Cornwall Football Forum

MIDWEEK RESULTS - Tuesday & Wednesday 29 & 30 August 2023

TUESDAY 29 AUGUST 2023

Bridport         Aban      Honiton Town (lights failure)

Dartmouth        0-5    Bovey Tracey 

Newton Abbot Spurs   P-P      Stoke Gabriel & T P

(Lights issue)

WEST 

Bude Town          6-0    Launceston

WEDNESDAY 30 AUGUST 2023

EAST 

Bishops Lydeard    0-2  Axminster Tn

Cullompton Rangers  1-3  Crediton Utd

WEST 

AFC St Austell        2-0      Dobwalls 

Bodmin Town   1-3    Liskeard Athletic 

Newquay              4-0      St Dennis

• Dave Deacon changed the title to MIDWEEK FIXTURES/RESULTS - Tuesday & Wednesday 29 & 30 August 2023
23 minutes ago, Seasiders said:

Bude town on fire tonight was a electric 2nd half and could of scored a lot more , they’ve finally settled and quality’s showing ,3 clean sheets in a row now and goals are coming a lot of talent on show and they’ll be the ones to watch 

The ones to watch to win the league?; a top 3 finish; or a top 6 finish; or the ones to watch for their attractive playing style ? Genuinely interested, as I believe that Bude have already dropped 8pts after 5 games, so it would appear they’ve turned a corner after tonight’s performance.

Have to be honest and say if Bude get anywhere near that level of performance in the rest of the games they play this season, then they will be without doubt knocking on the top 3's door come the end of the season.

Second half performance was very impressive.

Credit to Launceston who kept on battling but they were up against a relentless Bude side whose quality is now starting to show.

I thought Bude did very well last night. The first half they scored 2 quick fire goals and it looked as thought the floodgates would open. However, credit to Launceston, they got themselves back in the game and it was a pretty even affair for the remainder of the 1st half. 
The second half was one way traffic for the majority. However Bude didn’t quite have the final pass or the finish required. Then a series of opportunities led to 3 quick fire goals to take the game well out of the reach of Launceston. For me, the Launceston heads dropped when the 3rd went in and it’s was probably expected that Bude would score a few more. 
Bude played some lovely football at times and ran out worthy winners by a distance. That said I think the fact that the Launceston team are very young and lost their way in the second half led to such a drastic score line. 
Bude still missing Tornado up front, will continue to score goals when he is back noising up defenders and getting on the end of great build up play. You can see the confidence growing and they will give most teams in this division a game. Good to see @Janner82 at the game. I’m not sure he was pleased to be at the game though 😉

29 minutes ago, Martin McHugh said:

Bude have now won 2 games, beating a team that have won 1 game,,,,,,,,,,,,  bit early for predictions isnt it or am I missing something here??

MQx

No don’t think it is. I think on last nights form, they will give most a game. You never can tell until a few weeks into the season in reality, however they are playing well. And based on last season, Bude playing well are definitely a match for most. 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to MIDWEEK RESULTS - Tuesday & Wednesday 29 & 30 August 2023

I believe there was a hope that players would be registered to a Club across the board. This has been implemented within the new St Piran's League, we're in a fortunate position at Torpoint that we have multiple teams in the League (Reserves/3rds) alongside a Club Policy of a player should sign across all teams. As the SWPL aren't covered within this, we do have players dual-registered elsewhere. With the League gap between our 1sts and Reserves, we find this suits us currently. We do try to avoid players being registered with another team in the same League as one of our own. I believe we've captured it this season, although we did have a player dual registered with Looe last season but this has now been amended.

43 minutes ago, L.Gibbons said:

I believe there was a hope that players would be registered to a Club across the board. This has been implemented within the new St Piran's League, we're in a fortunate position at Torpoint that we have multiple teams in the League (Reserves/3rds) alongside a Club Policy of a player should sign across all teams. As the SWPL aren't covered within this, we do have players dual-registered elsewhere. With the League gap between our 1sts and Reserves, we find this suits us currently. We do try to avoid players being registered with another team in the same League as one of our own. I believe we've captured it this season, although we did have a player dual registered with Looe last season but this has now been amended.

Notice that Torpoint had Parkway player Alex Cairo starting last Saturday, while Torpoint player Jason Richards was on the bench for Parkway at Bolitho. Think Jason was suspended at step 5 level after a sending off (don't get me started on players being suspended for some non league steps, but not others).

2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Notice that Torpoint had Parkway player Alex Cairo starting last Saturday, while Torpoint player Jason Richards was on the bench for Parkway at Bolitho. Think Jason was suspended at step 5 level after a sending off (don't get me started on players being suspended for some non league steps, but not others).

How's it right that a player can be suspended at one non league step of football but not others ? Doesn't seem right 🤔 😬