Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Mon 27 Dec 2021 (Bank Holiday Monday)

St Day 3-0 Falmouth Res 

Watched a decent game in bitter conditions, first half I felt Falmouth controlled the game slightly better than St Day but never actually looked like scoring a goal .

The first goal came from St Day pressing hard all over the pitch a neat cross in to the box was met by the defender who unfortunately put it passed the keeper for 1-0 . 
I wasn’t sure St Day had done enough first half to win the game & Falmouth at the start of the second half put pressure on the St Day back line but again to no avail , Abbo superb for St Day & Tom Hogarth just seems to sit back there quite comfortably all 90 his experience does shine through he reads the game very well only disappointing part was he lacked in entertainment 🤣🤣love to hear his banter.

St Day turned the game when they scored the second , Falmouth at that point looked a little deflated but kept going until the end .

3-0 was probably overall the right result although if Falmouth had created a little more in the box maybe a different game which may of swung either way.

These two sides I heard are one & two in the league seems fair on todays showing some decent players in both squads .

Nice to see Jarvo in the Town dugout is he manager / assistant ! Top bloke 👍

Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season .

Well reffed by George P .

Just to add decent crowd ( unsure of number the clicking machine by Adrian & Dan was on the gate so maybe someone has official attendance.)

Ok. So I'll give my view on the Port v Helston game.

Helston started the game on top and scored early on. Things changed a little when the Helston no. 7 got himself sent off with a reckless challenge, Cue the resultant 'handbags' from both teams which ended with a couple more bookings. Port slowly started to get into the game with the extra man but didn't really cause Helston too many problems. And so this continued. Port's reluctance to shoot or good defending by the Helston back line ensured the score stayed at 1-0. A couple of glaring opportunities from both teams went by and so the game entered stoppage time. Another reckless challenge near the corner flag went unpunished due to the fact that he actually took the ball with him through the Port player. However, from the throw in the ball flashed across goal for Jevon (I think) to hammer it home at the back post, much to the annoyance of the Helston keeper, playing up to his usual pantomime villain act. Port's players went bonkers, as you'd expect, getting an equaliser so late in the game. More drama was to follow when the referee gave Port a free kick on the half way line. Quick thinking from Dan Greet saw Helston slow to react and Dan Parker ran through to hammer the ball home with a screamer from the edge of the box. Cue some more wild scenes of celebration and, soon after, the final whistle. Final score Port 2-1 Helston. At the final whistle I saw another red card, presumably to the Helston keeper who had been sin binned after Port's second goal.

Well done to all Port players from Bart in goal, the Greet brothers and the goal winning hero, Dan Parker

Generally well reffed by Marc Rose

On 27/12/2021 at 14:19, cornish leg end said:

Wonder if it was the pitch or lack of players again for st Dennis! 

Most definitely the pitch,if u would b kind enough to put Ur hand in Ur pocket and pay for several tonnes of screened top soil n some new turf that would b much appreciated,maybe then I could play a game at home over the Xmas period!! Also if Ur concerned about our players n would like to join to help our team out please feel free to pm me and I'll get u signed on,cheers.

1 minute ago, davegrose said:

Most definitely the pitch,if u would b kind enough to put Ur hand in Ur pocket and pay for several tonnes of screened top soil n some new turf that would b much appreciated,maybe then I could play a game at home over the Xmas period!! Also if Ur concerned about our players n would like to join to help our team out please feel free to pm me and I'll get u signed on,cheers.

No problem Dave I’ll sign on and help you out when needed only had to ask. 

1 hour ago, davegrose said:

No, no...no...not topsoil - sports sand.

You cannot turf at this time of the year, and unfortunately you cannot get sports sand in Cornwall at this time, you'll have to wait for the end of the season now to do this type of work...sorry bud but timing is everything. 

On 05/01/2022 at 22:53, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

No, no...no...not topsoil - sports sand.

You cannot turf at this time of the year, and unfortunately you cannot get sports sand in Cornwall at this time, you'll have to wait for the end of the season now to do this type of work...sorry bud but timing is everything. 

Send me some information please as Ur a lot more in the know than me older, cheers 😘

3 hours ago, cornish leg end said:

You manager now Dave or is batesy? 

Neither of us

3 minutes ago, davegrose said:

October he finished he got to much stuff on to be dicked about by players etc

Local football is not the same anymore. It will never recover. Batesy loved his football and when having a family and giving your time up to run a team it’s not easy when the commitment is no longer there. Can only see more and more teams having to fold.