Bristol Manor Farm          0-3             Paulton Rovers

Larkhall Athletic         1-0            Melksham Town

Mousehole         4-0            Willand Rovers

Tavistock             3-1           Bishops Cleeve

Westbury United   0-0          Cribbs

Yate Town           4-1           Exmouth Town

16 hours ago, Soccer Follower said:

Parkway 1  Basingstoke  1

Extends Parkway's unbeaten league run to 4 games.

Not enough to lift them out of the bottom 4 though, and Harrow's away win at Winchester means they go above them.

No idea if Lee Hobbs is still actively pursuing a new striker as goalscoring  seems to be an issue now. The leaking of goals has been stemmed, but only 1 goal has been managed in each of the last 4 league and Trophy matches.

Up next, tough looking away match on Tuesday night against high flying and unbeaten at home Salisbury. The sort of match where Parkway tend to get results.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 21 October 2023
2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Good win for Mousehole today as their fellow top sides slip up. Biggest surprise surely has to be Bemerton losing so heavily to struggling Evesham!

Mousehole the only team in the top 6 to win today. Life looking a lot better for Tavistock as well, now up to 8th in the table. 

I understand Lee happy with the 4 strikers he has with Crago , wright , jones and Thompson. For me it’s not going be good enough strike force.  Crago will get you goals but he not a striker and misses plenty any injury to him and they will struggle . Wrighty  an impact sub to throw on. Will hardly get double figures  the other 2 are completely untested at this level  . 

the defence is much better with the Keeper and white in there  .  Still plenty to play but will be a fight down there this season 

13 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

I understand Lee happy with the 4 strikers he has with Crago , wright , jones and Thompson. For me it’s not going be good enough strike force.  Crago will get you goals but he not a striker and misses plenty any injury to him and they will struggle . Wrighty  an impact sub to throw on. Will hardly get double figures  the other 2 are completely untested at this level  . 

the defence is much better with the Keeper and white in there  .  Still plenty to play but will be a fight down there this season 

Listened to the excellent match commentary (courtesy of Basingstoke Town Twitter) yesterday afternoon, it did sound just as Lee Hobbs said post match. Parkway were well on top for most of the first half, and had good chances. Matt Wright (who is vastly experienced at this level) has 1 league goal this season, as has Reece Thomson. In my opinion, Dylan Jones while a very exciting prospect, is raw at this level and a spell out on loan to a step 4 club (as Alex Cairo is enjoying at Mousehole) would probably be very beneficial. I know that there aren't many about, and those that there are would be very costly, but a top notch striker taking these chances, and complimenting the now pretty solid defence, could send Parkway up the table quite quickly.

Tavi 3 B Cleeve 1

The first half saw fantastic high tempo end to end football, with BC showing why they are doing well in the league. A few weeks ago I said I had faith in Stuart Henderson to turn things around and, judging by yesterday, it is some turnaround. I said too that maybe a loan or two from pro clubs could be key and that is proving correct too!

BC took the lead on about 5 minutes with a tap in following a good team move. Tavi were soon level. A Prynn shot was blocked by the 'keeper but fell kindly to Beardsmore  who coolly drilled home from about 15 yards.

Before 20 minutes were up Tavi were in front. From a free kick two or three touches saw the ball fall to O'Conner (another loanee) to score from close range.

From then onwards, it was too and fro in a hugely entertaining first half. 2-1 at HT.

Early in the second half a beautifully flighted cross was neatly headed in by Beardsmore. Understandably, BC had lots of possession and both sides had further opportunities to score. The game was less frantic now, but I felt if BC pulled a goal back we'd have a real game on our hands again.

MOM went to the two goal debutant Mitchell Beardsmore. He looks some player. Nice touch, movement, linking play and getting forward. A truly outstanding performance. Endacott at wing-back was excellent too and at the back Tavi did well after the early setback to repel some dangerous forward play from an impressive visiting side.

Only 152 in attendance. A shame locals don't back the club in better numbers.

6 unbeaten. Hopefully Tavi moving up the league again and being 'overachievers once more! I hope so as its a cracking club.