Cornwall Football Forum

TRELAWNY LEAGUE - Midweek matches for Tuesday & Wednesday 31st August & 1st September 2021

Tuesday 31st August

DIVISION 1

Penzance Reserves         1-3              St Buryan

DIVISION 2

Frogpool & Cusgarne Res            1-7            Falmouth United

Wednesday 1st September

DIVISION 1

St Erme                                3-3              Frogpool & Cusgarne

DIVISION 2

New Inn Titans                 3-1            Wendron United 4th

Why are teams in the Trelawny league still using ‘team sheet’ books? I saw an opposition manager ask the home manager for one the other day, home manager replied ‘we do it all online now mate’ but the away manager insisted he needed one, as do the referees? Surly in this day and age there is zero requirement for them? 

6 hours ago, Sijames said:

Why are teams in the Trelawny league still using ‘team sheet’ books? I saw an opposition manager ask the home manager for one the other day, home manager replied ‘we do it all online now mate’ but the away manager insisted he needed one, as do the referees? Surly in this day and age there is zero requirement for them? 

Because not all clubs are honest. Player registration irregularities, eligibility issues, playing under different names, playing whilst suspended.  Then there's the bit for referees for misconduct and discipline.

They still have to hand teamsheets to officials and opposition in the top flight.

Paper teamsheets are a way of administration between clubs and officials whilst the online teamsheets are a way of administering for league's - both methods being important.

1 hour ago, Sijames said:

But from what I now understand, you Don’t have to do them? As in, it isn’t an actual requirement according to CCFA / Trelawny league! 🤷‍♂️

The match result notification, correctly completed, shall be signed by an Officer of the team, or as  prescribed by the Competition. Failure to comply with this Rule will result in a fine in accordance with  the Fines Tariff. 

d. At the end of the match a copy of each teams Match Report Form (yellow copy) shall be provided to their opponents for their retention. Additionally, the date of birth and the e-mail address of  up to THREE players may be requested by the opponents. These details are to be entered on the  yellow copy adjacent to the players’ name. Failure to provide such details upon request shall result in  the offending club being fined in accordance with the Fines Tariff, the player being deemed ineligible  and the penalties at Rule 18m being applied.  

16 hours ago, Sijames said:

But from what I now understand, you Don’t have to do them? As in, it isn’t an actual requirement according to CCFA / Trelawny league! 🤷‍♂️

Then, quite simply, you understand wrong.  The CCFA wouldn't be the deciding body. Any Covid guidance was from the FA themselves. I'm pretty sure the Trelawny League officers wouldn't tell you that you dont need team sheets