Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results plus Table - 16th August 2022

Results for
Tuesday 16th August
Praze (Ryan Wilkinson, Luke Carroll, Jack Mankee, Alex Zamaneagra) 4-2 St Day Reserves (Dan Richards 2)
Att-35
St Agnes Reserves (Jake Mavor-Hills) 1-0 Goonhavern Athletic
Att-24
St Ives Town (Marcus Tansey, Louis Graham, Max Davies, Joe Day)
4-2 Porthleven Reserves (Dan Parker, Connor Webb)
Att-45
St Just (George Harry 2, Ashley Ellis 2) 4-1 Hayle Reserves (Danny Ford)
Att-78
Wendron United Thirds (Zach Alexander, Justin Searle, Ben Fletcher) 3-2 Mawnan (Luke Wort, Adam Keenan)
Att-15

POS

TEAM

PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 HAYLE RESERVES 2 1 0 1 11 7 4 3
2 PENDEEN ROVERS 1 1 0 0 4 0 4 3
3 ST JUST 1 1 0 0 4 1 3 3
4 PRAZE 1 1 0 0 4 2 2 3
5 MAWNAN 2 1 0 1 4 3 1 3
6 WENDRON UNITED THIRDS 1 1 0 0 3 2 1 3
7 ST AGNES RESERVES 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 3
8 ST IVES TOWN 2 1 0 1 4 4 0 3
9 HELSTON ATHLETIC THIRDS 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
10 RNAS CULDROSE 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
11 ROSUDGEON 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
12 GOONHAVERN ATHLETIC 1 0 0 1 0 1 -1 0
13 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 2 0 0 2 2 8 -6 0
14 ST DAY RESERVES 2 0 0 2 5 14 -9 0

Praze 4-2 St Day

Ryan Wilkinson

Alex Andru ️ 

Jack Mankee ️ 

Luke Carroll ️ 

Praze first ever win in the combination league. The boys played well against a very tough opposition and were deserved winners on the night. 
With the seconds winning 8-1 in their third? Pre season friendly since forming, it’s a good night for the club.

Spirits are high going in Saturday with Goonhavern!

🔰🔰🔰

St Just 4-1 Hayle (HT 2-0) Att 78

St Just took the lead inside 30 seconds courtesy of George Harry, who got 2 on the day as well as 2 from Ash Ellis. Danny Ford scored Hayle’s consolation late on with a well taken free kick. A good competitive game and well reffed by Frank Hood.

Wasn't at this game tonight but it appears there was another unsavoury incident after the game at St Ives, but involving Porthleven Reserves. The manager after the game purposefully turning off the music, saying well played lads shame about that c*** of a referee, bad news is we may have him next week. Before proceeding to ask those in the doorway to see if said referee had heard it our not. Looks like the referee support at the county FA will have there work cut out in the next couple of days. (Report was on a referee report site and I am only putting on what I heard).

If true though I hope that the manager is reported and that a long ban is given. We can ill afford to lose any more referees.

22 minutes ago, Laws of the Game said:

I hope that the manager is reported and that a long ban is given

Did you hear it or read it? I always think in these situations it’s good to hear from both sides before wishing anyone gets “long bans”.

I would imagine “long bans” are only more for physical abuse aren’t they?

38 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Did you hear it or read it? I always think in these situations it’s good to hear from both sides before wishing anyone gets “long bans”.

I would imagine “long bans” are only more for physical abuse aren’t they?

Read it from who I believe is a referee on a referee support group. Following the incident at the weekend I can’t believe something else has happened.

Also appears that the manager rather than apologising was happy the referee was upset and no longer wanted to do the game next week. Perhaps the best thing to do would be for the referee to not be replaced and they have to referee it themselves 

18 minutes ago, Laws of the Game said:

Read it from who I believe is a referee on a referee support group. Following the incident at the weekend I can’t believe something else has happened.

Also appears that the manager rather than apologising was happy the referee was upset and no longer wanted to do the game next week. Perhaps the best thing to do would be for the referee to not be replaced and they have to referee it themselves 

Combo League is now classed a a recreational league not part of the NLS so a match official isn't automatically given.  Trelawny League would be much appreciated of match officials.

9 hours ago, BrummyBarry said:

Someone else to get abused. Fantastic let's hope that the Cornwall FA pull that referee off the game and tell Porthleven to do it themselves seeing as they cant respect the referees they're given. 

Forget the Cornwall FA having to pull the ref, if it is that bad get the refs to  all refuse to do the game? 

• cornishteddyboy changed the title to LWC Drinks Combination League Results plus Table - 16th August 2022