Cornwall Football Forum

CSC Final Query

22 minutes ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Has anyone won the CSC before having lost a game in an earlier round? This could happen with Liskeard having beaten Millbrook in an earlier round. Not bitter at all, but good luck to the 'westerners' Helston ๐Ÿ˜‰ย ย 

Liskeard shouldn't of broke the rules. Shame really because they could well of won it ๐Ÿ˜‚

I can only vouch for the last 40 seasons or so, but I think itโ€™s not the first time a team has got to the final with not having won all their ties.

In season 1996/97, Launceston were eliminated from their Second Round tie with Nanpean. Iโ€™ve got the result down as 0-0. Iโ€™m assuming it was played and finished goalless.

Nanpean went onto reach the final but eventually went down to Falmouth Town after a replay.

Itโ€™s also not the first time Millbrook have gone through to a next round after losing a tie! In season 2001/02, they lost a second round tie at St Dennis 3-2, but subsequently had the game awarded to them.

However they were knocked out in the next round by Bodmin after a replay!

Can anyone tell me the year Millbrook got to final only to loose to Ricky Cardews ย Bodmin at Blazey was a great day ย and Millbrook competed to a very good Bodmin side. Final result ย 2-1 , Stevo and John Hillson managed Millbrook was a great game, Hopefully the Brook can do it this time fingers crossed ๐Ÿ™‚

11 minutes ago, Cornsish Pasty said:

Can anyone tell me the year Millbrook got to final only to loose to Ricky Cardews ย Bodmin at Blazey was a great day ย and Millbrook competed to a very good Bodmin side. Final result ย 2-1 , Stevo and John Hillson managed Millbrook was a great game, Hopefully the Brook can do it this time fingers crossed ๐Ÿ™‚

1998/99

Results on the way:-

2nd Rd

Millbrook 3-1 Falmouth Tn

3rd Rd

Millbrook 4-1 Callington Town

QF

Millbrook 1-0 Camelford

SF

Millbrook 2-1 St Blazey

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

I can only vouch for the last 40 seasons or so, but I think itโ€™s not the first time a team has got to the final with not having won all their ties.

In season 1996/97, Launceston were eliminated from their Second Round tie with Nanpean. Iโ€™ve got the result down as 0-0. Iโ€™m assuming it was played and finished goalless.

Nanpean went onto reach the final but eventually went down to Falmouth Town after a replay.

Itโ€™s also not the first time Millbrook have gone through to a next round after losing a tie! In season 2001/02, they lost a second round tie at St Dennis 3-2, but subsequently had the game awarded to them.

However they were knocked out in the next round by Bodmin after a replay!

Fascinating reading Dave. Thanks for the reply. Record books in coming years will show Torpoint losing twice to the Ashes (Les Phillips Cup) but still going on to the next round!ย 

1 hour ago, baldy said:

Charlton won the FA Cup in 1947 after losing a game. Their victors were not disqualified. Go figure.

ย 

My Shoot Book of English Cup Football says the 1st competition after WW2 rounds 1 to 6 were played on home and away basis. In round 3, Charlton lost away to Fulham 2-1ย  but beat them at home 3-1. They lost 4-1 to Derby in the final. They won it the following season 1-0 v Burnley

4 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Has anyone won the CSC before having lost a game in an earlier round? This could happen with Liskeard having beaten Millbrook in an earlier round. Not bitter at all, but good luck to the 'westerners' Helston ๐Ÿ˜‰ย ย 

Probably, when it was played as, was it, 2 leagues, before becoming a knock out competition. Were the semi finals always single games played on neutral grounds (unless replays required) or were they once played home and away.

6 minutes ago, motherwontletmegoargyle said:

My Shoot Book of English Cup Football says the 1st competition after WW2 rounds 1 to 6 were played on home and away basis. In round 3, Charlton lost away to Fulham 2-1ย  but beat them at home 3-1. They lost 4-1 to Derby in the final. They won it the following season 1-0 v Burnley

Apologies for asking the wrong Q. Should have checked the facts first. Obviously you have the correct A. They lost a game but not the tie and went on to reach the final.