Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Tuesday 21 March 2023

48 minutes ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Clubhouse- grants applied for and awaiting information.

Ground - a lot is resting on the renewable lease from Cornwall Council but as anyone knows they aren’t the quickest. Doesn’t help the uplift on raw materials in the last 12 months of over 30% if not more.

As for the holiday- booked in 2019 for 2020, then Covid hit. So hardly a crashing surprise. After all, having worked in NHS for many years as nurse then up to ward manager to semi retire and celebrating your 40th wedding anniversary in 2019 who wouldn’t want a long holiday? 

Perhaps as it’s my 50th next year I shouldn’t have a holiday in February to celebrate- as someone will no doubt say it’s a sign. 

Just make sure you ask for permission from the members of this forum before you go on holiday 😁

9 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Clubhouse- grants applied for and awaiting information.

Ground - a lot is resting on the renewable lease from Cornwall Council but as anyone knows they aren’t the quickest. Doesn’t help the uplift on raw materials in the last 12 months of over 30% if not more.

As for the holiday- booked in 2019 for 2020, then Covid hit. So hardly a crashing surprise. After all, having worked in NHS for many years as nurse then up to ward manager to semi retire and celebrating your 40th wedding anniversary in 2019 who wouldn’t want a long holiday? 

Perhaps as it’s my 50th next year I shouldn’t have a holiday in February to celebrate- as someone will no doubt say it’s a sign. 

The extended holiday I’m referring to at the business end of a season with some casting doubt on the Ashes ambitions,  is that of the Chair and Treasurer - not yours Phil.

On the field you are promotion ready! SL would be a financial and logistical challenge, but despite facing the same Tavi making a real fist of it! Ashes can too!

On 28/03/2023 at 09:14, quiksilver said:

Think they have planning and funding in place for a second seated stand, main issue and expense would be fitting turnstiles somewhere and somehow, as some have already said ground has tarmac behind goals and dugouts now.  Think they get a years grace to do the improvements to meet southern league grading, so if end of 2024 season they have not done the required work they get relegated anyway

Tavi just got theirs done. They look good!

13 minutes ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

The extended holiday I’m referring to at the business end of a season with some casting doubt on the Ashes ambitions,  is that of the Chair and Treasurer - not yours Phil.

On the field you are promotion ready! SL would be a financial and logistical challenge, but despite facing the same Tavi making a real fist of it! Ashes can too!

And to be fair- if a holiday gets cancelled  in 2020, - then you have Covid restrictions in 2021 and the ships being refitted in 2022 id say it’s bloody well earned. 

Plus with the wonders of tech I have spoken to them both and at some length. Not like years ago - running for a coin box! 

1 hour ago, Philheybrookbay said:

And to be fair- if a holiday gets cancelled  in 2020, - then you have Covid restrictions in 2021 and the ships being refitted in 2022 id say it’s bloody well earned. 

Plus with the wonders of tech I have spoken to them both and at some length. Not like years ago - running for a coin box! 

Be a long run now to a coin box!!

10 hours ago, quiksilver said:

Just make sure you ask for permission from the members of this forum before you go on holiday 😁

Plenty of players from non league clubs in Devon & Cornwall (even up to step 3 level), seem to go on holiday during the season. Just seems to be accepted now.