Cornwall Football Forum

That’s a shame- surely all teams (SWPL and above) should be trying to build their reserves around young players 

I don’t understand what benefit Newquay would get from having second string players who will never be good enough for the firsts 

Plenty of other teams for older players to play for 

On 16/08/2023 at 13:42, Chunkycheese said:

That’s a shame- surely all teams (SWPL and above) should be trying to build their reserves around young players 

I don’t understand what benefit Newquay would get from having second string players who will never be good enough for the firsts 

Plenty of other teams for older players to play for 

What about all the players who are aged between 25-35 who reside in the local area who aren’t good enough for the first team?

Football clubs at this level should be for the community. 

1 hour ago, Richard R said:

Perhaps this change wasn't in their control. I know Bideford had to rename their side from "Academy" to "Community" a few years ago as the FA told them that only registered and authorised academies could include the word "Academy".

It was the choice of the club.  The advice to the league was that the team can be called whatever the club want.  Permission is only needed for a club name change.