Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Fixtures Fri/Sat 24/25 February 2023

League fixtures 109-113 of 156

Friday 24th February 2023

Porthleven Reserves (Jevon Pryce) 1-2 Helston Athletic Thirds (Aaron Orchard, Louis Bell)

Att-???

Saturday 25th February 2023

Hayle Reserves (John Grant 2, Curtis Smith, Joshua Cross) 4-2 Rosudgeon (Kalon Mayes 2)

Att-25

Praze (Jack Mankee 2, Jacob Paull) 3-3 Mawnan (Adam Keenan 2, Luke Wort)

Att-25

RNAS Culdrose 0-4 St Just (Ashley Ellis 2, Scott Meagor, Josh Attwood)

Att-15

St Ives Town (Max Clymo, Louis Graham) 2-0 Pendeen Rovers

Att-40

Praze 3-3 Mawnan

Game of the weekend. Mawnan 3-0 up within 20 minutes, then Praze fought to the death to salvage a point.

Multiple sin bins and also a sending off for the home side. There wasn’t very much game time with all 22 players on the pitch! 

Had a chat with to the mawnan keeperwho played victim to the mighty Nancegollan bobble, but delight for Jack Mankee for scoring his first penalty out of 3 against him! 

Jacob paull scoring for the 7th or 8th game in a row, the boys on fire. There’s only one Jake Paul 🥊 

The ref has never taken the whistle in a Praze match until today, and I gotta say I was impressed with him. He absolutely took no dogs mess from any player and stamped out any bad language within the game. Bravo to you sir 👏 

Combos looking fruity now.. St just lost last week and now Pendeen drop points this week! 

Huge games coming up to decide who will come out on top 🔝 

5 minutes ago, ArseneWanger said:

Praze 3-3 Mawnan

Game of the weekend. Mawnan 3-0 up within 20 minutes, then Praze fought to the death to salvage a point.

Multiple sin bins and also a sending off for the home side. There wasn’t very much game time with all 22 players on the pitch! 

Had a chat with to the mawnan keeperwho played victim to the mighty Nancegollan bobble, but delight for Jack Mankee for scoring his first penalty out of 3 against him! 

Jacob paull scoring for the 7th or 8th game in a row, the boys on fire. There’s only one Jake Paul 🥊 

The ref has never taken the whistle in a Praze match until today, and I gotta say I was impressed with him. He absolutely took no dogs mess from any player and stamped out any bad language within the game. Bravo to you sir 👏 

Combos looking fruity now.. St just lost last week and now Pendeen drop points this week! 

Huge games coming up to decide who will come out on top 🔝 

Sorry to have to correct you on a minor detail, Arsene, but St Just avoided losing and drew last week. A point here or there could be very important and this is probably the closest end to a Combo season in years. Pendeen lost at St Ives, who are unbeaten at home in the league since the opening day fixture against Mawnan. The Tinners netted four against Culdrose. Helston won a closely contested derby at Porthleven and no doubt Mr Roberts will use all his years of experience in fitting in their remaining fixtures. Mawnan are not out of the picture if all the other contenders beat each other. Let's hope that any clubs recently struggling to field a full side will finish the season: any repeat of Goonhavern Syndrome could also alter the shape of things ! 

4 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Sorry to have to correct you on a minor detail, Arsene, but St Just avoided losing and drew last week. A point here or there could be very important and this is probably the closest end to a Combo season in years. Pendeen lost at St Ives, who are unbeaten at home in the league since the opening day fixture against Mawnan. The Tinners netted four against Culdrose. Helston won a closely contested derby at Porthleven and no doubt Mr Roberts will use all his years of experience in fitting in their remaining fixtures. Mawnan are not out of the picture if all the other contenders beat each other. Let's hope that any clubs recently struggling to field a full side will finish the season: any repeat of Goonhavern Syndrome could also alter the shape of things ! 

Sorry Rodney my mistake. Praze still gotta play the tinners at home yet! Should be a cracker 💥 

Nice to see hayle win today! Class effort for a team that’s been struggling this season

Certainly is hotting up in the Combo, Pendeen starting to find their level and maybe rethink the promotion plans?

St Just going well but will certainly start to drop off when the cricket season starts undoubtedly taking major effect on their very small squad also maybe wanting to question like Pendeen if they’re able collectively to step up? 

Praze for me looking right in the mix and St Ives in my opinion by far the best footballing team in the Combo this year!

On 26/02/2023 at 13:38, THEMAGPIE said:

Certainly is hotting up in the Combo, Pendeen starting to find their level and maybe rethink the promotion plans?

St Just going well but will certainly start to drop off when the cricket season starts undoubtedly taking major effect on their very small squad also maybe wanting to question like Pendeen if they’re able collectively to step up? 

Praze for me looking right in the mix and St Ives in my opinion by far the best footballing team in the Combo this year!

Nice to see a Magpie among the Seagulls following the Trawlers. Now Mousehole are the biggest club near the Wherrytown sewage outfall, I suppose the Pirates of Penzance will be out soon, trying to pressgang a crew to keep them afloat.