Cornwall Football Forum

PIRAN FILMS VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS OF HELSTON ATHLETIC V BUCKLAND ATHLETIC (LEAGUE CUP)

Piran

26 minutes ago, Buckland Jim said:

He carried on in the same vein yesterday at Bridgwater apparently. 

Buckland's antics were a disgrace yesterday, Bridgwater are no shrinking violets but Buckland made them look like pillars of virtue. The Buckland number 4 was the worst offender sin binned in the first half and then sent off for saying something to the linesman in the final few minutes. Jared Lewington was also sent to the sin bin, a member of the Buckland bench was also booked. The only shock was that Farkins himself didn't end up in the sin bin although he tried his best to get sent there because as usual he spent the whole match trying to referee the game. 

41 minutes ago, SomersetObserver said:

Buckland's antics were a disgrace yesterday, Bridgwater are no shrinking violets but Buckland made them look like pillars of virtue. The Buckland number 4 was the worst offender sin binned in the first half and then sent off for saying something to the linesman in the final few minutes. Jared Lewington was also sent to the sin bin, a member of the Buckland bench was also booked. The only shock was that Farkins himself didn't end up in the sin bin although he tried his best to get sent there because as usual he spent the whole match trying to referee the game. 

It's getting embarrassing the way we conduct ourselves, we don't do ourselves any favours. Someone needs to gather the whole squad together and tell them how it is. I didn't go yesterday, but a couple of supporters I know basically said the same as you Somerset Observer. 

2 hours ago, Buckland Jim said:

It's getting embarrassing the way we conduct ourselves, we don't do ourselves any favours. Someone needs to gather the whole squad together and tell them how it is. I didn't go yesterday, but a couple of supporters I know basically said the same as you Somerset Observer. 

Had this situation at parkway one the reason he was moved on. A good player but    Rubs people up the wrong way and  I believe a few in the dressing room became quite unhappy with his attitude 

3 hours ago, Buckland Jim said:

Buckland have always been seen as a "nice club, run by nice people and a nice place to visit", is it a conscious decision from management to make them a bit less "nice" on the pitch?

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

Buckland have always been seen as a "nice club, run by nice people and a nice place to visit", is it a conscious decision from management to make them a bit less "nice" on the pitch?

No ! It’s a Big problem in the game generally.  It’s very much a cause for concern but Helston are just as bad (surrounding referees etc) and many other teams.

sick of this sin bin rule aswell .. Just card them and then Send them.

Mind you some of the decisions I’ve seen lately from refs would get anyone’s back up ! 😂 

21 minutes ago, rocky170267 said:

No ! It’s a Big problem in the game generally.  It’s very much a cause for concern but Helston are just as bad (surrounding referees etc) and many other teams.

sick of this sin bin rule aswell .. Just card them and then Send them.

Mind you some of the decisions I’ve seen lately from refs would get anyone’s back up ! 😂 

No....they should use the sin bin more often