Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 05/04/08

Mining 3

Chacewater 5 Redruth Utd Res 1 (h/t 2-0) :angry2:

Best team won on the day a close first half two goals late on in the half (the second a very dodgy pen) saw chacewater take the advantage and despite a early goal in the second half from Redruth we just could'nt cope with the pace of the chacewater front men and they eventually ran out comfortable winners. Good bunch of lads and best of luck for the rest of the season

Guest Luffy

Div 3

Threemilestone Res 8 Madron Res 1

The ref comfirmed it was Threemilestone Res 9-1 Madron Res

scorers for TMS : A.Merryfield (4) ,R. Harries (2) , L.Patterson , J.Peters , D.Murt

:D

Troon 5 Gulval 1

Gulval Res 3 Storm Res 1

Both teams short again today, Penzance poached a player from my Reserve side again Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Both Ron and me had to do a stint, Ron played 80 mins for the first as our reserve winger was crocked after 10 and looks likely to miss the semi V TMS.

My run out was a more easily to handle 15 mins but it was enough.

Just hope it has left us with enough for the Semi!

Excellent ref for our game Christian Hall, best this season without doubt.

Guest Luffy

as his shot was heading towards the far post , i thought it better to award him the goal than give it as own goal. better for team spirit. well played today jas.

Arthur Pearce Cup.

Trevenson 5, Mount Ambrose 4. *A.E.T.

Division 1.

Goonhavern 0, Portreath 4.

Gwinear 4, St Ives 0.

Illogan 2, Halsetown 1.

Redruth 2, Spice of Life 4.

St Just 1, Threemilestone 6. :clapper:

Storm 5, Holmans 1.

Troon 5, Gulval 1.

Division 2.

Halsetown 1, New Park Rangers 2.

Four Lanes 3, Mousehole 1.

Illogan ?, Ludgvan ?

Madron 3, Trispen 5.

Marazion 0, St Buryan 8.

St Agnes 0, Newlyn 6.

Sennen v Goonhavern -OFF- Goonhavern unable to raise a side.

Division 3.

Chacewater 5, Redruth 1.

Crown Inn Glory 8, Pendeen 2.

Gulval 3, Storm 1.

Portreath 0, Wendron 2.

Threemilestone 9, Madron 1. :thumbsup:

MINING ONE

Spice Of Life 4 - 2 Redruth Utd

Disapointing result for Redruth, both teams evened each other out and a draw would have been a fairer result but two sloppy second half goals conseeded by the reds sealed the win for Spice.

Both teams had a man sent off late in the first half which was bizarre decision by the ref (who otherwise had a good game and was very easy to talked to and explained most of his decisions) when after some banter between two players, the Spice man charged the Redruth man and dragged him two the ground. After a scuffle involving many players the referee sent both men off despite the fact the Redruth player swung no punches and didnt even raise his hand.

MINING THREE

Chacewater Reserves 5 - 1 Redruth Utd Reserves

Redruth 2 v 4 Spice

I agree with 1 and 6, probably should of been a draw, spice just took there chances when they fell, ref did have a good game probably could of got away with a yellow for each player, as according to the 2 players involved, no punches were thrown just verbals and handbags, take into account this was a local derby where spice have been out of form for the past 5 league games and redruth have hit a bit of form within this time, it's a great result for us.

Portreath v goonhavern very blustery goonhavern played with the wind first half, we had lots of possession and played some great football but just couldn't finish untiw we gained a penalty right on half time which Duane slotted home 1-o half time. Second half we came out all guns blazing and scored to quick goals by our prolific goalkeeper playing out Alan Buckley and then scored his hat trick with 10 mins to go, thats too hat tricks this season for our goalkeeper. Very comfortable game at the back today with me and jason dominating the middle and baggie and ryan down the flanks

Guest postman pat

keep plugging away pitty, your team building for next season will bring the benifits for holmans in the long run :clapper: :thumbsup:

I have to say that Troon scored a terrific goal direct from a free kick at least 30 yards out in the game against Gulval on Saturday. Didn't see a better goal on MotD. Hope they didn't mind me joining in their celebrations afterwards!! :blink:

mining div 1

storm 5-1 holmans

"anyone got an A to Z on how to get to mining league division 2 grounds next season???"

I tell you what mate.... if you can keep hold of those young lads you had playing against us then you have a great base for a top Div2 team next season. I recognise Domonic, used to coach him when he was little. He was very lively up front and the lad on the wing 1st half (Young Mr Gadson is it?) I have only seen one other player in our league move so quickly with the ball!

Good performance by Storm with a few players missing, we brought up 'Angel' from the 2nds who was outstanding at centre back!

Holmans were on the attack when we scored two quick goals and that knocked the confidence of some of their players, but they played well. Chris Hart still has a great touch and can pick out a beautiful pass!

Troon 5 Gulval 1

Gulval Res 3 Storm Res 1

Both teams short again today, Penzance poached a player from my Reserve side again Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Excellent ref for our game Christian Hall, best this season without doubt.

Have to agree with you General. Mr Christian Hall was indeed an excellent ref for both teams on the day. His positioning was first class, his decision making was outstanding and his handling of any incident was an example to any spectator or budding official as to how a match should be controlled. His communication with players was constant throughout and he was also happy to share occasional bouts of banter with me and others which made the game even more enjoyable to be involved in.

Thankyou Mr Hall for actually being worth your match fee. :clapper: