Cornwall Football Forum

Quiet times…

3 hours ago, rocky170267 said:

Anyone got any gossip!??

Seems there’s nothing to see on here this week at all !!!

Only seen one pre season game confirmed for The Ashes so far (and not until the 29th July). Their social media seems to exclusively feature the match against the Man Utd legends, nothing regarding the Western League side.

Just now, Way Of The Park said:

Only seen one pre season game confirmed for The Ashes so far (and not until the 29th July). Their social media seems to exclusively feature the match against the Man Utd legends, nothing regarding the Western League side.

Need to claw in the money from that and then decide on a budget for next season I guess ? Maybe signing are dependant on that ?

1 minute ago, rocky170267 said:

Need to claw in the money from that and then decide on a budget for next season I guess ? Maybe signing are dependant on that ?

My mistake, found a pre season schedule. July 4th at home to Wadebridge is the first game, things should start to look a bit clearer then regarding The Ashes. I would say though that a side managed by Macca Brown while they may not hit last season's heights, won't be pushover.

3 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

My mistake, found a pre season schedule. July 4th at home to Wadebridge is the first game, things should start to look a bit clearer then regarding The Ashes. I would say though that a side managed by Macca Brown while they may not hit last season's heights, won't be pushover.

Agree ! Millbrook weren’t easy to play against. Macca knows his stuff

The united legends game  vs Saltash that doesn’t feature any of the new set up and Danny Lewis included in the Saltash set up seem bit odd when the money generated from it supposedly goes towards the current team. Mind you they are flogging a blind bid to play in it so maybe macca chucked in a bid to play. 

The nature of local football and social media now is publicising everything and even Step 7 clubs announcing signings in May/June I find odd and too much. The fact that Saltash and Millbrook are not doing this at all is therefore a worry. Particularly the latter as their first team have all but disappeared from last season and they might be left with scraps on and off the pitch.