reminiscent of St. Blazey's win at Lux Park late last season.

The first half was pretty poor with neither team consistently putting their passes together. A half of few chances, but still two goals! The first a Ben Collins cross on the half hour was deftly heading in by Mikey Smith. On around 38 minutes, Snozzle were level. A through ball was sublimely brought down by Liam Eddy and finished equally adroitly in the box. Smith could have put back in front before half time but Ashton in the St A goal saved well.

The second half St Austell were the better side, especially in the final quarter. The defence looked solid with Smith and DJ getting few sightings of goal, let alone a definitive chance. A corner in the 74th minute was only half cleared allowing Jake Miller, who had a good game, to crash the ball in the roof on the net from about 15 yards. Two further chances for the visitors were cleared off the line. A fair bit of pressure in the final stages from the Blues, without creating a clear cut chance. As said earlier the visitors defence was rock solid. This is even more admirable as they ended the game with nine men, with Eddy sin-binned in the closing stages and Shaw laughably sent off - and I say that as someone favouring the Blues!!

The conditions meant it wasn't the prettiest game and it was never going to be. However,  Murat Kaymaz (again) ruined a  game entirely. He had no rapport with the players, his decision was erratic and inconsistent and he was (as ever) too often behind the play. As such, some of his decisions seemed more like guesswork than informed actions. I am not one to generally lambast officials, but this man is consistently terrible. Cards were flourished unnecessarily. The sending off was for what? If for a foul, how did St A restart the game. This should be appealed. Liskeard is my favoured SWPL team, but I'd speak up for the fella at any CFA disciplinary hearing. Frankly, ten minutes into the game you could tell Kaymaz had lost the confidence of players on both sides. This is the same man who abandoned the Bude v Blazey game last season and I remember a ghastly showing at a Tavi v Parkway game.  I hope it is clear that both teams were on the receiving end of the inept Kaymaz. It is certainly not a case of losing and blaming the Ref!

One final point. On bowling green type pitches the Blues are the Man City of the SWPL West. They out pass, out play and out score opponents typically. They are the best team in the league and most watchable one too,  but against wiley opponents on pudding pitches it will be harder. maybe a slight tweak in style to accommodate playing conditions worth consideration?

Good luck AFC St Austell in the QF's and the report of the Referee Assessor  should make for very interesting reading!!

15 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Belated Match Report - Liskeard Athletic v AFC St Austell

First of all congratulations to St Austell on their deserved win. The Lillywhites created the better (and greater in number) chances. Great organisation, closing down and leadership from their experienced players. For the Blues, the bobbly soft pitch was not conducive to their free flowing style of football. In some slight respects, nous and experience won out in a manner reminiscent of St. Blazey's win at Lux Park late last season.

The first half was pretty poor with neither team consistently putting their passes together. A half of few chances, but still two goals! The first a Ben Collins cross on the half hour was deftly heading in by Mikey Smith. On around 38 minutes, Snozzle were level. A through ball was sublimely brought down by Liam Eddy and finished equally adroitly in the box. Smith could have put back in front before half time but Ashton in the St A goal saved well.

The second half St Austell were the better side, especially in the final quarter. The defence looked solid with Smith and DJ getting few sightings of goal, let alone a definitive chance. A corner in the 74th minute was only half cleared allowing Jake Miller, who had a good game, to crash the ball in the roof on the net from about 15 yards. Two further chances for the visitors were cleared off the line. A fair bit of pressure in the final stages from the Blues, without creating a clear cut chance. As said earlier the visitors defence was rock solid. This is even more admirable as they ended the game with nine men, with Eddy sin-binned in the closing stages and Shaw laughably sent off - and I say that as someone favouring the Blues!!

The conditions meant it wasn't the prettiest game and it was never going to be. However,  Murat Kaymaz (again) ruined a  game entirely. He had no rapport with the players, his decision was erratic and inconsistent and he was (as ever) too often behind the play. As such, some of his decisions seemed more like guesswork than informed actions. I am not one to generally lambast officials, but this man is consistently terrible. Cards were flourished unnecessarily. The sending off was for what? If for a foul, how did St A restart the game. This should be appealed. Liskeard is my favoured SWPL team, but I'd speak up for the fella at any CFA disciplinary hearing. Frankly, ten minutes into the game you could tell Kaymaz had lost the confidence of players on both sides. This is the same man who abandoned the Bude v Blazey game last season and I remember a ghastly showing at a Tavi v Parkway game.  I hope it is clear that both teams were on the receiving end of the inept Kaymaz. It is certainly not a case of losing and blaming the Ref!

One final point. On bowling green type pitches the Blues are the Man City of the SWPL West. They out pass, out play and out score opponents typically. They are the best team in the league and most watchable one too,  but against wiley opponents on pudding pitches it will be harder. maybe a slight tweak in style to accommodate playing conditions worth consideration?

Good luck AFC St Austell in the QF's and the report of the Referee Assessor  should make for very interesting reading!!

A fair and accurate report I think. St Austell just seemed to have a little more about them, the referee however had nothing about him! We've got some terrific officials locally and it consistently seems to be the same people that are critised. If St Austell hadn't come away with the victory you could imagine things being pretty sour. As a manager, if you get this type of official what is the message to players? Don't talk to them? Utter madness.

Well done to St Austell and more cup hurt for the blues who will go on to win the league. These next few months on rough pitches won't help but there should be enough in the tank.

6 hours ago, Triggs60 said:

A fair and accurate report I think. St Austell just seemed to have a little more about them, the referee however had nothing about him! We've got some terrific officials locally and it consistently seems to be the same people that are critised. If St Austell hadn't come away with the victory you could imagine things being pretty sour. As a manager, if you get this type of official what is the message to players? Don't talk to them? Utter madness.

Well done to St Austell and more cup hurt for the blues who will go on to win the league. These next few months on rough pitches won't help but there should be enough in the tank.

Why would things of turned sour if St Austell never came away with victory? Didn't here there bench constantly shouting.