Hemel Hempstead Tn     1-0          Yeovil Town

Maidstone United            2-1           Slough Town

St Albans City                     2-1              Weymouth

Taunton Town                    2-1          Braintree Town

Truro City                            5-2             Welling United

Weston-super-Mare       1-0              Havant and Waterlooville

Worthing                             1-0              Tonbridge Angels

Truro 5 Welling 2

A great start to the season for City. They started with a sense of purpose and drive and after a defense splitting pass put Rocky Neal through on 5 minutes and he chipped the oncoming keeper to open the scoring. On 18mins a good free kick on the left found the head of Ed Palmer who powered home City's 2nd goal. 3 minutes later a scramble in the box was hit home from 6 yards out by Adam Porter.  Welling clawed back a goal on 28mins. On 38 mins another bit of pung pong in the box was slotted home by Dan Rooney. City finished off the half with a 5th goal scored by last seasons leading scorer Tyler Harvey. 

HT 5-1

2nd half City were cruising and took their foot off the gas but did have chances including one from Rocky that hit the upright. Welling got their 2nd goal from an 85th minute penalty.  Final score 5-2 and a well deserved 3 points. MOM for me was Ed Palmer but it could have been any of several players.

Took my Grandson to his 1st ever football match..... he loved it! (So did i).

On seeing the highlights it's cleat Ed Palmers goal was a volley not a header.

Edited by BigG

28 minutes ago, Alan Partridge said:

According to match report on Truro's website it was 296.

Hopefully a few curious locals will go and watch a game or two, especially as it is now step 2 football. Some of the sides they will play in that division are also likely to bring a decent following.  Don't know if crowd segregation will in in force at Bolitho for some of these matches. Read that Yeovil have been advised that their trips to Hemel and Weston will be subject to this.

30 minutes ago, GRTourist said:

What a start for Truro. Have to say the signing of Adam Porter a few days ago will make a big difference I think.

Read that York City weren't enamoured with Adam Porter signing for Truro, especially he had played in several of their pre season games as a trialist.

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

Hopefully a few curious locals will go and watch a game or two, especially as it is now step 2 football. Some of the sides they will play in that division are also likely to bring a decent following.  Don't know if crowd segregation will in in force at Bolitho for some of these matches. Read that Yeovil have been advised that their trips to Hemel and Weston will be subject to this.

Read that York City weren't enamoured with Adam Porter signing for Truro, especially he had played in several of their pre season games as a trialist.

Do City use Parkway's security? I think segregation at Bolitho for the visits of Yeovil and Torquay would be wise. If not, a beefed up security presence. Both clubs have a few numpties in their fan base. If Argyle away when these games take place then even more reason to be wary. High profile games at Bolitho can attract a few unsavoury nominally Agyle 'fans' attend.

5 minutes ago, Craze said:

How bad?

Not too sure Craze.

3 hours ago, BigG said:

Truro 5 Welling 2

A great start to the season for City. They started with a sense of purpose and drive and after a defense splitting pass put Rocky Neal through on 5 minutes and he chipped the oncoming keeper to open the scoring. On 18mins a good free kick on the left found the head of Ed Palmer who powered home City's 2nd goal. 3 minutes later a scramble in the box was hit home from 6 yards out by Adam Porter.  Welling clawed back a goal on 28mins. On 38 mins another bit of pung pong in the box was slotted home by Dan Rooney. City finished off the half with a 5th goal scored by last seasons leading scorer Tyler Harvey. 

HT 5-1

2nd half City were cruising and took their foot off the gas but did have chances including one from Rocky that hit the upright. Welling got their 2nd goal from an 85th minute penalty.  Final score 5-2 and a well deserved 3 points. MOM for me was Ed Palmer but it could have been any of several players.

Took my Grandson to his 1st ever football match..... he loved it! (So did i).

City were magnificent in those first 45 mins. Rocky Neal's movement was immense. Good to see Tyler Harvey off the mark first game of the season too. Porter and Rooney had very good games.

Thanks for your report BigG!

The Welling support were excellent, despite a crushing result today.

£11 for NLS football very fair value in my book. Neutrals wanting to see a good standard of football ought to consider Truro games at Bolitho.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 5th August 2023
9 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Do City use Parkway's security? I think segregation at Bolitho for the visits of Yeovil and Torquay would be wise. If not, a beefed up security presence. Both clubs have a few numpties in their fan base. If Argyle away when these games take place then even more reason to be wary. High profile games at Bolitho can attract a few unsavoury nominally Agyle 'fans' 

Believe there were a few incidents at the Buckland v Yeovil PSF. A few Torquay undesirables turned up looking for trouble.

15 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Believe there were a few incidents at the Buckland v Yeovil PSF. A few Torquay undesirables turned up looking for trouble.

That is exactly what happened. Undesirables turn up to high profile non league games as there is rarely CCTV, segregation or police / security presence. I think Tamworth v Scunny had ‘issues’ yesterday. I’m just curious who I takes care of safety issues at Truro games.

22 minutes ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

That is exactly what happened. Undesirables turn up to high profile non league games as there is rarely CCTV, segregation or police / security presence. I think Tamworth v Scunny had ‘issues’ yesterday. I’m just curious who I takes care of safety issues at Truro games.

NO real security at the parkway v argyle pre season game and that was sold out. The question will come down to who pays for it. Can’t really have loads of security there when in all honestly you never know how many away supporters turn up on the day. 
also people go to these game to enjoy local football not be harassed by over the top security telling you  where to stand or what to do etc. 

2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

There was a bit of trouble, however it was mainly the Torquay lads looking for revenge on Yeovil fans after incidents in the past. Probably won't affect Truro matches against the two sides.

2 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

NO real security at the parkway v argyle pre season game and that was sold out. The question will come down to who pays for it. Can’t really have loads of security there when in all honestly you never know how many away supporters turn up on the day. 
also people go to these game to enjoy local football not be harassed by over the top security telling you  where to stand or what to do etc. 

All fair points Sportsman. No real need for security except for  very few high profile games with the very small number of clubs with a reputation. Chester, Tamworth et al.

Couple of sides in National League South this season who have had a history of some supporter trouble - Maidstone and Dover have both got previous, but tbh, in four years of going to every match home and away I've only seen a single person ejected and that's because he was so drunk he fell over the barrier onto the pitch!

I guess there's always the possibility with Torquay in the league now that some Torquay wrong 'uns could come down hoping to square off against Argyle fans at a Truro match, but seems unlikely.