Cornwall Football Forum

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS: HELSTON ATHLETIC V ASHTON AND BACKWELL

Piran

By the looks of it Helston should of stuck about 7 past these. 

Why is bowker starting on the bench? And someone duel registered who's played a couple times starting over him? 

Bowker is their main goal scorer he needs to be starting every game, comes on to prove a point by scoring the winner. 

Massey thinks its the premier league swapping out players, just play your best team.. Almost cost him 3 points. 

36 minutes ago, Tomm said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Bowker ends up at Parkway given their need for a striker.

I’d be pretty fed up of being regularly dropped despite being their best player and top scorer?

He actually the sort of striker they need at minute   much more aggressive then Carter and bath . and that nasty streak defenders hate playing against. 

9 minutes ago, Tomm said:

No? Seems to be doing ok to me…who then? 

At this level the squad is probably more important than the starting XI. You need a strong bench if things don't work out. Stu has come off the bench twice recently and scored a goal a game but no player likes to be left out of the 11. As an ex defender, the thought of coming up against someone like Stu after 60 minutes fresh and raring to go would not be appealing. Any of you remember Dave Fairclough, I  think his name was, who played for Liverpool way back in the last century?

Tucker looks the best ability wise to be fair that I’ve seen.  And that buchan looks a quality player and will score loads if he there full time. 
but bowker gives you something different  trust me parkway have struggled to find someone like that to act as a focal point aggressive and scores goals. 

• 2 weeks later...